Votes: 19 15.7%

Votes: 16 13.2%

Votes: 7 5.8%

Votes: 4 3.3%

Votes: 1 0.8%

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

thejaredhuang

Didn't see a thread posted yet. What did you think?

Thought it was the best one so far, actually LOL'd for the first time since Series 22.

Just get rid of the celeb thing already

I'm not a vegetarian or have any semblance of PETA activism but I thought Jeremy's car was disturbing at times. It was only funny to see the dogs take it apart but I was pretty grossed out by it, especially the maggots and the meat turning gray.

I'm an American and I think their American is annoying, at least they're giving him less lines now.

Last edited:
Definitely not an episode the BBC would have greenlighted...

I don't know what I'm more sad about - the loss of time that I could've spent much better, or the pointless destruction of that beautiful E39. This wasn't a good episode.

The eco-car segment was a pointlessly long way to deliver a punchline. Many people disliked the Jordan segment in Episode 2, wait until they see this. Most of the jokes were insultingly obvious. I've often said that there is nothing wrong with having a scripted show if they are confident in the delivery and they don't try to hide it, but this was painfully acted and Top Gear Comedy? is getting old. Also, at points pointlessly gross and disgusting.

I am a BMW fan and I know that Jeremy is too, but if you are going to rag on a car that harshly, please explain more thoroughly why, not just say that it's awful. The drive is "horrid" - please tell how? Is it understeering? Oversteering? Is the response too sluggish? Again, the review felt like a long setup for a punchline.

At least the conversation street was excellent. Loved seeing them take a stab at SJW nonsense :D

I actually gave 6 in the poll, but after reading this comment I am more leaning towards 5. OK, whatever. It feels like that Grand Tour episodes are like Windows versions - every other episode is rubbish, and this one was especially bad.

P.S. The American was excellent! "British Motor Works" and "Turbochargers are the God's way of telling you it ain't got enough cylinders." :lol::lol:

Last edited:
I think they need to shorten the main segment a bit, it seemed to drag on this week, a third would break the show up a bit,

the eco-car bit was starting to bore me after a while, the 911 vs m3 bit was good and the american is getting a bit better to watch, it would of been good to see the 911 lap.

also they need something interesting in the tent, the brain crash is getting boring now and conversation street never seems as interesting as "the news" used to be

saying that, its only week 4 and it should find its feet more as it goes along

Already this is starting to look a bit thin on ideas. The most enjoyable part of this episode was Jimmy Carr on a jet ski, before his inevitable death. :blowup:

I hope we are going to get a proper "Adventure" or "Cheap Car Challenge" for Christmas.

I think this was not shit :D

As hopeless as the challenge was, at least they were being honest about how terrible they usually are. I can't use the word no-nonsense, but this was a proper mess that didn't make me reach for the fast forward button.

- - - Updated - - -

I am a BMW fan and I know that Jeremy is too, but if you are going to rag on a car that harshly, please explain more thoroughly why, not just say that it's awful. The drive is "horrid" - please tell how? Is it understeering? Oversteering? Is the response too sluggish? Again, the review felt like a long setup for a punchline.

Have only driven one 4-series BMW, but they seem to suffer from a detached-feeling steering due to the electric assist. Some people know more.

And as for the other dirt track cars, each of them was probably an MOT failure bought for a couple hundred.

Ok, this was a pass :lol:

• Vehicle makeBMW
  • Vehicle model523
  • Date first used6 August 1998
  • Fuel typePetrol
  • ColourGreen

[h=2]MOT history of this vehicle[/h]
  • Test date14 October 2015
  • Expiry date13 October 2016
  • Test ResultPass
  • Odometer reading128,191 miles
  • MOT test number1495 0029 4170
  • Advisory notice item(s)
    undertrays and engine covers fitted
    front headlamps deteriating
    nearside rear brake disc worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakened rusty pitted (3.5.1i)
    offside rear brake disc worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakened rusty pitted (3.5.1i)
    nearside front Brake hose slightly deteriorated (3.6.B.4d)

• Test date14 October 2015
  • Test ResultFail
  • Odometer reading128,191 miles
  • MOT test number9523 1416 5057
  • Reason(s) for failure
    nearside front Front position lamp(s) not working (1.1.A.3b)
    offside front Front position lamp(s) not working (1.1.A.3b)

• Advisory notice item(s)
    undertrays and engine covers fitted
    front headlamps deteriating
    nearside rear brake disc worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakened rusty pitted (3.5.1i)
    offside rear brake disc worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakened rusty pitted (3.5.1i)
    nearside front Brake hose slightly deteriorated (3.6.B.4d)

Last edited:
I voted 6, almost gave it a 5.

So much time wasted on aweful comedy, time that could instead have been used to show the 991 lap.

I am really starting to look forward to the next season of TopGear UK sans-Evans.

Before episode one, I was planning to subscribe to Amazon Prime as soon as they added the video part in Canada, just for this show.
I even bought a Roku streaming stick mainly for Amazon video. After the first 4 episodes, no way I would pay to subscribe to another video streaming service just for that.

I wonder if Bezo is starting to regret paying 350 million for this, Netflix must be laughing their ass off.

