[01x02] March 1st, 2009

[01x02] March 1st, 2009

• Total voters
I want a subbed 1x02! I have to say I found the first to be funny. Not as well produced as the english ones of course - they have yeeeears of experience. but about as good as the first aussie ones.

Fun to see Russia is the only of those three who mock their own car industry. ;)

mock.. uk mock their shitty rovers etc. but russia did trashtalk everything.

Big thanks to the seeders. That has had to be the fastest download of a file that size, I have ever experienced.

Just watched the subtitled version (thnx so much for that).
It was a definite improvement over the first episode.
The review of the Aston and Prosche were pretty good.
The cheap car challenge was good, but it was clearly a copy of the original cheap car challenge. Fuel economy, braking test, and even the smashing into the graffitied walls.

Just watched the subtitled version (thnx so much for that).
It was a definite improvement over the first episode.
The review of the Aston and Prosche were pretty good.
The cheap car challenge was good, but it was clearly a copy of the original cheap car challenge. Fuel economy, braking test, and even the smashing into the graffitied walls.

Well, we'll be seing more copies. After all the original has covered almost any conceivable idea by now, so they won't have much chance to come up with a really original idea. They made a good job of it though. Their version was well on par with the TG UK crap car challenge of series 04.
Wasn't a straight copy though - they incorporated the hill braking test from the Leyland crap cars challenge :lol:

They've got the Top Gear spirit for sure. But, the studio elements are quite cringeworthy, although I must say TGA needs a Cool Wall or something along that line to replace the WWTT board. Anyway, the first decent review was quite basic and was just good. I must say they need to explore the car more in depth. And how the hell is the Vantage slower than two Porsches? One of which made in the 80s?
The challenge was passe, but it showed the chemistry between the hosts and that's what we like to see.

For me, I gave it a 6. I don't know how much longer I can cope with TGR, but i'll prevail.

Better than the first episode, even midldy entertaining in certain moments.

When I saw the cool-wall bit I was sort of expecting JC to come in with some random power-tool to smash the whole thing to bits.

Well I guess that's just how things go on the Russian version. But who cares - it still provides some entertainment while waiting for the real deal to resume.

Just Noticed that Formenko was wearing the same Audi jacket as my old Formula student team.

When I saw the cool-wall bit I was sort of expecting JC to come in with some random power-tool to smash the whole thing to bits.

Well I guess that's just how things go on the Russian version. But who cares - it still provides some entertainment while waiting for the real deal to resume.

It might get me killed but I like the russian cool wall better than the original one. In the original, it's just Jeremy putting the cars where he wants. Hammond, May and the audiance are irrelevant, it's just a tool for the balding one to bath in his own greatness ( well in his mind this is )
The russian presenters interacted with the audience and took input from them, so it reflects the opinion of a broader variety of people rather than just the utterly irrelevant point of a legend in his own mind.

It might get me killed but I like the russian cool wall better than the original one.
Mind you, understanding the language (even slightly) makes you realize how contrived and utterly scripted it is. Also, some of the phrases might be vaguely translated as chavvishly vulgar as "Oi, check 'dis ride, its wicked innit!". What. The. Fuck. Tim Westwood would look pretty much at home with our chaps there :p

How did you like the "Ein, zwei, drei" by the way? :lol: