Votes: 145 25.4%

Votes: 122 21.4%

Votes: 71 12.5%

Votes: 47 8.2%

Votes: 33 5.8%

Votes: 28 4.9%

Votes: 29 5.1%

• Total voters
I know he was on the proper side of the car, it just that I am used to seeing them on the other side.

The problem is that they are aiming this show directly at a group of people that are used to the excellent, high quality British version.

This show needs to be a home run right out of the box to be successful, and so far it is not.

Well put... I also think the show should have been named something different. They're trying to copy the original so much that I'd rather just watch he original. So they should do their own thing and name it something other than Top Gear.

I will say one thing, they do a MUCH better job of letting the sound of the cars come through, original TG just doesn't do that enough for me.

I think that the Adam Ferrara, the Italian one, is working out very well. Loved the Lambo intro with him. Big star in a small car needs work for sure though.

I do like the fact that they had Buzz on the show, that was pretty cool, however they didn't do much with his segment. I am also quite impressed with the Lambo SV, but I just somehow would rather watch Jezza, Hammond or May talk about it. The show overall I wouldn't say is bad, just will take some getting used to.

The poll is now open for voting.

WOW the camera vibrations were terrible during the Lambo race! Overall though, again, not a bad start to the show, we'll see how it progresses as they gain experience.

Tire squeal is badly dubbed.
Faust talks too much, sounds like hes trying to sell Kias. You know you want to buy that car because he can prattle off some useless facts that do not matter without taking a break or changing the tone of his voice from partial suspenseful while faking interest then ending in a big RAISE OF VOICE!
In-car cameras need to be mounted on something other than jello.
How many times are they going to use the phrase "aroused at gunpoint" in one show?
Stop manipulating the speed of the video to "enhance" speeds.
Wood is a poor presenter- annoying voice, corny lines, useless.

It's a good show, some polish is needed in some areas like cameras but overall a good stepping stone!

I do like the fact that they had Buzz on the show, that was pretty cool, however they didn't do much with his segment. I am also quite impressed with the Lambo SV, but I just somehow would rather watch Jezza, Hammond or May talk about it. The show overall I wouldn't say is bad, just will take some getting used to.

Buzz was the first ever interview on the show. Probably the first interview Adam has done in his life, one of the hardest jobs in media. On top of that there were a ton of technical issues in the studio. Nobody could hear a word they said, you probably noticed how dead the crowd seemed during it.

Like the guys said at the taping, nobody is taking the original Top Gear away. This is just more Top Gear.

I saw the contents of the first four episodes and I'll say that the third and fourth are both very well done. The third episode in particular (moonshine running) is very entertaining.

My thoughts:

Viper v Cobra: Ok, nothing too great but kinda cool.
Big Star Small Car: Needs work for sure, too short and choppy.
Lamborghinis: Definitely felt the most genuine. Adam I think does a great job speaking and Tanner narrates the Stig laps well but could use work else where.

Yes, vibrations were bad. But I think the show ended on a good note. I'd say pretty decent for a first episode.

Last edited:
It was pretty stiff for the most part. The shaky camera and just general cinematography needs work. The hosts are also stiff, but with more practice i think it could become more fluid. the lambo scene was far more polished then the viper scene, which bugged me. And not enough messing around with the cars, drifting and spinning and such. needs work but i have hope!

Edit: these reviews also didnt have the complaining about the cars, the little things that jezza and may are always able to point out. It's like these guys didnt have any prior time with the cars, and just rattled off facts like every other car program. i want to know the quirky things of the cars.

Last edited:
It's not bad, no worse than TGAu at least. The Viper segment is boring to us because we've seen it before, but to the rest of the audience it's probably well made. The Lambo segment is good, although they need to tone down the use of the effect filters. It feels like they are changing the color and cutting to a different camera every two seconds, that's really annoying.

It was a decent first attempt, but they still have a long way to go before it can be called a good show. I don't know how much input they got from the BBC cast/crew, but it should've been more. Perhaps Andy should've come over to supervise filming/producing for the first few episodes and to give tips. Their presenting wasn't that great at all either. The SIARPC (Big Star Small Car) segment was pretty terrible in terms of the interview, and the commentary was also lacking substance in all the other segments.

But its also good to remember that Top Gear UK has come a long way since it started back in 2002. I guess it was no better and no worse than Series 1.

Last edited:
I liked it but they gotta work on the camera vibrations!

A bit stiff on opening through the middle, however, toward the end it got better. The lambo segment toward the very end was good enough. The viper vs cobra race didnt really get me, they should've included the pilot commands and better sound track. I gave it a 6 because it has a name called Top Gear.