[01x05] December 16th, 2016

[01x05] December 16th, 2016

• Total voters
7/10, because a Great Morocco film should of never have been interrupted. The tent stuff is wearing thin and I sadly wish every episode was either just full of reviews/cocking about OR a full road trip. I liked the battleship part but not enough to interrupt the brilliant Morocco bit. They are getting back to old form slowly but I think the tent stuff should slowly fade away in the next couple series.

I just rewatched the South Americs road trip and man I long for those days. :) I want to rewatch the first Africa special next.

Morocco film 6/10. It wasn't very entertaining or interesting.
Tent 7/10 for some jokes and til about dutch police with their Porsche's

Total : 6,5 but closer to 6 thanks to meh Morocco film

Time to cancel the prime for me.

Enjoyed this one, with only the celebrity rubbish still spoiling it for me- that really has to be dropped in the next series. That, and the films always feel just a tiny bit too long, even the good ones.

Felt like a hybrid of early and late Top Gear. Liked it very much.

Easily the best episode yet, and I'm not saying that because of the MX-5.

Morocco film: Nicely done, not epic, but no bad fails. Also I liked the car Battleship despite the bad special effects.

I rated it an 8/10. Could have been higher without the overdone sex toy jokes and the obvious continuity error caused by the weighing accident.

- - - Updated - - -

What are you reffering to exactly?
The MX-5 has the damage from the statue crash "before" the crash. Also, the fact that the MX-5 continued at all after having, among other things, its exhaust crushed.

So how about doing it better next year and weighing your MX-5 at next Ringmeet? It's the same colour after all. I offer myself as one of the weights :p What can go wrong? ;)

Oh right. Didn't think about it.

There is no 0, but that is the score from me. When Hammond wandered into the sets, I turned it off. The show started its first episode with some promise, but continuing to watch it has become difficult. Conversation Street, Celebrity Braincrash, overdone character acting, and boring car content are all reasons why I am glad I have things like Roadkill to watch instead.

I'd rather watch an attractive woman drag the fingernails of both of her hands across chalkboards for an hour than watch another episode of The Grand Tour.

Last edited:
Best episode yet. :)
8/10

Marvellous 10/10.
The moment with Hammond on the scales in Mazda which rear end is in the air (well, sort of) shouting "I've got an idea" for me definitely looks like The Italian Job reference.
The Alfa video... Well, that's why you need 4k. Each screenshot is an ideal bedroom poster. Or a new Pirelli calendar.

Notice how the episodes that people like don't contain The American.
I still stand with what I said in the beginning, but just like some said before I'll give them credit. This episode was good, however yet again the celebrity nonsense needs to go away.

So how about doing it better next year and weighing your MX-5 at next Ringmeet? It's the same colour after all. I offer myself as one of the weights :p What can go wrong? ;)

That settles it, everyone who brings a Miata must get it weighed at VS :lol:

I'm bringing the Mi16nium Falcon instead...

Quite liked this one, Still some cringe moments but it's getting better than the first episodes.

7/10

I enjoyed this episode and most of the points have been covered regarding what made it good so there I cant really add anything to that.

That settles it, everyone who brings a Miata must get it weighed at VS :lol:

I'm bringing the Mi16nium Falcon instead...

I'm bringing my car... didn't give it a name yet :p

What are you reffering to exactly?

it might be a different one, but on the battleships segment there is a G-Wiz on the crane with pyrotechnics taped to the bonnet then suddenly a shot of it hoisted where the pyrotechnics arent there anymore, then suddenly they are back again in the next shot....

Well done. I understand why they can't call "Conversation Street" "The News" but, if they dropped the little intro bit, I think I could get over the new name.

Are they really going to keep up the Celebrity Brain Crash? It's getting old.

Rest of the show, top notch.

Great show, not a 10 because of RH stupid behavior at the end, and the celebrity whatever is getting old. I am 10000% sure Jay Kay and a bunch of very famous people want to be in TGT. Pleas Mr Wilman, stop that now.