[01x03] October 13th, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitehornmatt

The website description should be enough:
Whose car is the best? Fastest? Coolest? Strongest? Well there's only one way to settle this - a Top Gear Australia challenge. The lads and their precious motoring masterpieces assemble at Oran Park for a race showdown. By the end of the day - a star will be born, and egos bruised.

Then the world's first Sports Activity Coup?, the revolutionary BMW X6 Coup? 4WD, is put through its paces. Is it a visionary triumph or an impressive blunder? Warren takes a drive to find out.

Steve Pizzati reviews the F1-inspired Mercedes CLK 63 AMG Black Series coupe and SBS's own delightfully hilarious hostess, Julia Zemiro (RocKwiz), is the "Celebrity in a Bog Standard Car".

It will be good to see full reviews from Warren and Pizzati, rather than Cox doing them all.

Last edited:
Hmmm ... I wonder if the X6 review will lead into "What Were They Thinking?"?

Zamero was doing her drive today (tue). CLK Black is reviewed on Eastlink in Melbourne's east, same place as Wallace's Maybach was shot, before it opened to traffic. Hope they really open the taps on it.
Other bits I've heard of, don't know what ep, include running the W427 on Holden's Lang Lang speed ring.
hoping they test that myth of the Holden engineer that fell asleep on the 200kmh bank while endurance testing a car. legend has it you can set cruise control and let the bank steer the car.

There's also meant to be the cheap car challenge from the looks of the "Next ep" video.

I wonder if they have to go to a wrecker, buy a shell and build their own car and then go somewhere for a series of challenges?

I wonder if they have to go to a wrecker, buy a shell and build their own car and then go somewhere for a series of challenges?

That'd be great to see...something a bit different to TGUK.
Promising concept too..

Hopefully the series gets better with each episode...has so far (imo).

Hmmm ... I wonder if the X6 review will lead into "What Were They Thinking?"?

definitely a terrible looking thing. i think its an utterly useless model in the bmw lineup

I was at the filming for this episode yesterday. If anyone has any questions - feel free to shoot :)

sanbar said:
running the W427 on Holden's Lang Lang speed ring.
hoping they test that myth of the Holden engineer that fell asleep on the 200kmh bank while endurance testing a car. legend has it you can set cruise control and let the bank steer the car.

That's going to be in 1x04. Was at the taping tonight. :) (but that's a story for another thread ...)

The only 'myth' part of it would the speed - not sure what the hands-off speed would be in the top lane at Lang Lang, but 200km/h doesn't seem far off the truth. I can though tell you though that 160km/h on that bowl feels slow.

Below is my mark out of 10 for it:

Ep1 - 6/10
Ep2 - 7/10
Ep3 - 6/10
I put it in spoiler tags because some people might not want to be influenced by anything other than an episode synopsis.

Status
Not open for further replies.