[01x02] October 6th, 2008

[01x02] October 6th, 2008

• Total voters
Some great action this week, but more importantly we're already seeing some of the rough edges come off. The pace was much better - the right mix & amount of pieces for the time they have. Even though it's only Ep 2, the presenters are starting to relax a bit too. All good progress.

How can you not love the GT? You shouldn't be able to get a car film wrong with something that looks & sounds like that - and the boys didn't, good piece.

The conclusion of the HSV v FPV was spot on - both brilliant cars, unbeatable for the money. We need to get over the ridiculous cringe factor some people have for these cars.

I really don't want to know what shape those utes (and the Proton...) were in after that challenge - take note of the rego's and look for them on carsales methinks. Fun challenge though - and seeing Stiggie in the truck was gold.

Good, good episode. A sign of things to come.

The noise of the GT <3

That was so, so much better than the first ep. Very entertaining (even though the hearse thing could have been a bit better).

An 8 from me

Better then last week, not as rushed i just wish Cox stopped waving his arms about so much!

Liked all the segments and it was funny to see the STIG pay respect to his fallen mate. Footage of the track was improved but they still didn't introduce the track properly.

Would have liked to see the HSV and FPV go around the track, but that is something that also plagues TG UK, alot of the cars they don't test around the track which i find weird.

Can't wait for next!!

What an improvement over last week, less segments but they had more of a point and went for longer. Nice work. I am really looking forward to next weeks episode.

I am getting more used to the track but it would still be nice to have it all explained. I gave it a 9/10.

Really good episode. Better than last week and can't wait for next week.

They did good conclusions to both the GT and the Ford/Holden reviews and the challenges were very entertaining and the Ute one was quite relevant when you think about it. The Smart Car Challenge-lol. They look ridiculous but that doesn't matter. Charlie Cox still needs to relax and be more calm rather than be loud and outspoken. Other than that, a great episode tonight. Really enjoyed it.

I gave a 6/10 last week. I'll give this one a 7/10....but only just.

It was better but mainly because I didn't cringe once, unlike the first episode where I did so many times. So that was a positive.

Everything was very well done. The filming, music and presenting was all worth a 7/10. The presenters all seemed much more comfortable with each other and everything around them, and Charlie was bearable.

I think the Ford GT was privately owned because he didn't seem to trash it about. The only time he did - he spun :p

I liked the Ford v Holden battle. Good mix of hooliganism, humour and something informative.

The guest was much better this week. It was a mistake to make Vince their first guest, he was such a tosser.

So all in all - a nice improvement and lots of positives to be taken away from it. Its just a bit dry, lacking the humour and lacking the outright entertainment factor we'd expect from Top Gear. But that'll come in time, I hope.

I thought that was quite good, a solid 7 or 8

Already it seems TGA is starting to innovate a bit with segments and this is a good sign, also though it wasen't terribly obvious perhaps the refinement of the presenting style has already begun, certainly a worthy improvement for a 2nd episode. Well done Charlie, Steve and Warren and all of the other crew involved.

Longtime fan of Top Gear. I love the service you guys are providing.

Anyway, I think that they're getting better! It doesn't have the "no ending" problem of the first episode. However, they still fail at making things look fast.

But overall, they're catching onto the Top Gear formula.

Some great action this week, but more importantly we're already seeing some of the rough edges come off. The pace was much better - the right mix & amount of pieces for the time they have. Even though it's only Ep 2, the presenters are starting to relax a bit too. All good progress.

How can you not love the GT? You shouldn't be able to get a car film wrong with something that looks & sounds like that - and the boys didn't, good piece.

The conclusion of the HSV v FPV was spot on - both brilliant cars, unbeatable for the money. We need to get over the ridiculous cringe factor some people have for these cars.

I really don't want to know what shape those utes (and the Proton...) were in after that challenge - take note of the rego's and look for them on carsales methinks. Fun challenge though - and seeing Stiggie in the truck was gold.

Good, good episode. A sign of things to come.

+1 Overall, is was a much better episode than last week. Oh, and Stig in the dump truck... :lmao:

I agree with Glopaticki that Cox and the rest should stop waving their hands about so much. Otherwise, a great example of the lunacy and fooling around Top Gear is renowned for.

I liked it, as most have already said it was a great improvement and it's only going to get better.

Can't believe how much damage they did to the Utes! Hope they are going to pay for it otherwise I doubt manufacturers are going to keep giving them cars.

I believe the Ford GT is owned by the Supercar Club group.

Longtime fan of Top Gear. I love the service you guys are providing.

Anyway, I think that they're getting better! It doesn't have the "no ending" problem of the first episode. However, they still fail at making things look fast.

But overall, they're catching onto the Top Gear formula.

I agree... they're definitely catching on. It's gonna be good if they keep improving at this rate :D.

Definitely much better than last week's episode, and quite good in general. I'm looking forward to the rest of the season!

Can't believe how much damage they did to the Utes! Hope they are going to pay for it otherwise I doubt manufacturers are going to keep giving them cars.

And the Rav4 last week... Glad I'm not their insurer

I missed the first few minutes then I had a poor TV, I watched the GT segment and it was a meh, wow car 001.
Ford V Holden - I loved the braking one where he said he won because he had gone further.
Steve Bisley - Meh
Quarry thing - That was alright, but that Proton Jumback is just a load of shit. Loved the part with the cheating and the guy was cheating behind him
Hearse - WTF?!

An 8 from me.

Alot better than Ep1. Still want to throw something at the tele everytime i hear Cox's voice but overall a solid improvement. Hopefully keeps going on the up.