Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 1.0%

Votes: 3 3.1%

• Total voters

ahpadt

Forum Addict
I think I was so hyped about this I couldn't quite digest it. Anyway, let's discuss!

*spoilerz*

6Dd8xK2.png

Motoring journalist > F1 pay driver? Lols.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tears of joy. That's all I can say for now.

First thing I noticed is that there is a significant upgrade in the cinematography. The show feels fresh, even if the actual content is similar to the old Top Gear. Is it the change in equipment, camera people or just the difference between BBC broadcast and Amazon streaming? Either way, the show feels very crisp and vibrant. I especially love the new car indoor cameras - they look much more cinematic and clear than the old ones in Top Gear.

Good idea of them to start with the most anticipated bit for years. I didn't learn anything new I didn't know from Harris' review, but it was pure audiovisual enjoyment coupled with the usual old CHM fun.

The tent is lovely, maybe because I got bored with the old studio. But the studio segments, especially the one after the M2 review thingy, felt very (I hate this word, but) cringy. The joke about the guest segment just dragged on and dragged on.

Overall, it is everything I wanted the Grand Tour to be. The same old show I love, just with a new coat of paint. 8/10.

Last edited:
I think I was so hyped about this I couldn't quite digest it. Anyway, let's discuss!

*spoilerz*

6Dd8xK2.png

Motoring journalist > F1 pay driver? Lols.

He's a small guy though. That's probably weight reduction coming in to play!

And I actually have been clocked for speeding at a speed less than James May's 37 MPH. I was pulled for going 16 MPH in a 5 MPH zone. But the cop "cut me some slack" and wrote it for 10 MPH. Now I just have to figure out where to email them...

The American doesn't need to talk.

Otherwise a good start to things.

Since the P1 lost to the Porsche do we get to call him Jennifer or is that the intellectual property of the BBC?

Loved it.

Loved what was them essentially killing off their star segments by killing off the stars.

I want to see what they do to Jeremy's house.

The first episode just finished for me and was it worth the wait, yes it was seeing the P1, 918 and La Ferrari in action was fantastic especially the timed lap where Clarkson bet his house that the P1 would be the fastest and it was the slowest meaning that Hammond and May get to demolish it. Some silly bits but thats part of the magic that is Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May. On a scale from 1 to 10 a 9 - 9.5 for me.

The show is recorded in 4K, so whether you're watching in 4K or not, you can rest assured that the most state-of-the-art video recording equipment is being used.

Unfortunately for me, my video stream absolutely collapsed about two-thirds of the way through -- near the end of the last tent segment. Prior to that I experienced a number of small glitches, like words missing. And for most of the playback, I had no ability to pause or rewind the video. I'm watching through an Xbox One, hard-wired to my quite fast broadband service. I had to step up to it and press the power button to reboot and get the show back up and running, and in the end, I couldn't even exit out of the Amazon app, let alone turn the box off with my remote control. So, my first Grand Tour streaming experience went about as well as the celebrities did in the show.

As for the show, I liked it, though some of the tent segments were a bit "forced." Hopefully things will smooth out over the coming episodes.

The show is recorded in 4K, so whether you're watching in 4K or not, you can rest assured that the most state-of-the-art video recording equipment is being used.

Unfortunately for me, my video stream absolutely collapsed about two-thirds of the way through -- near the end of the last tent segment. Prior to that I experienced a number of small glitches, like words missing. And for most of the playback, I had no ability to pause or rewind the video. I'm watching through an Xbox One, hard-wired to my quite fast broadband service. I had to step up to it and press the power button to reboot and get the show back up and running, and in the end, I couldn't even exit out of the Amazon app, let alone turn the box off with my remote control. So, my first Grand Tour streaming experience went about as well as the celebrities did in the show.

As for the show, I liked it, though some of the tent segments were a bit "forced." Hopefully things will smooth out over the coming episodes.

I started to watch mine on my browser, but decided the show deserved to be on my HDTV, so I watched it on my Xbox One as well. Had no issues, and had full control of pausing, rewinding and fast-forwarding both through my Xbox One controller, and my Xbox One Media Remote:

d3965361-18b7-408e-abb5-565c5aa667b4.jpg

Looked stunning in 4K, but the quality has visibly aged James considerably. I did enjoy killing off the guest section, it did get tired as Top Gear went on. And finally a (sort of) definitive answer to the question we've all been asking since Clarkson punched a producer. Solid start, 9/10

'Guess who just got back today....those wild eyes boys that have been away....'

That opening sequence alone was worth the wait, what a fantastic take that to the BBC, and what a fantastic yet simple visualisation of male friendship....I actually got a tear in my eye.

I liked it. If Jeremy, James, and/or Richard read this section, let me just say "thank you."

It made me feel like I'm 10 years old again. (ignore the age on the left pls)

I loved the opening sequence. When Jeremy is laughing under the CA sun, when he saw his old buddy catch him up and company him to the show. That is so prefect the capture the feeling. I just speechless at that moment. Wonderfully done.
As for other parts, the show is still new, quite few things are not perfect yet. However, the same old TG feeling is getting back. I loveed. it

The first episode just finished for me and was it worth the wait, yes it was seeing the P1, 918 and La Ferrari in action was fantastic especially the timed lap where Clarkson bet his house that the P1 would be the fastest and it was the slowest meaning that Hammond and May get to demolish it. Some silly bits but thats part of the magic that is Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May. On a scale from 1 to 10 a 9 - 9.5 for me.

The house is already demolished... With explosives. If his neighbors weren't a fan of Clarkson, they most certainly aren't now.

This is what it looked like:
107986835_Clarkson_Curdle_Hill_Farmhouse-NEWS-xlarge_trans++UtXlKbYtwFBjdh1u0E5ZjLOjflRvZHtAGruhp1VlwJQ.jpg

After Hammond and May did their thing:
381E1A1700000578-0-image-a-119_1473420965166.jpg

Of course it was all planned. Clarkson demolished it to give room for a new 12000 square feet luxury home:
107986844_Drawing_submitted_to_planners_of_Clarkson-NEWS-large_trans++e8wwRrzHxlOc7ZkfLL2o5Qc0xyvn28lMMwpXfneIng4.jpg

Permissions were given both for the demolishing and the new home.

Anyways, to the show:
I was laughing, in tears, amazed and everything in between. What a wonderful way to start things off. It felt less scripted and forced like the last seasons of Top Gear. It's the boys unfiltered and it was magnificent.
Also, the Porsche-fanboy in me didn't have any issues with the result ;)

I'm watching the first episode now and loving it.

I hope Ben Collins makes a cameo at some point this year.