Last edited:
Hm, I don't know... I was always full of excitement about a new TopGear episode. I always needed to steal it as quickly as possible. :D For the first time ever, this doesn't seem to be the case anymore. Not only that I can now watch it legally: When I watched this episode tonight, I serieously thought about going to bed and watch the rest of it on monday. These three, they just changed.
I mean, there are still thousands of very positive reviews on amazon, so the show must appeal to many people. But it feels like it changed its target audience. GT feels like a show for people who are very easily entertained. People who do burnouts on a parking lot while loughing their ass off and all this kind of stuff. But for me...

I think the Posrsche vs. BMW bit was allright. Not spectacular, but allright. Same goes for conversation street. I did notice that they tuned down the american a bit. I liked that. The eco car segment... Well, I think the idea wasn't too bad, but I only felt lightly entertained at best. The refugees car... I think this is the first time that I ever thought a TopGear/GT joke was actually borderline (don't lough, I can't find a synonym with my limited language knowledge, but I'm serious). I'm not going to batter them for it, but I think they shouldn't do this kind of jokes in the future.

I still hope they're all just a bit out of form, after the long break, and will improve in Season 2.

EDIT:
Oh btw: It was a "5" for me.

Last edited:
It seems to me that one of the problems of filming so much of the show far in advance of release [including the tent material], is the ability to change direction is delayed. If there is an adverse reaction of some kind from viewers because something doesn't work very well it will take a few episodes for any change to appear. Maybe they should consider doing the audience filming only a few days in advance of release, like they used to do on TG. This would allow the ersatz news to be more topical too.

Last edited:
Thought the Porsche v BMW segment was not bad, the American opening his mouth at the end spoilt it a bit though. The Porsche lap would have been good to watch.

The eco film was a nice idea but badly executed. The shock value of Jeremy's car was predictable and quite gross. May being pedantic and over engineering things was vastly overdone, and was a simple switcharound from Hammond last week. In the end the whole film was about them driving a few miles and doing some laps around a grass track.

Brain crash needs to crash and burn, the first time was funny but after that it's boring and predictable because you know exactly what's coming.

In tent stuff was OK but nothing to write home about. The hiding Hammon was OK but went on a bit. Although many people like myself haven't liked a SIARPC type segment for years, what it did do was split the show up a bit and change the pace offering something different for 10 minutes or so.

Probably the weakest episode so far, 6/10.

I think people who love CHM doing a car show with some comedy thrown in will have to get used to the fact GT has to cater to a broader audience. Therefore, it's likely to be mostly an entertainment show with some car related stuff thrown in.

Btw, did anyone else like me do a double take when the second "hooligan" in the steel car appeared? I thought it was Matt LeBlanc on first glance!

Last edited:
I liked it.

I always had a thing for anarchy in humor, pissing off groups that take their agenda way too serious. And that is basically what they did in this episode.

I felt well entertained and even the inevitable facepalm when Jimmy Carr crashed, was bearable.

I had the feeling they wanted to get back at Richard for being too annoying last week. I like that, too

I think people who love CHM doing a car show with some comedy thrown in will have to get used to the fact GT has to cater to a broader audience. Therefore, it's likely to be mostly an entertainment show with some car related stuff thrown in.
Errr... TopGear, like it was before, claimed an audience of 350 million viewers. More than anything else "fact related". Nothing says "we need to cater a broader audience" less than that.
I don't think anyone ever said: "Mmmm, we only reach 350 Million viewers, we seriously need to change our program to bring this figure up a bit." :D

Errr... TopGear, like it was before, claimed an audience of 350 million viewers. More than anything else "fact related". Nothing says "we need to cater a broader audience" less than that.
I don't think anyone ever said: "Mmmm, we only reach 350 Million viewers, we seriously need to change our program to bring this figure up a bit." :D

You sort of made my point really. The worldwide audiences went up with Top Gear when they started to go for a broader audience and do more entertainment and cocking about. A lot of the long standing and die hard Top Gear fans prefer it to be mostly a car show with the the comedy entertainment taking more of a back seat. The latter TG years came in for a lot of stick, here included. Those fans will have to get used to the fact it will stay primarily as this comedy based stuff.

Yes. People should learn to accept that the old Top Gear format is dead and that it won't come back anymore. It has been dead for at least 5 years. So either you accept the new concept of The Grand Tour and try to enjoy it or quit watching. But stop whining as if someone has stolen something from you.

I gave it a 9 as I really liked this episode. I went in to it wanting to be entertained and to not nitpick at any of the non-tent segments. And you know what, I was thoroughly entertained. I still am not a fan of the celebrity thing or the lackluster conversation street, but that's a small price to pay.

I know it'll probably turn a bunch of you off but I want these shows to be almost exclusively epic road trips with just a smidge less scripting. I enjoy getting to see parts of the world that I'll never see or experience along with their humor.

Decent-bad-decent-bad so far... Even if half of the series ends up decent it'll still be a higher number of decent episodes than the last few series of TG.

"You're speechless because all the words in your head have been sucked out by the magnetism of my genius."

"The smoke was on account of James having single-handedly restarted the industrial revolution."

I still love Jeremy's lines so much, though.

Also, that immigrant thing seems to be a running segment, I don't get the point of it, and I'm not sure it's entertainment and comedy.

Well, it was the best episode yet for me. But, they need to shorten the main film each week, and drop the bloody awful American and celeb death bits.

Really disliked this episode. Sounded very promising, but the eco stuff was just way too lengthy and focused on annoying people. 911/M3 film was okay, but you can clearly see the disadvantages of the new track in there.

Reactions: rps