[01x06] December 23, 2016

[01x06] December 23, 2016

• Total voters
What I found remarkable is that they were driving towards the tent in a Fisker Karma, an 986 Boxster and a Saab 9000 (?).

That was a 900. i think all of those models have been built by Valmet in Finland.

Ahh, thanks. That explains it!

With Kimi drinking himself to death is Nico taking his seat next year :mrgreen:

Great GT40 and P3 video, their sweaters were a nice touch and well done IMO. I was really hoping James would have used his normal catch phrase on his condom unless the BBC lawyers have it locked in a vault somewhere.

Was a few lol moments, another dig at top gear with the senotaph joke, the mexican hats on the conversation street intro. Even the PENIS jumpers

I was really hoping James would have used his normal catch phrase on his condom unless the BBC lawyers have it locked in a vault somewhere.
Apart from it being a 'James' thing' that he's probably said since he was a schoolboy, his plane is registered as G-OCOK, so I think the BBC would be struggling to claim first rights to the phrase.

Like others, I'm getting pretty bored when one of them turns up "uninvited". That's 4 times in 6 episodes now and is not funny when the same gag is constantly wheeled out. The Ford vs Ford film itself was a good mix of fun and fact. The American opening his mouth while doing the laps ended it on a negative though.

Conversation Street was OK but went on too long with the chocolate bars.

Brain crash was pointless, again.

Christmas stuff was funny but went on too long and it was needless to have that idiot Geldof on there. Pretty much all the tent stuff went on a bit too long.

GT40 film was great although I thought it was leading into something about the new Ford GT. This film shows that TGT doesn?t have to be all cocking about if it's truly interesting and well done, people will appreciate it.

Overall a decent episode but some things are still stopping it from being great. 8/10

I think they really missed a trick with this episode with so much motorsport heritage in Finland. Surely they could have done something with a famous Finnish driver and/or some rallying etc?

GT40 bit was good
Hammond's role as USA viewer pleaser is terrible and annoying
Jeremy might as well not have turned up this week, he added nothing.

5/10 (all for May's bit)

Last edited:
I thought I'd finally give up on GT, mostly because of the last-millenium humor. Then came James' film...

Probably the best episode so far for me, too- there was just enough of everything, nothing went on too long and there was a variety- silly stuff, semi-serious stuff, and James' superb GT40 film.

I desperately hope that The American and the Brain Crash thing are dropped though.

It seems to me to get a little bit more like their Top Gear every week, too...

I don't mind The American too much, though it does seem frustrating that he seems to exist to be used as a prop by JC to show how much "better" his opinions are, he'd be better if he was allowed to 'get one up' on the crew, or at least show a tiny bit of depth. Or maybe I am just overthinking him.

As for this episode, I quite liked it, as it seemed a lot more about the cars than previous episodes.

Great episode, but Jezza got a fact wrong.
Finland is not part of Scandinavia.
Scandinavia = Norway, Sweden and Denmark.
Finland is part of the countries addressed as "The Nordics".

And holy shite, that Mustang is fugly!

Last edited:
Great episode, but Jezza got a fact wrong.
Finland is not part of Scandinavia.
Scandinavia = Norway, Sweden and Denmark.
Finland is part of the countries addressed as "The Nordics".

I've been waiting for somebody to say that because it comes up at every single Ringmeet :p

Cylinder envy from a BMW driver? :p

Last edited:
This was awful beyond belief.

I wonder how long till the three will pull their actual penises out 'for fun' and blow one another. The level of tasteless idiocy sunk to a new low.

Cylinder envy from a BMW driver? :p

I do admit that engine sounds incredible. :)
But the car looks bad, both at the front and the back.