[01x01] September 29th, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Satria Neo starts at $14990 according to their site, so it could be it. After all it is reasonably priced.

Cool, SIARPC, should be good.

They HAVE to try and get Eric Bana on, he is mental about cars...

Of course Proton still sell in Australia. They sponsor the Wests Tigers. :rolleyes:

Yep! Saw that interior and knew it was a Proton! :D

SPOILERS AHOY
do we have spoiler tags here? lets try...
Reasonably priced car is a proton satria
Set is pretty much exactly the same as uk top gear. Audience was smaller. apparently 40,000 on the waiting list already...
There is no cool wall. There is a 'what were they thinking' wall.
Steve's voice sounds like frank woodley.
The test track feels much slower than the uk track. Lots of focus on twisty bits, no real high-speed corners. corner names include 'clarkson corner' (lame...), 'the bus stop', can't remember any more. The track looks very... SBS.
01x02 is holden vs ford.
snape kills dumbledore

it was GOOD! I had low expectations and was pleasantly surprised.
Visually, looks just like tguk.
Warren and steve were great, nice guys too.

The WIERDEST thing we noticed was that the theme tune was one tone flatter than normal.

edit: yay it worked.

Last edited:
SPOILERS AHOY
do we have spoiler tags here? lets try...
Reasonably priced car is a proton satria
Set is pretty much exactly the same as uk top gear
There is no cool wall. There is a 'what were they thinking' wall.
Steve's voice sounds like frank woodley.
The test track feels much slower than the uk track. Lots of focus on twisty bits, no real high-speed corners. corner names include 'clarkson corner' (lame...), 'the bus stop', can't remember any more.
snape kills dumbledore

edit: yay it worked.

How do you know that?

Can you please tell us EVERYTHING else you know in regards to TGA?

snape kills dumbledore
How do you know that?

I read the book...
Can you please tell us EVERYTHING else you know in regards to TGA?
i added some stuff in to my first post in an edit. it keeps submitting when i hit enter for a new line, pretty annoying. anything in particular? Don't worry, it's really very good, nothing like 'the car show' or 'drive' :)

What about Charlie?
as the 'boss presenter' (ie the clarkson), he was under a bit more pressure, and did more solo bits than the others too. he had less opportunities to show a personality, both on and off camera. Don't worry, chmistry between the three presenters was good, and will only get better.

TGaus should make it to a second series, it's a bajillion times better than all the other aussie car shows we've had.

what is with "glimpse of the new LP560 Lamborghini Gallardo" so they are gonna show it but not review it?

They HAVE to try and get Eric Bana on, he is mental about cars...

IIRC he crashed an old XB Falcon (his first car?) on a rally in Tasmania, I think he mentioned it when he was interviewed on Jay Leno. Either way he's been in a number of rallies, would make a great SIARPC guest!

good point, and it does looks like eastlink

Yep, Eastlink. Before it opened. Heard something about driving an expensive Benz on it before it opened to the public and never realised it was the Maybach.
Other bits I have heard whispers of are:
* SLK55 AMG Black Series track test (pure car pr0n)
* Audi R8 takes on Big Red (well it is a four-wheel-drivey thing)

So what is it?! Winner gets a cookie :mrgreen:

Proton Savvy? It's a hatch so it's either a Gen.2 or Savvy. Protons have the 3 air-copn dials stacked in the centre of the console.
Hope it's the Savvy. Pissant 1.1-litre engine or something, Lotus underpinnings so slingshots around corners like a go-kart.
It starts at about $12k, so it's reasonably priced ...

Other bits I have heard whispers of are:
* SLK55 AMG Black Series track test (pure car pr0n)
Isn't it the CLK Black? 'Cause thats whats on the TV advert...

Either way - nothing like some AMG goodness :mrgreen:

Julia Zamero revealed on Gold FM (quirk of fate that I was listening) that the segment is called "Star in a bog-standard car". She's sitting a driving test on Saturday because she can't actually drive a manual car.

Status
Not open for further replies.