[01x01] September 29th, 2008

[01x01] September 29th, 2008

• Total voters
Seriously, the test track was hopeless. They need to call up channel 10 (or 7 now I guess) and get someone to show them how to film car racing properly.

honestly we are lucky that channel 10 is not making this programm.

Everyone is comparing to a show filmed 10 years ago.. go back and watch most shows from that time, not many are great. I do really hope the first is the worst and that things get more natural and interesting as the episodes roll on.

You have a valid point there however the comparison between the early TGUK and TGAU is a valid comparison as it shows us that why they might not have been excellent episodes they do show some potential.

They do not have the natural Australian instinct of kicking someone when they're down and they don't have the same negativity that we have.

Go read the comments from previous seasons and see if you believe what you have just typed.
EG
-Top gear has lost its magic.
-It seemed forced.

Since no one has mentioned/noticed it yet, I will point out a bit I found hilarious:

-During the Gallardo studio segment-
Warren: (poking around the cabin) "Hey, I found the fuel filler"
Steve: "Well done.... It's really not that hard is it"

i agree this programm has heaps of potential.

Heaps of potential to be axed. But I think the masses (non-final gear people) will keep it afloat.

Hmm.. i might just record it next time, and fast forward until i get to the bits with Warren in it. Is that weird? haha

Since no one has mentioned/noticed it yet, I will point out a bit I found hilarious:

Warren (poking around the cabin): "Hey, I found the fuel filler"

Another bit that made me :lol: was when Warren pulled up after doing his lap in the Forester, and there was that bit of plastic flapping around underneath ...

Warren (poking around the cabin): "Hey, I found the fuel filler"
There were plenty of funny bits in it :)

Eg; the Hummer jokes. And Steve's Kiwi immitations - gotta love that if your a true Aussie :mrgreen:

Ahaha, just realised what he was talking about. Why not have a low blow at Clarkson.

Heaps of potential to be axed. But I think the masses (non-final gear people) will keep it afloat.

Hmm.. i might just record it next time, and fast forward until i get to the bits with Warren in it. Is that weird? haha

the masses like top gear because they love the three presenters, i don't think they will warm to these guys quite as easily.

Lol I can see warren being the major draw card for TGau :D

Im in the same boat as most people about the show. I think if we give it time it will settle down and not try to be so much like TGUK. They have just started out and I am really hoping that Charlie ans Steve settle down a little too, I think that he is trying a little too hard.

I was at the filming of episode 2 and i think it is going to be much the same as the episode we just saw. I did have a quick chat to Charlie on the sidlines when they were doing a segment without him and he was a really top bloke. If he keeps it simple and acts and talks like he was talking to me I dont think that anyone will have anything to complain about in the future.

Someone mentioned that knowbody was laughing at the jokes. It was pretty hard for us in the filming of Ep 2 as they had to do a multiple takes of a few scenes so we had to hear the same joke over and over again.

I beleive they have already finished filming the entire first season, once they have a look at the finished product and look at the comments on forums like this i reckon they will have a winning formula.

If the TGAU boss dudes are reading this (i reckon there are ppl paid to look at this kind of thing) Just be more natural and its a winner in my book.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Steve's assassination is currently being plotted over at OZVR4 after his blasphemy against the Legnum :)

I give it 3/10, the RAV4 getting air was the highlight for me, the rest was 'meh' and the car vs shark thing was just stupid.

Last edited:

he accidently turns the wipers on...:p

It looks like everyone has their extreme criticism cap on where they expect the very first episode to be directly comparable to TG UK in its 11th season.
And that was always going to happen. It's a HUGE walk up.

I thought a great way to start the show would've been for Charlie to say something like "Right, I know you're all expecting us to cock this up royally, so let's have a go..." It would have set the tone, and echoed what many of us were thinking.

Aside from the presenters, which I'm sure will find their feet, I thought the show would have been technically better. The editing was really sub-standard.

Roll on next Monday. :)

Hah yeah, I enjoyed the subtle references. I've been thinking tho, now I've got TG UK, when TG UK's not on there's Fifth Gear, when Fifth Gear's not on there's TG AU and then when TG AU's not on there's TG USA! A whole lotta fun the whole year round? (someone please quote that and make me feel special!)

well none of us have completely written the show off. I mean, its the best aussie car show so far, and alot of our main criticisms can easily be fixed, so i hope they are reading this.

I liked it, but then again I really enjoyed the Paris Bejing Rally Doco that Warren did, he's the pick of the presenters IMHO.

The sharkfood thing was funny, stupid but funny, the 911 segment was lame, the softroader thing was patchy but showed promise, the footage of the track could be better, the maybach bit was too short, liked the "what were they thinking" board.

Not looking forward to the falcadore vs commocon rubbish next week, unless they show how much taxpayers pay to keep the yank companies here, but I'll give it a go.

Cheers,
Iain