[01x06] April 5th, 2009

[01x06] April 5th, 2009

• Total voters
Watch it online

Gave that one a 4 - solid, but nothing special. For that camera work at the karting track, this one should come with an epilepsy disclaimer :?

In this episode, I saw my house. When Fomenko was the limo driver, he took the newlyweds to the restaurant, located near my house ^^

gave it 5. Nice one, but boring

Anyone have a torrent link?

Subtitles will (hopefully) be out in a day or two, along with a well-seeded torrent.

Edit: I might have been a bit optimistic with the "couple of days" estimate, but the main work on the subs is pretty much finished, so they will be released as soon as we carry out final editing. Check back over the weekend.

Last edited:
thank you!

EDIT

Just finished the episode (thank you, TGRSP folks!) and I liked it enough to give it a seven. I liked the Mini / MiTo segment. A karting track was a nice idea and both Petrovsky and Kuchera made an effort to identify why the Mini "worked" and the MiTo "didn't".

Six episodes in, I think TGR is more comfortable with itself then either TGUK or TGA were in their first season. SIARPC still remains the weakest segment by far, but I think a good bit of that is Fomenko seems to be unable to build any type of rapport with the guests unlike Jezza, who makes them comfortable right away. So both the star and Fomenko tend to just flounder for a few minutes and then they cut to the film of the lap. I am guessing Fomenko's commentary is recorded beforehand since the guests never say anything, unlike TGUK (and I believe TGA) where Jezza and the guest comment throughout the lap.

Last edited:
I haven't seen it yet, but I thought I'd share my thoughts on this show while 01x06 is downloading.

I was really skeptical about this show. I thought it was going to be a poorly done shameless rip-off of the best show in the world (BBC Top Gear). And I've ignored it for some weeks. But I recently had some free time, so I watched the first 5 episodes, and I've got to say... I'm impressed.

I'm a Russian born Canadian resident, so I understand the show without subtitles. I think the show is well produced, and the presenters make a decent team. But I kind of wish there was a James May character, it feels like there are 2 Richard Hammonds and 1 Clarkson... But whatever, hopefully they will work out their own style as the series progresses. These first few episodes are pretty much Russian copies of the original show, when I watch the challenges I feel like I've already seen it before... because I have.

I see a lot of potential in this show. Right now the fate of the show is in the hands of the producers. Copying Clarkson is a great way to get they show off the ground, but it only gets you this far. By the second series they must use their own creative juices to come up with original material/challenges to keep the viewers interested. IF they can manage to do that, the show will go on and it will be truly great... It's like the US version of The Office, the first series was a blatant copy of the UK version, minus the British accent. But they really came though by the second series with original plot line and good jokes.

I'm really enjoying the show, but it must really suck for you non-Russian speaking people, because a lot of the speech just doesn't directly translate very well into English. To understand the show, and get a laugh out of it, you really need to understand the Russian language and Russian culture.

But, hey! Russian Top Gear beats No Top Gear, so this should keep you mildly entertained until June 21st comes around. :)

Ahh, and my download is complete. :)

p.s. I know you guys are working on dubbing the show, but I hope you keep posting the original Russian subbed releases as well.

Last edited:
I'm really enjoying the show, but it must really suck for you non-Russian speaking people, because a lot of the speech just doesn't directly translate very well into English. To understand the show, and get a laugh out of it, you really need to understand the Russian language and Russian culture.

We are trying our best to point out if play of words takes place, or provide literal translations for ambiguous jokes/references. Some value is lost though, no way around it :(

p.s. I know you guys are working on dubbing the show, but I hope you keep posting the original Russian subbed releases as well.

We definitely will. Dubbing is actually based on subs, because a non-russian-speaking person (dogapult) is doing it. By the way, we're still looking for translators/subtitle writers willing to help us out!

Not sure what you guys did to this episode but every apostrophe in the subtitles showed up as 'a_' with a carat on top of the 'a' and an underscore after. The previous episodes were fine

That's because I've corrected all apostrophes from ? to ' in previous eps, and I forgot to do it in the ep 6 ;) I guess the typographic apostrophe comes from Word and some people use Word to type the text in.

MPC shows both fine for me, though.