Votes: 29 5.1%

• Total voters

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
The very first episode!

Please stay on topic and be civil with others, even if you disagree with their opinions.

Currently watching it, 10 minutes in.

I came in to this with an open mind, I really, really did.

So far, Zzzz...

You really should wait until it finishes airing before commenting about it.

So far, I feel two things: one, that I'm cheating on the original show, and two, that TG USA should come up with their own ideas.

The way they talk seems a bit artificial, it is shot with a far less "quality" than the UK and in respect, even the Australian versions of the show. I will refrain from commenting on the quality of the story itself till the end and my comment above is from a complete layman. Please take it with a bit of salt.

Also, why is the Cobra on the show instead of the newer version (Apache or something).

Last edited:
One thing I see that they should fix is get cameras that have some kind of vibration dampening. Some chase shots and in-car cams are very shaky.

So far, Awful. Are they serious with that music?

Yeah the cameras are most definitely shakey during high speed scenes. Not filmed as well as original.

I like it, yes the chopper chase is not original but the Viper is sweet, sounds good, etc. Of course it's not super polished, it's their first show. Give it time and it will get better I'm sure.

I think it's starting off at least as good as the latest au episodes, so not a bad start. The track is definitely much better. The camera has been too shaky at times but I'm sure they will work out equipment issues as the series progesses.

Just remember...the first couple of seasons of UK TG were terrible while they tried to settle in.
I'm going to go ahead and give some criticism....deal with it.

One thing that makes UK TG better....no commercials.
When they came back from commercials during the Viper segment, I had this.."They are still doing this??" thought. They really need to try to not break up a segment like that. Ruins the little flow they have to work with.

Camera work needs some improvement. The camera mounted in the viper was shaky, so any shot of Tanner had lots of vibration and was annoying. The Camera in the chase vehicle looked like it had a fish eye lens or something....didn't look right .

Last edited:
I like it, yes the chopper chase is not original but the Viper is sweet, sounds good, etc. Of course it's not super polished, it's their first show. Give it time and it will get better I'm sure.

The problem is that they are aiming this show directly at a group of people that are used to the excellent, high quality British version.

This show needs to be a home run right out of the box to be successful, and so far it is not.

No, he's on the "proper" side of the car.............

But I have to admit I would hope they could have done more with Buzz Aldrin. Overall though, I like it. There were some nice moments in the chase.

The problem is that they are aiming this show directly at a group of people that are used to the excellent, high quality British version.

This show needs to be a home run right out of the box to be successful, and so far it is not.

I disagree, those of us used to the original are the minority here. There simply aren't enough of us to direct a show specifically for us, it would never sell enough add dollars aimed at the enthusiast. They are aiming it at the ignorant masses of America like all TV is aimed at.

They definitely should put the commercials between segments, not in the middle of them. It totally kills any momentum that segment may have. Hopefully the stiffness will go away and they will get some stars with some sort of personality, which is going to be hard in the states.