Votes: 45 19.6%

Votes: 13 5.7%

Votes: 7 3.0%

Votes: 6 2.6%

Votes: 5 2.2%

Votes: 1 0.4%

Votes: 3 1.3%

• Total voters
I don't want to say this. His charisma is starting to show, and he's getting better now that Speed isn't writing his lines, but as a professional driver, Tanner has no place on this show. Just knock him over the head so that he loses his driving skills but not his personality. Other than that, I'm cool with the host line-up.

If you step out of the fanboy shoes (yes, I have a pair), this ep was good TV. I'm happy to see the news segment, I think it should be a regular bit. BSSC needs work, but the possibilities are there.

And as a side note, I have to reference Sik Pony. Nobody has as many comments on TGUSA as I've seen from you. Yet you've done it without being completely ridiculous (or a complete tool). You manage to remain not only coherent, but realistic. I'm trying really hard to insult you for that, but I can't.

Last edited:
Really enjoyed this one. The Big Star segment still feels very rushed, but the news segment was good. The challenge was great. Up there with the UK ones for sure. Loved the off-road course. :)

This was a very good episode. I've been less happy with some UK episodes, thats how good it was. This show has a bright future. :)

This was pretty decent. As some people mentioned, some stuff seemed to still be visibly "forced" (eg. Buick jokes during the news-Adam's joke came out sounding the most natural, Rutledge's not so much...) but overall not bad. I feel like the camping trip really opened them up more in terms of interacting with each other which is a major plus. Tanner also looked to be way more relaxed and casual during the trip, which is good because he's always come across as a bit "stiff" in the other episodes.

I'm not worried about the continuity errors, (Adam's shot in the Caddy while it was in Park) it's early and I didn't notice. I do think that the ending was a bit over-dramatic, and I'd save that overarching deep with meaning stuff for a bigger/more significant challenge.

I think Rutledge is doing better as well, he did great last episode and is quickly becoming my favorite.

The news was ok, although the audience was kinda "out of it" the entire time it seems...not particularly high energy...then again "new" TGUK's season one audience was downright spartan and even more lacking so I can't fault them for that. Adam redeemed himself during the SIARPC/BSSC segment, managing to deliver a much better interview than his first. Alternating these would be a great way to shake things up between episodes.

I'd have to give this an 8. Certainly not a 9 or 10 but a solid 8, because they improved so much so fast. Good work! :)

Last edited:
I know a lot of people are saying ditch the BSSC segment in favor of the news, but I'm not so sure.

I myself much prefer the news segment on TGUK to most of the SIARPC stuff, but going back and watching the re-runs, some of them have been absolute gems. The second time Gambon was on is a classic.

I know a lot of it has to do with the fact that as an American, I don't know a lot of them, but I am learning!

With TGUSA having to do commercials, not sure what I'd really want them to cut out for a proper news segment. Maybe alternate them? One episode do a proper news, then the next do the BSSC?

Just a thought?

My response to that is you only have 44 minutes of show time. You don't have time for news, a guest, and segments. Devoting 4 minutes to an interview just to have one is wrong. If they had the 60 minutes the BBC has i'd be all for it. I mean, look at TG Australia. Their intereviews are a bit longer but still pale in comparison to Jeremy interviewing anybody, because Jeremy has more time to ask questions to the guest can develop a repore with you as a viewer. If they want to make the show 90 minutes so they can devote 10 minuntes to an interview. awesome. Otherwise, it's not enough time and the news makes more sense in a time crunch. Also, hopping back and forth between one and the other isn't good. The show needs continuity at this early stage, not do everything it can to copy TG UK.

Last edited:
Neesan 300 Zee X
I loved the Caddy, but he never wore a seatbelt.
Tanner is either a 14 year old boy or a lesbian.

I liked the episode.

Thier best show yet!

I think it's funny that people say they aren't liking Tanner - for me it's Adam (maybe it's a Jersey thing???).

It could be a running joke on the show that Tanner always gets the worst cars, yet his driving skills make up for it.

I also think it's weird the Mustang didn't take to the track - maybe they ran out of time, but in that case drop the star segment!

I also think it's weird the Mustang didn't take to the track - maybe they ran out of time, but in that case drop the star segment!

Covered that already:

As to the Mustang not being driven, it was an early pre-production example that Ford only sent by to get screen time, and match teh later official unveilings (since it was filmed way in advance of screening). THat one really wasn't ready for prime time.

For a while I sort of felt like I was actually watching Top Gear. This was a big improvement over the first two episodes. The dirt track segment was absolutely hilarious; it's the most I've laughed at Top Gear since the Reliant Robin epic journey.

That said there is still lots of room for improvement. The thing that bugs me the most is that the hosts just don't seem all that passionate about what they're doing. With British Top Gear it seems like the hosts are making up their opinions about the cars as they go along. Here it's like they're reading off a cue card in the car. That makes it feel like they're trying to sell the Salad King Magic Shredder on in infomercial rather than give real Top Gear reviews. I feel like I should be calling in the next ten minutes to get the Easy Cheesy Super Grater at no additional cost. The hosts just don't seem sincere.

But credit where it's due, the show is rapidly improving. The first few seasons of "new" British Top Gear weren't really all that great. This one gets a 7.

Huge improvement over the first two episodes. It will only get better and better and the hosts have more time to spend with each other. I loved it when they stole the Caddy's hood ornament. The off road course what hilarious. Hopefully their rate of improvement continues.