[01x06] November 3rd, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

il est myron

(Could a mod please move this into the pre-ep forum? Thanks)

In this episode:
Luxury 4x4s (Lexus LX570, Audi Q7 and Range Rover) in the outback and Daintree Rainforest (I think)
Mercedes SL63 AMG reviewed by Cox as well as Stig lap
James Morrison SIABSC
As well as the usual news and WWTT? board

The films showed to us were extremely rough cuts, but from what we saw they seemed pretty decent. The SL63 review was filmed in Sydney at night and had some nice shots. The Luxury 4x4s film felt like a proper Top Gear adventure, although they didn't seem to talk about their cars that much (but maybe they just hadn't edited it all in). However, they do come to a verdict at the end about the best car.

Being a car person himself (as well as a good entertainer), the James Morrison interview was much better than the previous ones so far.

All in all, I think it will be another good episode.

Being a car person himself (as well as a good entertainer), the James Morrison interview was much better than the previous ones so far.

So James DID interview Charlie, then? ;)

Sounds promising, thanks for the heads up.

They seem to be testing a lot of AMG Mercedes on the show .... this (the SL63) will be the 3rd in 6 episodes to appear on the lap time board.

Luxury 4x4s (Lexus LX570, Audi Q7 and Range Rover) in the outback and
finally!

I hope that jeremy dude takes the lexus, i think he's that kinda guy

and i predict that the hammond impersonator takes the Q7

finally!

I hope that jeremy dude takes the lexus, i think he's that kinda guy

and i predict that the hammond impersonator takes the Q7

:lol: correct on both counts. Just been to the SBS website where they've put up preview for next week's episode. Cox in the Lexus, Brown in the Rangie and Pizzati in the Audi. Can't wait to see James Morrison!!!

As much as I hate it, I'd want the Toyota LX570 in an environment like that. It would be the most competant offroad and the most comfortable. If it were my money, I'd buy the Rangie.

As much as I hate it, I'd want the Toyota LX570 in an environment like that. It would be the most competant offroad and the most comfortable.

The Rangie is by all accounts extremely competent off-road as well - but the Landcruiser, oops sorry, Lexus just has the bit more reassurance about it for some reason. I'm really looking forward to the segment though - has great potential.

I'd just be happy with a killer episode 6 that puts the show 'on the map'.
It's got to get better...
Fingers crossed til Monday.

James morrison? The trumpeter? Never knew he was a fan of cars, there ya go.

While I think TGA has potential and I would like it to succeed, atm I gave it a test on YT to evaluate if it was worth my FREE bandwidth and it wasn't but I can see it has some way to go but it is moving in the right direction. That really sounds good and I am guessing that 1x06 is going to be on my newsgroup search.

God I hope they don't shoe-horn the entire Alice Springs to Cairns trip into 5 minutes of air-time. The Daintree rainforest deserves more than 30 seconds.

This show is degenerating, getting worse, failing to improve, each week. Another 4WD piece. Woeful, hate it, wish it was fantastic. Will be acquiring Episode One of the lastest TOP GEAR series (there is only one) online. Wake up everyone and stop being be manipulated, for corporate profit, that this Australian piece of shit is anything but a cheap copy. Shame!

This show needs a bit of work still.

I really hate the WWTT part.

Last edited:
This show is degenerating, getting worse, failing to improve, each week. Another 4WD piece. Woeful, hate it, wish it was fantastic. Will be acquiring Episode One of the lastest TOP GEAR series (there is only one) online. Wake up everyone and stop being be manipulated, for corporate profit, that this Australian piece of shit is anything but a cheap copy. Shame!

Stop watching it then.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.