[01x07] January 2nd, 2011

[01x07] January 2nd, 2011

• Total voters
^^oh, i think i am...

No, I'm not. I can't help you with your marginal English skills. Try rereading my post and the post I answered.

If that doesn't work, beat yourself on the head with a 4 lb. hammer until things clear up.

I'm truly sorry you cannot discern between defensive and offensive. You really are not well versed in conversational English.

is that all you have to come back with? Our "marginal" english skills? why are you in here?

It is HIGHLY DOUBTFUL that the BBC and History (producers of TopGearUSA) would allow a real customer to drive on a California freeway and engage in a preplanned near miss. The production company's lawyers and insurance company would never go along with it.

You should ask, "Was the customer real or an employee of the production company?" "Was the driver of the Toyota an employee of the production company?"

If the answer to both questions is yes, then the near miss could have been staged. But, if the near miss went wrong on a crowded public freeway and resulted in an accident involving other mpotorists, can you imagine the lawsuits?

Sorry, I just saw this, the driver of the 914 was me. The entire thing was totally legit. The Camry just shot across in front of me, I slammed the brakes and went onto the shoulder. My reaction wasn't exactly what they showed but close enough. In fact, the camera car in front of us nearly wrecked from a combination of laughter and trying to keep us in frame.

Sorry, I just saw this, the driver of the 914 was me. The entire thing was totally legit. The Camry just shot across in front of me, I slammed the brakes and went onto the shoulder. My reaction wasn't exactly what they showed but close enough. In fact, the camera car in front of us nearly wrecked from a combination of laughter and trying to keep us in frame.

How's the 914 going? Fix the gearbox yet? :-D

Ahh! So it was real... My favourite bit was when Tanner goes "The horn doesn't work..." :lol:. Congrats on being on TG anyway bud ;).

pictures, or it didnt happen! :)

That is the point, You take a segment that has already been done for the UK audience and re-hash it for the American market and dumb it down.

Ok, getting a little tired of the self-hating American schtick that so often evidenced by posts like this. It's different, not necesarily "dumbed down." Too often Americans wil think that British humor or even just British monologues are smarter just because they are said with a British accent. It's like calling Shakspeare classic high brow literature, when in fact it was considered at the time to be "low comedy" for the masses, not something a smart person woudl enjoy.

TGUS isn't perfect, but I can't call it "dumbed down." Merely a different take on similar situations.

Does Rutledge by his shirts by the crate?
Same shirt every week.

Does Rutledge by his shirts by the crate?
Same shirt every week.

Well, they filmed all the studio stuff in one week, and they mixed up segments/links on the filming days. Soooo... *shrugs*

I'm a bit surprised by Tim Allen's lap time, I was expecting a bit better considering he used to race Saleen Mustangs.

That poor woman sure had a bad day, being offered as trade for an old Lexus with a lousy paint job and then being overlooked for a members only jacket. :(

LOL, the car is in my garage :D

I was the one who traded the Jacket for the car...

Well, they filmed all the studio stuff in one week, and they mixed up segments/links on the filming days. Soooo... *shrugs*

But it's always a 'lumberjack' shirt.
The CR-Z gets 37 MPG, thats appalling. :blink:

"Gravity, that's your plan?" :lol:

LOL, the car is in my garage :D

I was the one who traded the Jacket for the car...

We'll all be looking for it soon on Fleabay.
By the way....shouldn't the description of it in your profile be a Stealth Black Lexus LS 400?

We'll all be looking for it soon on Fleabay.
By the way....shouldn't the description of it in your profile be a Stealth Black Lexus LS 400?

I have given the car to my little brother, I dont need it and since he didnt have a car, he has one now lol.

I dont know how to post pictures on this forum....

Last edited: