Votes: 20 20.4%

Votes: 6 6.1%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 1.0%

Votes: 3 3.1%

• Total voters
On amazon.de the English original sound is beeped, the German-dubbed version, however, is not.

So I suppose our version is identical with the British one.

Since I cannot access amazon prime in USA with my account, I cannot check if the sound is any different. You can check, though, when Richard says "It's spinning its *BEEP* wheels in 6th" in the McLaren.

I don't know if you know what a circle is, but those are squares!

I blame my co-workers... Ugh, they started that nonsense! LOL

I watched the USDM version, they did bleep and pixelate Hammond at least at one point (I believe during the P1 testing).

Edit: At 18:00

I missed that the first run through, actually - but less than 20 seconds later the line, "I didn't think it was possible to shit yourself to death" was let through completely uncensored. No beep, no pixels.

I don't know if you know what a circle is, but those are squares!

I missed that the first run through, actually - but less than 20 seconds later the line, "I didn't think it was possible to shit yourself to death" was let through completely uncensored. No beep, no pixels.

I saw that too which leads me to believe they want to censor "fuck" but not "shit" and etc. I've noticed this on the Netflix series as well, but, only on some. The episode where Richard is in Canada needing to be saved on Wolf Mountain I believe he says "fuck" and "shit" but none are censored. I don't get it, either censor all or none. Take your damn pick.

Last edited:
Hmmm they do indeed seem to have censorship on what I saw, but indeed 'shit yourself to death' slipped through.... is it just the f word?

It seems to be just the f-word, yep.

Kinda agree with everyone here, didn't like the siarp 'bit', and American Stig should shut up (unless moaning is his thing like weird music was for old Stig), otherwise 9/10. Geniunely baffled the Ferrari TheFerrari was slowest though

It wasn't

The P1 was and that was supposedly because of the tire choice.

Yeah, I noticed that on my first watch, first thinking "They really bleep AND pixelate the F-word", and then a few seconds later "Oh, but shit is fine?" Quite weird.

The swearing should be bleeped out like it was in Top Gear for continuity's sake. It also adds to the comedic effect.

IMO, this episode gets a dank/10. It had me laughing, it had me excited, and it had me in awe; all things I missed from the old TG. Like many others, I'm glad SIARP is dead.

In the opening montage, the moment Clarkson "realised" his mates were there, and they pulled out from behind him... The smiles on their faces...got me right in the feels. Hell yeah!
(I also have quite a lot of want for Clarkson's 'stang), and would like to see a 'film' featuring the three worked ponies.

Loved what was them essentially killing off their star segments by killing off the stars.

I want to see what they do to Jeremy's house.
I had no idea who the 'stars' were, so I missed the humour there entirely. That's not their fault though.

Also, I didn't know about Clarkson's house, until I googled it after watching the show. Obviously I immediately realised that it wouldn't have been an off-the-cuff bet, and that there was probably a backstory I didn't know about. So finding out he was building a new house anyway, didn't take away from it for me, it just meant the whole thing "clicked".

Well I wanted a different show.

It looked good and it's good that they poked a bit of fun at the old way, and have hopefully realised the celeb bit (SIARPC, whatever you wanna call it) was always the most skippable bit of the old show. But I was hoping for a bit of a change to the whole format unless the trio, Andy Wilman and Richard Porter (yep, even the old TG script editor made it across) really are one trick ponies.

Also, hi all! Long time no see :)

They're damned if they do and damned if they don't really. I hope that they will introduce enough new things into the show moving forward that it feels fresh, but doing what they do, is what got them here in the first place. Maybe they will ease into it.

Hey stranger! You've garnered a mention over in the "Where in the world is?" thread

This was the best Top Gear in years, including the last seasons CHM did for the BBC.

That said, I still can't rate it higher than 6/10. It would have been a 8.5, but beeping and pixelating over swearwords just took that high mark away (0.5 off for each instance).
I didn't notice any censoring at all...hmm.

Last edited:
The (apparently US-specific) version I got was not pixelated or beeped out at any point.

Since apparently there is a USDM version and an export version (or a 'family friendly' one at least) one wonders if the music will have been the same between them.

The US version I got both Clarkson and Hampster got bleeped and pixelated as well, so I guess saying shit on Amazon is ok, but f**K is not.

Having re-watched it, the f-bomb was indeed pixelated, but I didn't hear a beep.

No, I understood that.
But I had no idea who the 'stars' were, so to me they were trying to express the point by offing random people. (Which was probably an analogy for the mostly C grade celebs they had appear on SIARPC)
Considering they were in California, they could have got a bigger name, to get the point across in a more succinct way. "Oh cock! Tom Cruise just crash landed....anyway...moving on!!"

It's not Amazon's idea to do the bleeping. The guys want it. They've all said they want to do a family friendly show and they feel that certain words should be off-limits.

10/10!
Love every bit of the show

The unique thing that i didn't like was the american driver.

Can't wait for the next episodes

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk