0-60 in 2.9 sec: The production 1018-HP CCXR is here

I love Koenigsegg, I mean that car is love something naked, breat, butt, whatever its fuckable, but for over a million dollars I will go with the SL 65 AMG, get the partner I always liked, get hitched, and buy a Brubus upgrade, with a nice interior, thats way too exepensive, even if its the best car in the world and great. Money is the key here.

ok, what did i just say? i said the CCX's 4.7L and the CCXR's 4.8L have absolutely no relation to the 4.6L. the one you posted is the CC8S's engine.

oh and i just read up on the CC8S's engine and it says that that engine was BASED off the 4.6L Ford. the 4.7L and 4.8L in the 2 CCX variants are ground up engines and have no relation to the previous 4.7L in the CC8S.

My mistake, i searched CCX and thats what came up. If anybody has a picture of a CCX engine, I'd love to see it.

I take back what said, making a more expensive Koenigsegg makes sense, the cars have a very long waiting list on the CCX so whats the harm in charging more, the money goes to a good cause. The 4.6 and 4.7 are very similer though, Koenigsegg did use different parts, but the engine is based on the orginal ford engine, its just beefed up a bit, but the firing order is the same. This is a backass car, probabably the coolest car made. I wonder though how good the manumatic is.

Im not going to bother arguing about where engines were based and there size or the price, im just going to say;

Thats an unbelievable car, and i would disregard any price to buy one, probably my favorite car behind the Almighty Veyron.

All i want to see is a drag race between this and Veyron, might have to wait on youtube for a while.

Im not going to bother arguing about where engines were based and there size or the price, im just going to say;

Thats an unbelievable car, and i would disregard any price to buy one, probably my favorite car behind the Almighty Veyron.

All i want to see is a drag race between this and Veyron, might have to wait on youtube for a while.

If you look the CCX is actually faster then the Veyron in acceleration, the CCXR would just destroy the Veyron.

What difference does it make if a car is $1 million or $10 million? People that can afford to spend $1 million on a car could probably afford to spend several times that.

Dumbest thing I've read all day. You think most of the candidates eligible to buy a car like this get where they're at by mismanaging their money? 1 million vs 1 million x "several" is a huge difference to consider, pull your head out of your ass man. :rolleyes:

If you look the CCX is actually faster then the Veyron in acceleration, the CCXR would just destroy the Veyron.

For some reason ppl don't understand that the Veyron wasn't equipped with road legal tires when it did 0-60 in 2,5 sec..

For some reason ppl don't understand that the Veyron wasn't equipped with road legal tires when it did 0-60 in 2,5 sec..

It's done 0-60mph in 2,5 sec on more than one occasion. I think it was C/D that got it in 2.46 sec, I'm decently sure that that was with road legal tires.

Dumbest thing I've read all day. You think most of the candidates eligible to buy a car like this get where they're at by mismanaging their money? 1 million vs 1 million x "several" is a huge difference to consider, pull your head out of your ass man. :rolleyes:

No he's right. If you only have 2 or 5 million in the bank, you won't spend a million on a car. That's a fith of everything you have. If you have ten or twenty or more million, then you'll start to feel comfortable at spending a million on a single car.

In simpler terms; the only people that would spend 7 figures on a car are the kind of people that are of such comfortable finances that they don't need to think about what they're buying. i.e. not someone with 'only' 5 million.

No he's right. If you only have 2 or 5 million in the bank, you won't spend a million on a car. That's a fith of everything you have. If you have ten or twenty or more million, then you'll start to feel comfortable at spending a million on a single car.

In simpler terms; the only people that would spend 7 figures on a car are the kind of people that are of such comfortable finances that they don't need to think about what they're buying. i.e. not someone with 'only' 5 million.

It's still a huge difference, and still puts some more (even if few) people out of reach from it. For example...something everyone on this forum could related to: Jeremy Clarkson. I think we can all agree he's pretty well-off. He bought a Gallardo because he likes the car and can comfortably afford it. If the pricetag of the Gallardo was multiplied by 10 (as initially stated by bartboy or whoever made that post) I'm sure Clarkson would have thought twice, or not thought about buying it at all. That's not to say for sure it was out of his reach, I don't know his financial situation for certain, but it's definitely not a negligible difference. Now substitute Clarkson and his Gallardo in this analogy to a random Millionaire and the Koenigsegg.

