Votes: 145 25.4%

Votes: 122 21.4%

Votes: 71 12.5%

Votes: 47 8.2%

Votes: 33 5.8%

Votes: 28 4.9%

Votes: 29 5.1%

• Total voters
I enjoyed it. I can see the three growing into their roles and becoming more natural. A solid 6 for me. Rate it against the last season of Top Gear, I would say they're not that different in the entertainment factor. I'm getting tired of the ultra-scripted stunts by the Clarkson May and Hammond.

It's certainly fresh. I think they should feel free to carve more of a new niche for themselves.

They really need to stop reading off the cue cards because it sounds really fake. The only person who sounded natural to me was the one in glasses.

Horrible, horrible, horrible... I couldn't convince myself to finish the episode. The first episode of Top Gear Australia was MUCH better.

It's like as if the American suck at doing car TV Shows for some reasons.

So far....the only serious qualms I've had beyond the usual host chemistry jitters, and the rushed Buzz Aldrin interview are:

1. Music - I know the BBC has great music licensing, and that the RIAA has everyone here by the balls, but the music in the Cobra challenge was so idk...generic and unexciting, it kinda put me off of the whole thing.

2. Mr. Blurry/Shakycam - It's been beat to death already but it needs fixed.

3. The "track map" - Its a good idea so people can get a feel for the track layout but they either need to get rid of it or make it way more transparent on screen.

I also wish that the hosts were idk...a bit more enthusiastic. Adam looked downright bored during the interview/describing Buzz Aldrin's track run.

I gotta give props to History's web player. It isn't crap at all in terms of buffering or video quality. Here's hoping they're keeping metrics about views coming from it. :)

Oh yeah's number score...erm...a 6 - It's a good first episode, considering Season 1 of "new" TGUK was no great shakes either.

Last edited:
Very first episode, still learning how to crawl before you can walk and then run; just reminds me of the very first episode of the UK version (boring as sh*t)
I still have an open mind for futures episodes.
What to improve?

- Just like socorob said " put the commercials between segments, not in the middle of them" and maybe no car commercials.

- Still looks like a reality show script with cars being raced around;

- Show more about the cars, show the gadgets, cool stuff about the car and then race it(Motor week does it better without the racing)

Because it was almost certainly a fake, or worth 1.5 million dollars, both of which would prevent them from using it on a televison show.
An original 427 cobra is around 1/3 of that price and a good replica (like Leno's) would do just fine.
Like a $14 million helicopter is any cheaper.

My issues are basically the same as listed elsewhere,

1) camera work needs improving
2) if your using music to build the mood you need some volume and some time for it to have an effect
3) voice overs sounded flat and uninspired

The good news is I can actually see this working and I see the potential.

As an aside... How is it that once again Canada isn't getting this on our basic cable. After essentially a decade of being a thief I was hoping that I would be able to just watch an episode on TV like a normal person and once again here I find myself downloading away and watching online. Its like living in some third world country.

An original 427 cobra is around 1/3 of that price and a good replica (like Leno's) would do just fine.
Like a $14 million helicopter is any cheaper.

The problem with that is some of the replicas are much better than the originals, with lighter bodies and multilink or independent suspensions... so for a factual comparison it might not have worked, but for entertainment purposes, i would have loved to see that.. thats what i would have guessed they were going to do when i saw the cobra if i didnt already know about the helicopter segment. Hopefully in the future they will do something equally as cool.

I managed to doze off during the show.

It wasn't bad but I think it will take a while for the personalities to come out. IMHO there was almost none of the chemistry from the original; but it is just the first show. Hopefully it will develop into something worthwhile.

And for some irrational reason Tanner Faust bugs me.

I thought it was pretty good. Maybe some of you don't remember the first Top Gear UK episode (or whole first series really) but it wasn't as good as later ones. Hosts felt like they were a little out of it but it was their first time together on the show. I will wait and see what the rest of the season is like. From what they showed at the beginning, it seems to be a mashup of real Top Gear shows redone in America.

Also, did anyone else notice that it opened very similar to the first episode of Top Gear UK? "In the end no one will get a recording contract..."

I was surprised! Much better than I expected it would be. I thought the overall vibe between the hosts was good, the production was good, the humour was natural. Much more promising than the other TGA... the Australian version that is.

I'll be watching again.

Hopefully they replace the annoying fat guy with a James May like they did in the original Top Gear.
May's first appearance was brilliant and he hasn't changed a bit.

I too fealt like I was cheating on the original show. It does need to find its own personality. Which is lacking yet in the cast. They were too stiff.
I will give it time. My vote 6 out of 10. Definately needs improvement.

What a joke of a show.
The only thing worth to watch: Tanner sure can handle that "no aids" Viper. Saw some nice car control and some power drifts. It seemed almost like the Viper is "controllable"...yeah, if you are a super duper rally driver.
Who is the Stig?

4 out of 10 here. Tanner can stay...he can fill the "hampster" role. although he's got to develop his own personality and stop doing what the producers/directors are telling him to do. the rest need to get the boot IMMEDIATELY! Adam Ferrara's interview was freaking HORRIBLE! "oh, you had this car...yea, you had this car next...what about this one you had after that? ...ok, let's see the lap!" ugh...awful. that NASCAR asshat was just out of place completely. they need to hire Bruce MacInnes (racing coach, and teacher from Skip Barber) for "James", and Adam Corolla for Jeremy. he's probably one of the most honest people in the media (see "controversial"), absolutely hilarious, and he's a total car nut, too.

Last edited:
I watched the premier live, and today I'm watching episode 6 of series 15. You want an example of real TG, watch this episode. Especially the first bit about the Ferrari 458.

As an aside... How is it that once again Canada isn't getting this on our basic cable. After essentially a decade of being a thief I was hoping that I would be able to just watch an episode on TV like a normal person and once again here I find myself downloading away and watching online. Its like living in some third world country.

It's available for streaming on History Channel's website, surprisingly.

I think the hosts need to relax and enjoy themselves. They are clearly working too hard, where Jezz, Cap'n Slow and Hamster make it look like they are just hanging out and having fun and the cameras are eavesdropping on them, instead of playing to the cameras.

I think the camera crew needs some help from Top Gear UK regarding the in-car cameras and the vibration and the music was terrible and didn't fit.

However, seeing myself in the audience was cool, so I'll give it a 7 just for that. :) j/k.

The show can only get better from here. You'll see...