[01x01] February 22nd, 2009

[01x01] February 22nd, 2009

• Total voters

freefall

Car(s)
MX-5 NC
Vote, discuss. Torrent talk not allowed ;)

Subtitled version is out and about.

6 points for the first try which actually deserves 5. Unperfect production but it looked somehow fresh and boyish. :D

Just watched the subtitled version, and thought it was pretty good for a first effort. It was a PIA to have to use the subtitles, but that's not the show's fault. Good first effort.

just watched it, not bad at all. Better than the aus version, I'll be watching the next ep

I thought the bit with the celebs was dumb.

And the SIARPC, why is it in the shape of a race car? It had hood pins, exhaust work, and a racing hub steering wheel.

Ladas are not sold like that.

I guess the "Jeremy" one is into Porsches no matter how bad they are.

Oh, was the Miata slower than the Range Rover around the track? How is that possible?

I gave 2/10 (And I'm Russian)

Last edited:
So does anyone know where they're located at?

Oh, was the Miata slower than the Range Rover around the track? How is that possible?

I gave 2/10 (And I'm Russian)

On a power track, especially a wet power track I can see it happening, no Miata was ever built for straight line speed. It is a car that is best suited for autocross, a nice twisty road, or a road circuit, not a mostly straight, soaking wet track. Plus it was a PRHT so it is heavier than a standard MX-5.

To be honest I stopped watching after that bit.

The MX-5 had bad traction? Wobbly? Badly made? Those comments fly in the face of EVERY review I've ever read about ANY Miata, it also the opposite of my experience as well. For them to say that the MX-5 is crap is hugely ignorant of the facts.

I'm done with this show, I can deal with the subtitles but I can't deal with massive stupidity and ignorance of what a good handling car is.

i agree, they must have some kind of shit MX5 (miata) in russia, the way they drove it was horrid aswell. bouncing all over the shop, i was wtfing the entire way through.

so far, i think its good,

"soon the smell of kebab and glory attracted more folks" :p

I like. 6/10 for the first show.

Yeah it isn't as polished as 'real' TG but then it'll never be like that on a first show.
Really liked the "let's test each others cars" bit, SIARPC was crap though

All in all they seem to have captured the "blokes arsing about" spirit of TG well.

And MASSIVE kudos to whoever did the subtitles.

About Mazda.
One of the creators of the russian version explained: "We decided to blame mazda so we're doing it. May be later we will decide to blame BMW". So that's how the things work in TGR.

About Mazda.
One of the creators of the russian version explained: "We decided to blame mazda so we're doing it. May be later we will decide to blame BMW". So that's how the things work in TGR.

That's utterly retarded, I don't think I'll be watching the show again.

Ok, i've just watched the chapter 1 of TG Russia:

I wasn't expecting something as good as the originals, but for something as bad as the aussie version. It was bad, but better than the austrialian ones, that version is crap

The show is kinda weird, a low-budget TG imitation...they tested their own cars in the TG Russia track (the worst track i've ever seen, i've watched go-karts tracks here much better than that), that wasn't that bad, but i don't believe that a MX-5 is slower than a nearly 3 tonns Land Rover, in Russia, in China or anywhere....

The news section was rubbish. The multi-celebrities reunion was dumb. Then they wanted to imitate the car vs powerboat TG races and they fail miserably.

SIARPC in TG Russia should be called PSIAFCC (pseudo-star in a full crap car). A race-prepared Lada Kalina (god help us!!!!!!!!!!)

I would give it 4/10, and i'm magnanimous, because it was the first try. I don't know if i'm gonna watch the next episode....

Last edited:
About Mazda.

Who exactly is this mysterious "one of the Creators"?

Making obviously humorous, albeit offensive, implications about brand's owners or even factory workers and management is one thing. Making false statements and libeling is a totally different matter, and is considered a crime under the law (if proven so, that is).

Probably, it's the other way round in Russia - you make an offensive comment about a CEO or a politician - and you're out in the woods the next day, while no one cares what you say about the car :lol:

Who exactly is this mysterious "one of the Creators"?

Well, he's a chief editor of TGR. BTW, he's the owner of the Vantage from the 01x02 comparison with manual Sportshift transmission - yes, he insisted it's manual, not automatic or semi-automatic.

Well, he's a chief editor of TGR. BTW, he's the owner of the Vantage from the 01x02 comparison with manual Sportshift transmission - yes, he insisted it's manual, not automatic or semi-automatic.

Sportshift not a semi-automatic transmission? Bloody hell, he sure is well informed, then. Case closed.

:cry:

i agree, they must have some kind of shit MX5 (miata) in russia, the way they drove it was horrid aswell. bouncing all over the shop, i was wtfing the entire way through.

must admit I thought the shocks were blown the way it was riding compared to the other two cars. These were their own cars and any car drives like crap with shagged suspension, me thinks the servicing my have lapsed a little :)

Sportshift not a semi-automatic transmission? Bloody hell, he sure is well informed, then. Case closed.

:cry:

Actually there was more. He said Sportshift-like transmission is not automatic because even in the drive-auto mode it's the driver who selects the gear and the right moment of changing by stepping on the accelerator.

I liked it for a first attempt. I'm Russian