Votes: 6 6.1%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 1.0%

Votes: 3 3.1%

• Total voters
Hell, I'm just happy to see them again.
Every 10 scripted bits get overshadowed by just one genuine moment.

I agree with whoever already said that they seemed nervous to get it right. It's endearing, in a way.
I agree with all who said The American should be quiet.
I agree with the prolonging of the celebrity bit, the RAF bit.. Just a tad overplayed.
One topic that I haven't seen brought up is the make-up in the tent bits. I think it was very well done. Not too heavy (which, the show now being 'Murican, I feared).

A good measure of Jezza's nervousness and angst is when he starts subtly moving his lips to the other two's script lines. Shows you how many times he goes through it to make sure it's perfect to the point of wanting to deliver it all himself. It's sweet.

Track seems interesing but isnt all that great showcase for the cars performance. ... This track doesnt.

I disagree here. There are two slow corner sections (circled in yellow) and with the dips and bumps along the way this track is perfectly suited for this in my opinion. I mean, it has; a long straight, tight corners, a sweeper (sort of), and some good uneven road surfaces so one would think this is a good track to show how sorted a car is but I just wish it wasn't a bit plain on most of it. Also, they need to sort out the camera positions because it didn't flow as well as I suspect it could. I almost wish they would film some of the lap times with a drone or two.

grand-tour-track-620x349.jpg

I found it overall to be better than the last BBC series with CHM (which had actually been shaping up to be one of the better ones before The Incident). It was an entire universe better than the BBC's rushed-out abortion with that redheaded loudmouth radio pervert that exposed his genitals in company meetings.

As a follow-up to this post: Now that I've seen the first episode of The Grand Tour, it's confirmed that the BBC has been surpassed despite their claims of impossibility. Perhaps it is just as well that they blew up what had become one of their cultural institutions over a rather Marxist policy of 'cutting everyone's catering equally' to meet budget reductions instead of canning crappy shows nobody wanted to watch.

- - - Updated - - -

Judging by how they presented it, I rather suspect they've been reading all the years and years of comments on FG about Americans (and others) simply skipping the SIARPC segment on CHM Top Gear. :D
For me personally, it all just depended on who the "stars" were that week, some I watched, some I skipped, funny thing, being an American, I skipped most of the the American stars :lol:

What if it's awful?
Mustang looks cool
Aww
Amazon doesn't have access to music like BBC
Fuck off with fury road, its shit... wait, is this the 4 million pound, most expensive shot in the world trailer-thing?
Ugh hate montages.
Starting with the trinity is amazing
Blurred windows on the racetrack.
Hi... not hello?
Cool graphics
They covered the MAN logo, I hate when they do that. It's pointless.
Dump the studio segments.
Ugh fuck me, here's the comedy...
Ugh seriously stop this shite, it's not funny.
Dammit James lol
More comedy, fantastic...
Transformers like music
"You're a melon ball" :lol:
You are the producers...

I'll take the Chiron

Where's the poll so I can rate this a 5

I enjoyed that, though it wasn't a classic TG episode. But then I'm biased away from too much high-performance-car stuff.

But there was a few decent laughts (I liked the 94mpg claim for the Porsche. "Who are Porsche owned by these days?" "Volkswagen. Oh right..."). And I think there was a fair bit of necessary introductions in the episode which slowed the pace down, and which shouldn't be in future episodes, so that will help.

Overall, a solid start (helped by a nice helping of Irish rock :) ), and hopefully better things to come.

And I think there was a fair bit of necessary introductions in the episode which slowed the pace down, and which shouldn't be in future episodes, so that will help.
Very watchable compared to the first episode of the re-invented TGUK a few months ago with the shouty-boy in charge. I also assumed that this show was weighed down a little at times with introductions and segments that may, or may not, be in subsequent episodes. Maybe they'll check viewer reactions to the 'talking Stig' and see if anyone was really hoping a celeb survived before contemplating such a segment. I'd rather they didn't bother with either.

Meh.

I really must be the only guy that liked 'The American' bit right? Well that figures.....you bunch of damn pinko communists!

Yes I know it was a yoke....but like all funny things there is a grain of thruth in it.

No, I enjoyed him too. He is funny, hope he has great lines about other cars too.

The only cringe worthy parts involved The American and possibly the Royal Air Force bit. Aside from those, it was utterly brilliant, a definite throwback to the Top Gear of glory days, and it totally allayed my fears of the trio overdoing the show and failing to meet the hype. And there definitely was a mountain of hype leading up to the first episode.

But, yeah, The American. Ben Collins really needs to gain a full-time gig in the show, playing himself, of course. Anyone but The American.

Are you a communist? :mrgreen:

I loved it. A couple of things needed to be different for legal reasons like the news but I don't mind at all, it was funny and it will get even better, I am sure.

8.5/10

Glad to see them back, it was worth the wait.

I propose that we bring back the poll for each episode, just like the good ol' TG days. Scale from 1 to 10, love it or dislike it, express your mind.

For me, this episode is a 9/10. Great to see the trio back in action.

I loved it. A couple of things needed to be different for legal reasons like the news
I'm not sure the BBC could win a case that asserted TGT 'stole' a segment called 'The News'. It's surely too generic with most TV channels having frequent news presentations/news breaks which they'd call 'the News', as in '... and next, the News!' :think:

Fantastic. Would watch again.

Glad they didn't do the SIARPC. I came to watch cars, not hear about some rich person's stories.

Kinda agree with everyone here, didn't like the siarp 'bit', and American Stig should shut up (unless moaning is his thing like weird music was for old Stig), otherwise 9/10. Geniunely baffled the Ferrari TheFerrari was slowest though

Just watched it, it's like a good Top Gear episode. I hope they can keep up the production value. The film of the 3 cars looks gorgeous.

I really liked the episode! 8/10 only because that american driver is horrible.
Eboladrome name is awsome :lol:
Studio part was a bit stiff but it will going better.

Kinda agree with everyone here, didn't like the siarp 'bit', and American Stig should shut up (unless moaning is his thing like weird music was for old Stig), otherwise 9/10. Geniunely baffled the Ferrari TheFerrari was slowest though

Not surprising at all, it has now downforce and the most power, but only puts it on two wheels.