Votes: 19 15.7%

Votes: 19 15.7%

Votes: 16 13.2%

Votes: 7 5.8%

Votes: 4 3.3%

Votes: 1 0.8%

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters
I'm still watching it, so no vote yet...but the "Hammond smuggling" bit made me laugh...a lot...so I thank them for that.

By the way, the story of Clarkson crashing his mother's Audi right after passing his driving test has been told in one of the older Top Gear Episodes before. #justsaying

Yes. People should learn to accept that the old Top Gear format is dead and that it won't come back anymore. It has been dead for at least 5 years. So either you accept the new concept of The Grand Tour and try to enjoy it or quit watching. But stop whining as if someone has stolen something from you.

What people should really learn is that different people have different opinions and that one opinion isn't better or worse than the other. They should either accept this fact, or not read an online forum anymore. Third option of course is to keep reading the forums, and keep beeing annoyed while doing so. :lol: I bet you'll choose the third option. :p

Btw.: this "this joke has already been made on TopGear" thing will return at least once. The german episode will have a quite lenghthy joke in it, that was already made on TopGear several years ago (at least if they don't cut it out, now that someone mentioned it :)).

I expect a lot of facepalm in the German episode...

I don't think environmentally friendly vegetarians or vegans would approve.

Actually I think the opposite was true. This pushed the episode from a 6 to a (just about) 7 for me. The meat car was a subtle jab at people who drive eco cars but eat meat. The meat/livestock industry causes more environmental problems than the motor industry. As JC has often said, people think that attacking motorists and the car industry in general is the solution to all eco concerns and that's far from true.

Is Conversation Street going to have unique silhouettes for each show? Last week JC's high heels, this week RH's outsized hand. I'll have to watch the others again for their differences.

Yes. I believe it was Richard Porter who said they'd filmed 36 of them, so it should be a different one for each episode.

- - - Updated - - -

I found this one hilarious from the beginning. The celebrity bit wasn't bad, The American was funny, Conversation Street was good. I laughed all the way through, and have even watched parts of it several times.

Back in Whitby? Fucking lazy.
Old jokes.... fuck me. Word for word.
Are they using TG scripts from 2004???
Fuck me, it better not be comedy.
James doesn't want to be here?
Wait, when he brakes he's gonna get hit with bricks.
It's not funny!!! Waste of 15 mins.
Ugh fucking celebrity shit again.
It was obvious where he was.
Oh come on, it's not fucking funny.
Ok, I laughed at the ball of string.
Wait, that's an St24???

What's a fucking waste of an episode.

I liked this one quite a bit. I gave it an 8. But then, I'm a fan of Porsche 911's.....

"The American" was far less irritating, and the line he said about turbos was a good one. When James came out in the "dung pile" car, it was definitely a LOL moment for me.

I also got a pleasant reminder when Richard & Jezza did the "There's a bustle in the hedgerow... don't be alarmed now....It's just a spring-clean...for the May-queen" exchange. A long time ago, my mates and I tried to have conversations that consisted entirely of song lyrics and see how long we could keep it going. While I long ago grew very very tired of hearing that particular song, it was a nice bit for TGT.

And quite notably, the next few lines of that particular song apply to TG & TGT: "Yes, there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run, there's still time to change the road you're on." I very strongly believe that was purposeful - Richard was a DJ and James studied music at university.

While I was a but disgusted when I first saw the maggots, in retrospect I appreciate the fit with their sense of humour.

And the idea of an eco-car "going to the dogs", and as previously mentioned being a pointed comment on meat-related enviro hypocrisy (not only eating meat as speedyvespa posted, but also noting bovine greenhouse gas emissions), as well as the directness of a eco car being literally shit (whether it be in the bricks or a dung heap) were quite good and reminded me that RHM's best humour operates on several levels.

Last edited:
All I'd like to say at this point is I'm glad there's a lot more than GT included in Amazon Prime. Might not even watch the whole of this series if the disappointments keep coming thick and fast. Good bye, TG3... it was nice while it lasted. :cry:

The premise for the challenge isn't great, but if it started and Dicky had the same car, Jeremy had the same car and James had the brick version straight away with no rubbish mortar... And there's no comedy river crossings, or comedy accidental fires. They could have had an interesting challenge.

"James having single-handedly, restarted the industrial revolution"

"I may have to pit for another tampon"

:lmao: :lmao:

Well, this appears to be another controversial show, for old TGUK purists and some eco-friends. That said, I do like it, and it made me laugh a bit, and that is the point of TGT. It's not to appeal only to car nerds, it's been tailored so that anyone can catch it and feel there is something more than cars.

If you didn't like it, I respect you opinion, but that's what it is, your opinion.

PD: Using Dredd's Soundtrack was worth an extra point. And the american finally saying something not stupid was worth another.

It was painful, tasting like most of seasons 19-22 plus the Sweeney bit. :-(

6/10.

At this point I'm really just holding on till the Germany episode, just to see what kind of unfunniness they bring out there. At least it's bearable enough to actually watch the episodes, or partly just listen to while browsing the web.

It appears that votes are starting to get split along clear lines. Those who are reality show centric seem to like it and rank it high, while car show centric folks seem to be ranking it lower. Unfortunately reality shows sell right now, so I guess that is the audience they are aiming for.

It appears that votes are starting to get split along clear lines. Those who are reality show centric seem to like it and rank it high, while car show centric folks seem to be ranking it lower.

It has been that way since Series 12 or 13 of Top Gear. I've been wondering for years why people who want to see car reviews, are still watching it anyway.