I can see them raising the price since the CC8 because of more R&D on their own parts in-house, and less use of parts already available in the market...but it is a serious increase, and to say it makes no difference is silly. The car is still my favorite production car, even if the price is outrageous.

It's still a huge difference, and still puts some more (even if few) people out of reach from it. For example...something everyone on this forum could related to: Jeremy Clarkson. I think we can all agree he's pretty well-off. He bought a Gallardo because he likes the car and can comfortably afford it. If the pricetag of the Gallardo was multiplied by 10 (as initially stated by bartboy or whoever made that post) I'm sure Clarkson would have thought twice, or not thought about buying it at all. That's not to say for sure it was out of his reach, I don't know his financial situation for certain, but it's definitely not a negligible difference. Now substitute Clarkson and his Gallardo in this analogy to a random Millionaire and the Koenigsegg.

I can see them raising the price since the CC8 because of more R&D on their own parts in-house, and less use of parts already available in the market...but it is a serious increase, and to say it makes no difference is silly. The car is still my favorite production car, even if the price is outrageous.

$150,000 is significantly less than $1,000,000. Those people are in a different league. People who spend a million on a car aren't struggling to do so.

$150,000 is significantly less than $1,000,000. Those people are in a different league. People who spend a million on a car aren't struggling to do so.

Nor are people who spend 6 figures. Although it's a different market, the same rules, if you will, apply. It would be like saying multiply the MSRP of any vehicle because they've developed some new parts. In 08 the same model bike I own underwent usual model updates that motorcycle manufacturers do every few years to stay competitive, and the MSRP directly reflected that with a slight increase. To multiply a vehicle's price twofold or more because it sustained some changes is pretty crazy, and it will certainly make a difference to the consumer, that's all I'm saying.

Nor are people who spend 6 figures. Although it's a different market, the same rules, if you will, apply. It would be like saying multiply the MSRP of any vehicle because they've developed some new parts. In 08 the same model bike I own underwent usual model updates that motorcycle manufacturers do every few years to stay competitive, and the MSRP directly reflected that with a slight increase. To multiply a vehicle's price twofold or more because it sustained some changes is pretty crazy, and it will certainly make a difference to the consumer, that's all I'm saying.

I understand exactly what you are saying. But these types of cars aren't for the average consumer. I'm sure that when the Mustang GT500 came out, a lot of people were planning to buy one for around $45K or $50K. But there were markups of as much as $20K which probably stopped some people from buying them. And that's perfectly understandable.

All I am saying is that the people in the market for ~$1,000,000 cars won't notice the price difference AT ALL. Just about any modern supercar has huge markups when they first go on sale. The Ferrari Enzo was said to cost around $600,000 when it was introduced. People were paying well over a million for them when they first went on sale. That's nearly double the MSRP, but I doubt anyone complained about it.

Yeah I see what you're saying as well, and as long as you see what I'm saying...I have nothing else to say on the subject. Back to new Koenigsegg talk...

I'm sure they can find less than 100 rich people to buy up all the CCXR anyways. So the price is not important. But if I have the money to buy this or the Veyron, I would still choose the Veyron. With that much hp powering only the rear wheels and on street tires, it's just dangerous. But with that said, the design is beutiful, an improvement over the standard CCX.

With that much hp powering only the rear wheels and on street tires, it's just dangerous.

why does everyone keep saying this? are we stuck in the 80's where traction control or any other computer aid was limited? also, isn't most of the Veyron's power sent to the rear wheels?

I'm sure they can find less than 100 rich people to buy up all the CCXR anyways. So the price is not important. But if I have the money to buy this or the Veyron, I would still choose the Veyron. With that much hp powering only the rear wheels and on street tires, it's just dangerous. But with that said, the design is beutiful, an improvement over the standard CCX.

That is what makes this car so badass.

Yh wouldn't be a massive shock if it does, but like as a daily car i would prefer the Veyron just is more civilized, like maybe have the CCXR as a weekend car and the Veyron as a daily drive:p