Votes: 19 15.7%

Votes: 19 15.7%

Votes: 16 13.2%

Votes: 7 5.8%

Votes: 4 3.3%

Votes: 1 0.8%

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters
The environmental bit was funny at times but it was about 15 minutes too long and thus made the episode a bit boring for me. I miss the old-TG format of: review->lap time->news->cocking about->review.

Oh, I get it, make no mistake.

It's a fan reaction to their favourite band changing their musical style. I grasp the feeling but I don't share it. Besides, I really don't like it when fans want to dictate their idols how to behave and what their idols should do or not.

If anyone from Amazon or the BBC is reading this, I am willing to be a technical advisor. You can pay me in crisps.

Parts of this one went on a bit longer than necessary, but I still enjoyed it. The three cars made for incredible visuals (Hammond's was the prettiest) and I happen to like physical comedy with outlandish mechanized props--where else can you get that on TV?
It's a bit pointless to complain about the format of the old show when we're dealing with a new show whose format has to be different for legal and creative reasons. True, some material doesn't fully work--the American's quips haven't been funny enough to merit his screentime (though I'm curious about the backstory behind Skinner joining the show)--but most of it works.
It's amusing to see folks who perpetually complained about the presence of the SIARPC complain about the stars being killed before they enter the studio. I rather enjoy seeing what new and unusual death the show cooks up for each "guest" and the segment strikes me as a parody/kiss-off of the entire concept of the guest appearance, which would be impossible on the GT since the BBC likely owns the stars-doing-laps concept (plus the logistics for having the guest travel to the track for laps and then travel around the world to visit the tent would be nightmarish).

Last edited:
I would say I did enjoy it , I kind of agree that the eco challenge could of been just a bit shorter

Last edited:
I have a theory that the "kill the celeb" section is here to stay until Christmas.
I nearly applied for tickets to the Lapland filming, but then remembered I'm all out of holiday days from work. It's only just occurred to me that I reckon that'll be the Christmas episode. Celeb guest- Santa. And OMG he dies in a horrible snowmobiling accident two days before Christmas!

I think a lot of people need to stop focusing on what they think (feel?) TGT *should be* and start enjoying it for what it *IS*.

My theory is an unhealthy number of you are sitting down, getting ready to watch, thinking: "I'd like them to do this, this, and that." Therefore undercutting what actually happens on the actual show and/or episode.

For me, CHM TG and now, TGT, has always been a "they'll do whatever they deem" kind of show. Which is likely why I have enjoyed more episodes than most, judging by the bitching I've read about episodes I enjoyed. I stayed quiet during the last seasons of CHM TG (where the bitching was JUST incessant), since I feel that I was latecomer to the show compared to some people (have watched all the seasons [series] so far, though, and lurked here for download links since 2008, IIRC). But right now, EVERYONE is a newcomer to TGT, heritage to TG notwithstanding.

Last edited:
It feels exactly like Clarkson's Christmas DVDs, AKA like a cheap knock off version of Top Gear. Clarkson can't make a good show without the BBC.

The BBC's neurotic obsession with codes and politics doesn't work on its own, and Clarkson's silliness doesn't work on its own either.

Without the BBC, you get mindless, pointless stupidity and without Clarkson you get a boring show that no one wants to watch. But both are equally bad.