[01x07] November 10th, 2008

[01x07] November 10th, 2008

• Total voters
Oh FFS, the only reason you'd post in a different colour would be to draw attention to yourself & your posts.

Nothing better to do than piss on someone for using blue letters huh ? :p
That''ll be a highlight in your resume.

btw, What colour car do you drive ?
And did you pick that colour because it made you feel important,
did it draw attention to you,
or maybe just because you liked it...

I like Blue..

but I think I'll go with the Mauve for a while.

Oh FFS, the only reason you'd post in a different colour would be to draw attention to yourself & your posts.

Or possibly to differentiate between newly inserted comments in a block of quoted text? Isn't that why emails have different coloured lines running down the side when you do a "paste as quotation", or why people change fonts... so that you can tell the new bit from the old bit?

All I can say is, it shows how dull the commentary on the show is when the forum is reduced to arguing about whether people are allowed to colour their text.

Geeze, why don't one of the TGA hosts make an outrageously un-PC joke about something so we can talk about that instead?

:blink:

Or possibly to differentiate between newly inserted comments in a block of quoted text? Isn't that why emails have different coloured lines running down the side when you do a "paste as quotation", or why people change fonts... so that you can tell the new bit from the old bit?
That's why you can change where a quote finishes, just type [/quote] before you type your reply, and then type [quote] when the other person's starts again.

That's why you can change where a quote finishes, just type [/quote] before you type your reply, and then type [quote] when the other person's starts again.

But what if you want to make points throughout a long quote? And really, it is such a big offence to put some colour on the text? Does everybody have to remain "gray" so they don't offend anybody else. That's why the world is full of boring f%!#ers who wear identical business suits. Conformity.

Anyway, I think there are far more interesting subjects that we could focus our discussions on.

Be brave. Be an individual. :cool:

But what if you want to make points throughout a long quote?

You just quote individual sections of the post, like this...

And really, it is such a big offence to put some colour on the text? Does everybody have to remain "gray" so they don't offend anybody else. That's why the world is full of boring f%!#ers who wear identical business suits. Conformity.

I didn't mention it because I was offended, or because I'm a boring fucker - I mentioned it because I felt STIG_mata was doing it to draw extra attention to his posts. Nothing to do with conformity at all.

Last edited:
STIG_mata: Do us all a favour and please stop posting in blue. Your posts are no more or less important than everyone else's - there's no need to highlight them as if that's the case.

fbc, Strike a blow for the Conformity Police , you legend !

Hmm....

repFBC.png

repSM.png

Maybe fbc knows what he's talking about.

Where was the Koenigsegg?

Just watched the episode,

I actually enjoyed it but think it could have done with the extra segment with the Koenigsegg, and perhaps had the Helicopter Segment as one.

Enjoyed the petrol/diesel and really thought both Charlie and Warren bonded pretty well.

Alot of the camera work is improving with the laps, a couple more should be changed but they are looking alright!

Well done guys, few more changes and we are getting there.

PS;

Warren I love the cartoons, but just like WWTT, they do not need to be included every week.

Also, every time the Stig is involved, he does not need to be introduced with a joke, if you have to do it once an episode.

i gave it a 7

the i thing i like most about TGau is they seem to fit a lot more into a shorter show then TGuk without being too rushed, TGuk segmants seem to go on to long this season, they need to put another review in

This episode wasn't that bad, however I still think that the audience needs work and the biggest problem is the script, The Stig could write better.

Hmm....

repFBC.png

repSM.png

Maybe fbc knows what he's talking about.

Stiggie, Im impressed that you took the time out of your busy life to make up a couple of images,

upload them onto your photobucket account,
and then took the time to download them,
and post them here.

And all that effort..
to look like a tool.

BTW, Forum Rep points are the equivalent of a Gold Star on your forehead at Kindy...

and in the real world, it makes no difference at all....

(apart from a bit of ego stroking for those who need it.)

Unless,
of course,
the highly regarded Rep points morph into free tankerloads of PULP or million dollar cash prizes, or nubile Brazilian temptresses knocking at your door....

But they dont, do they....
no....
Its just a Little set of Little coloured squares on a Little forum for Little squares to feel slightly proud of,
in a Little way, of course.

You can now join Mr Blue-Phobia in the Great Hall of Green Square Giants for a bitchfest against me,
while the rest of us get on talking about the AU series.

Claimer: not a disclaimer:.... I use the Rep system in many forums myself, but Ive only used it to POSITIVE Rep people because to NEGATIVE rep someone is just gutless.
If you dont like someones posts , post your thoughts TO them ON the forum rather than namelessly attack them.

In the end , it makes no diff what the internet bullies think of me but its interesting to know how cowardly they are.

Last edited:
Thread unlocked-- Stop trolling, or I will temp ban your account. I'm done warning everyone about it.

While the fattwa remains on Charlie's head*, this ep was another step in the right direction. Other than What Were They Thinking? becoming more and more a one way trip to comedy death, my only real criticism was Steve's GTR review... one minute he's complaining about how the car is clinical and unexciting, the next he's saying how incredible and exciting it is! wtf!? I know Clarkson invented the automotive about-face but at least he sets it up and explains you through it. It's like Steve went to bed that night, changed his mind but forgot to tell us. Weird.

Star(s) in a (awful Australian euphemism) car was actually quite good this week... having two reasonably interesting car guys helped, if only because it reduced Charlie's time to talk from 1/2 to 1/3 ;-)

* - To be fair, Charlie was much more subdued this round. But he's still by far the weakest link.

my only real criticism was Steve's GTR review... one minute he's complaining about how the car is clinical and unexciting, the next he's saying how incredible and exciting it is! wtf!? I know Clarkson invented the automotive about-face but at least he sets it up and explains you through it. It's like Steve went to bed that night, changed his mind but forgot to tell us. Weird.

Nah. He was first asking if the GT-R was cold and clinical (Which he said it seemed like it on paper). But then he came to the conclusion that it wasn't.

Don't know how you missed that! :lol:

Stiggie, Im impressed that you took the time out of your busy life to make up a couple of images,

...yada yada ...

In the end , it makes no diff what the internet bullies think of me but its interesting to know how cowardly they are.

Banned!! :-o

Seems a bit rough, but s'pose there could be more to it than I read here. :dunno:

^Meh, I don't think it's rough. He was just trolling in the end.

^Meh, I don't think it's rough. He was just trolling in the end.

Not picking sides, I don't post often but am a avid reader of threads and being a member for awhile now I have no desire to get banned. He got attacked for the colour of his text for gods sake, which to me was just personal prefeance, then he got attacked again in relation to "rep points" explaining that he don't know anything. Unless I am mistaken rep points can be accumulated in mass by agreeing with the masses so what that has to be with knowledge escapes me added to that post count is going to make a huge difference also.

If the guy had of been left alone regarding the colour of his text, a ban would not be enforce. I am assumeing he was banned on the content of his posts rather than his post count and rep points?.