[01x02] October 6th, 2008

[01x02] October 6th, 2008

• Total voters
Stories? What Stories?

Stories? What Stories?

It looks good, but without substance and stories it won't last.

Are you being Einstein again VoVo? A TV show with stories. Pah! It'll never catch on.

Maybe you should run a TV show? Actually... you're probably too smart to do that :rolleyes:

Much better! Starting to get there! Films are better and funnier

Are you being Einstein again VoVo? A TV show with stories. Pah! It'll never catch on.

Maybe you should run a TV show? Actually... you're probably too smart to do that :rolleyes:

Hehe. Run? I couldn't run a chook raffle.

:)

The GT segment and the Holden Ford segment lacked specs about the cars. Granted TGUK doesn't give as much as say Fifth Gear but iirc the only performance spec that was said about the GT was that it had 800 hp. It would be nice to at least hear in some 0-60 times and other data like that.

On another note I found the pick-up segment genuinely entertaining. Over all it episode was better.

Sometimes its sucks watching these shows since they will use words that are unique to the UK or Australia and I don't know what they mean so in turn I don't understand the joke or the metaphor. Example; them calling the pick-ups... whatever they called them...

It's not a bad show. If they keep this up I can see it as a Fifth Gear substitute during FG's break.

The GT40 review, that's pretty good. One question though, the AUDM GT40 has 850hp? Damn.

Falcon vs Monaro, that was cool. Just like a Tiff vs Jason dogfight. I would've preferred if they would've picked a car though. But I guess they don't want to alienate some of their audience so early on.

The ute test. That Falcon Ute looks so cool. Ford should really bring that over. Stuff a Mustang GT engine in it.

The Smart hearse was pointless though, but they are just starting to do these funny bits, so it'll probably take them a few try to get it right.

Overall I give it an 8.

The ute test. That Falcon Ute looks so cool. Ford should really bring that over. Stuff a Mustang GT engine in it.

when Ford Aus's v8 and turbo 6 both make over 410hp, why would you bother :lol:

Sometimes its sucks watching these shows since they will use words that are unique to the UK or Australia and I don't know what they mean so in turn I don't understand the joke or the metaphor. Example; them calling the pick-ups... whatever they called them...

They're called utes here (short for utility).

"Seppo" is the term you really won't like - it's a rhyming slang term for an American.;)

The Ford v Holden segment could have been much longer, they are probably the two most important cars they will test this season, and it felt like they skimmed over it. I would have liked a conclusion too, even if it wasn't the brand i wanted. I think they were too worried about infuriating the masses.

Agreed. They still didn't provide any useful information on any of the cars whatsoever. All they are interested in is going sideways around every corner (which isn't a bad thing, but it get's tiring). The only specs we got on the GT was that it was 800hp or whatever, and it costs alot of money...really??? I'd have never guessed! Thankyou TGA! How awesome was it popping flames though!

Same goes with the H v F comparison. Just footage of drifting and a drag race where steve had the reaction time of a sloth on pot. Not once in the whole program did they talk about any facts, figures, features, or history of the cars...Isn't that the point of a car show? They can't even come up with difinitive conclusions either. That's what I love about TG UK, they stick to their guns and are always arguing their points of view. There is always a winner and a loser.

How about last week when they destroyed that xtrail in the dunes? They are a bunch of clowns. What the hell was the point of the gold mine segment? I don't think they even know...And the smart car hearse was a waste of 5mins of my life, though I did piss myself at the hats they were wearing :D

The test track is a joke, there was no preview of the track, there is no sense of speed, they use water barriers for corners!, and use 1 camera to film nearly all the track! Get your act together!

Warren is the best host by a country mile, Charlie - keep away from satan's lettuce, Steve - take a bloody chill pill! They are trying too hard to be funny and it's not working at all. Pull your head in and produce some decent quality motoring journalism and fart around for a little bit, not the other way round.

Looking forward to the CLK Black next week, though I can tell you right now that all they are going to do is say that it's quick, and burn up the tyres for half an hour.

Last edited:
I think it is better then the first, still needs work though.

Cox needs to stop narrating the entire show. When they are doing a segment together, I want to hear from the other hosts as well, not just Cox. I also do not like how he will talk about all 3 cars, each host should review what they are driving in the segment. This brings up another point, they never talk about the cars they are in. I enjoy on top gear UK when they brag about how they have the edge on the others because of this or that feature. Or their car is just as good, but half the price.

Falcon vs Monaro, that was cool. Just like a Tiff vs Jason dogfight. I would've preferred if they would've picked a car though. But I guess they don't want to alienate some of their audience so early on.

I understand why they didn't pick a winner. The whole sort of Holden vs. Ford rivarly is really complicated. They're both really good cars with their strong and low points.

Although while the show isn't quite as critical as I like with UK TG, it's starting to get there. I have conifidence in this! They just need to work a bit more with conclusions and a bit more specs about the cars.

150% better that the first episode, which is what I would at least hoped for. They seemed to bounce of each other better. Great to see the Holden v Ford segment but I would like them to do one on base models not just the high performance vehicles. Loved the challenge and lol with the Smart Car. A little more improvement and they will be on a winner.

Much better this week, gave it a 6 last week and a 7 this week....I was gonna give it a 8, but then the "smart hearse" lost me...although it was funny the stig made a cameo.

I think they should do what TG UK did when they first filmed the bits around their track, have a little track map/progress bar overlay on screen much like a video game so we know what's going on.

It could have gotten higher, but the hease segment was so meaningless. I didn't get it at all. Overall, I think it deserves an 8/10. The fact that everything is coming together now in the second episode shows the amount of potential of this show. Credits to the TGAu team for all their fabulous work.

Getting better. It has big shoes to fill.
I think the track needs to be introduced and maybe have an overhead camera from a chopper. It's hard to get a feel of the layout. The camera work gives nothing in the way of feel.
They should have put the F6 and the Clubsport around the track for sure.

With flame-proof pants firmly buckled up...

I'm pretty sure the "ute" preceded the "pick-up". So.... it's y'all with the unique name for the ve-hicle.

*runs*

:)

(Yes, I did see you were in BC but I couldn't help myself. ;) )
(Seems Utes and Pickups are actually regarded as two totally separate styles, so there ya go.)

Last edited:
"Seppo" is the term you really won't like - it's a rhyming slang term for an American.;)

Is that just a Sydney thing??? I've never heard of that one... (even when I lived in Sydney...)

Edit: Never mind,,, just figured it out!

Last edited: