Votes: 45 19.6%

Votes: 13 5.7%

Votes: 7 3.0%

Votes: 6 2.6%

Votes: 5 2.2%

Votes: 1 0.4%

Votes: 3 1.3%

• Total voters
I dont know who Rutledge is, but he seemed very awkward in telling jokes. And Tanner just looks and sounds like he hasnt hit puberty yet; i have a hard time listening to him for any duration of time. Ferrara isn't much better; love his stand-up though. This episode was by far the best one yet. Hopefully producers keep the entertainment value up, and add some education along with it. And, please, less flashy special effects. The Mitsu. bit in ep. 2 seemed like it was designed to induce seizures.

anyone noticed wood started making insulting jokes, like the tiger wood one lol, way to go! this is the way Top Gear should be!

Yea that was good, his delivery could use some work. The shock from the audience was nice.

It's getting better. I think I agree with a few people on here who have said ditch BSSC for news. After 3 episodes its clear to me that the biggest problem is the segment and not who's being featured.

That being said, I honestly think this show is just a step or two below the UK version, which for 3 episodes is amazing. The chemistry is obviously not up to that level but thats something that for obvious reasons take time. Most importantly though the look and feel is there. I find myself watching this show on repeats now and then when browsing through the channels.

AMEN, there should NOT be a pro racing driver on the show, it defeats the point of the whole thing an it doesnt help that he is so bland.

Yeah it really takes away the average guys feeling.

Last edited:
I gave it a 9, mostly because I loved the moonshine film, but also because they're starting to come out of their shells. I'm leaving room for improvement because 1)Adam needs to go, 2)they need to run into each others cars, and 3)BSSC needs to go in favor of the news - at least in its current interview based format.

7/10

I laughed at some of the moonshine challenge. Adam in the Caddy going offroad for sure, but the hosts still aren't natural. Every line, every joke, every bit of exposition feels forced coming from their mouths. Once they figure out how to relax, and get into the groove this should be a very good sister show to Top Gear UK.

I was looking forward to the BSSC segment, but it just isn't working. I don't even like the track. It doesn't feel as fast or dangerous as the simple TG track. I doubt we would see Tom Cruise crossing the line on two wheels here. But at least they aren't shooting streamers and ping pong balls at the car *cough* Leno *cough*.

News was nice to see. They need to figure out who is the main host. Right now, they all are getting equal billing, but someone needs to step up and take charge. Be the all knowing and opinionated one that the other two can feed off of.

And Rutledge, people think you are fat because you have a big round head with a beard. Shave the beard and no one would say a thing.

Gave it an 8, great overall show, just not perfect. The pacing is much better, chemistry is still good. BSSC could be done away with, though.

Next season, I hope they get cameras with anti-shake technology though. It was rough watching some of the moonshine segments.

I haven't watched it yet, but just noticed how the rating for each ep is going up consistently. I'm sure, that by season 3 it will be as super as the original and just as different. American viewers just have to watch it from time to time, so it doesn't get canceled.

I normally record these episodes and I haven't found a show yet that I didn't have to fast forward through. Sorry my favorite part of the show is to see an exotic car abused and whats the best time they can get out of it. I was pissed when they didn't drive the mustang. I think tanner ought to go back to Battle of the Supercars.

I haven't watched it yet, but just noticed how the rating for each ep is going up consistently. I'm sure, that by season 3 it will be as super as the original and just as different. American viewers just have to watch it from time to time, so it doesn't get canceled.

i too think it can be just as good as the original if given time.

by the way, great avatar. love that movie

I loved the new Buick Slogans:

"Buick: How's yer hip?"

yes! lmao

you have to watch the whole show, your missing good stuff!

one more thing to point out, did anyone else think its wierd how they keep showing the crowd reactions? i dont like it

I will not compare this show to the original Top Gear.

*sigh* And it still sucks.

Looks like the producers sent the 3 white-bread dolts out into the woods for some "bonding" and Tanner came away with one of Rutwood's plaid shirts...? Yeah, that's epic, right there. TV's newest bromance.

Re-scoring "Born on the Bayou" instead of just using the CCR original? Lame. Save your pennies elsewhere, producer-folk.

The more I watch TGUS, the more I keep trying to like it... and the more I'm let down. Each episode seems to have just the slightest bit of suck scraped off than the week prior, but it's like saying "hey, she had one less genital wart than she did last week."

We all know WHY it sucks. History has a potential hit on its hands, *if* they're willing to make the changes they need. Let's not hold our collective breath, there.

So, I will not compare this show to the original Top Gear. But I'll be damn glad when the original comes back. I don't know how much longer any of us can go on pretending that this one is any good.

It was a pretty good episode. Couple things I noticed:

1) Did anyone else notice that the first time they did an in-car shot with Adam Ferrera in his Coupe De Ville that the ignition was off and the car was in park, yet he was moving??? WTF!

2) The news segment was good! More news! Less (big) star, small car. Who the hell was that guy anyway? I've never heard of his show. Seriously, History. You have 44 minutes to make a show. 4 minutes guest segments are not the way to go!

3) The cheap car challenge was good. It had some good, funny moments, and it felt very American, which is what the show needs to feel like. The scoreboard at the end felt totally tacked on though. Seriously, if you going to keep score, have real points.

8/10. Looking forward to next week.

Last edited:
Loved it. 9/10

Rutledge still seems a little dopey, but Ferrara's interview skills are improving, and Foust has relaxed some and picked up a bit of a Jamie Bamber vibe. The studio interactions still seem a little forced, like they're having a little trouble remembering the script, but they're getting much better.

the hosts still aren't natural. Every line, every joke, every bit of exposition feels forced coming from their mouths. Once they figure out how to relax, and get into the groove this should be a very good sister show to Top Gear UK.

I agree. They have improved, without question, but it's still very awkward. I think it was most evident at the beginning when they set up the segment. They were clearly looking at each other, pausing, and waiting for their cue.

Nevertheless I still like this show.

Is there not a DL link on te internet somewhere for this episode yet??? They're normally up like 30 mins after each episode...

:lol:

I'm laughing more at the number of votes higher than a "6" rather than the actual show. 9's? A few 10's? Really? :blink:

I'm sorry, but I'm trying my best to watch the show but it just doesn't entertain me. I watch for 5 minutes and then find myself browsing the net on my laptop. It is a combination of what others have mentioned....the lack of chemistry, the total failure of the SIARPC, and the fact they don't seem to test many cars out on their track. Overall, it just seems fake, forced, and not much fun (sorry, I thought the 'spit on the fire' bit was corny).

I will say this......I think if I had never seen the original TG before this series it may keep me interested for more than 5 minutes....so maybe it is just unfair to TG USA that I've seen what they are trying to imitate? Yeah I think that has been mentioned before too.....

I'll keep watching....maybe I'll come around or maybe it will get better. I'd rate it a 5 if it were on the same scale as TGUK, but an 7 compared to the other two TGUSA episodes :cool:

:lol:

I'm laughing more at the number of votes higher than a "6" rather than the actual show. 9's? A few 10's? Really? :blink:

I'm sorry, but I'm trying my best to watch the show but it just doesn't entertain me. I watch for 5 minutes and then find myself browsing the net on my laptop. It is a combination of what others have mentioned....the lack of chemistry, the total failure of the SIARPC, and the fact they don't seem to test many cars out on their track. Overall, it just seems fake, forced, and not much fun (sorry, I thought the 'spit on the fire' bit was corny).

I will say this......I think if I had never seen the original TG before this series it may keep me interested for more than 5 minutes....so maybe it is just unfair to TG USA that I've seen what they are trying to imitate? Yeah I think that has been mentioned before too.....

I'll keep watching....maybe I'll come around or maybe it will get better. I'd rate it a 5 if it were on the same scale as TGUK, but an 7 compared to the other two TGUSA episodes :cool:

watch it for what it is, not what you think they are trying to be and then you may understand the 9's and 10's as i say all the time, they arent trying to "imitate" anyone, they are just trying a good idea here in the US

It was a pretty good episode. Couple things I noticed:

1) Did anyone else notice that the first time they did an in-car shot with Adam Ferrera in his Coupe De Ville that the ignition was off and the car was in park, yet he was moving??? WTF!

2) The news segment was good! More news! Less (big) star, small car. Who the hell was that guy anyway? I've never heard of his show. Seriously, History. You have 44 minutes to make a show. 4 minutes guest segments are not the way to go!

3) The cheap car challenge was good. It had some good, funny moments, and it felt very American, which is what the show needs to feel like. The scoreboard at the end felt totally tacked on though. Seriously, if you going to keep score, have real points.

8/10. Looking forward to next week.

I was going to mention that as well with the Caddy. Its around the 5:55 mark, the shifter is clearly in park and the ignition is off! It has become a running joke with my father and I whenever we see similar goofs in hollywood movies, so naturally we died laughing.

I have to say, their antics are improving. Foust is clearly the best presenter of the three, in my mind. Rutledge Wood just seems like a Homer Simpson they injected in to make it feel more "American". I wish the show was less scripted, but hey. They'll learn.

Theory: They probably needed to retape some of the in-car banter, but Adam had already jumped and killed the Caddy so it was riding on the rollback. I think in the shot at 5:55 you can see the cracks in the windshield, too.