[01x08] November 17th, 2008

[01x08] November 17th, 2008

• Total voters
This ep is easily one of their best ep. The driving roads are a copy of Top Gear, but it's still good. The Holden vs Ford looks pretty good. The XF review is good too. But I think the XF really needs a LSD. The open diff is killing it's handling when power is applied. Judging as it's own show, this is a 9. However if I was to compare it to Top Gear, it'll probably be a 7.5.

Another boring show. no joke, no humor, no fun. I though cartoonists suppose to have some sense of humor? apearantly he's not so funny driving a car. I'm not surprise if they kill of this show pretty soon. Good try anyway aussies.

I wanted the ultimate road trip to be longer actually. But having a Lambo, 911 and a DB9 in your presence is good enough for me. The SIABSC was not bad and I can't believe she's faster than vince Colosimo. lol
The Ford/Holden thing was alright, but hey it's part of the Australian culture (Charlie going off his nuts about saving our motor industry...lol and wtf? but he's right you know). Overall, not a bad episode and not a bad season too. I shall give you a season rundown once I finish my exams.

7/10 for tonight.

I think I worked out what the problem with the Tassie trip was ... they didn't actually go anywhere after they hooned around that closed road. If it was TGUK, they would have driven into a town at the end of the day and talked about the cars over a beer. That's what the Tassie film needed ...

They went on the West coast instead of the east coast. They could've gone to Simmons Plains and there are some good hills around there too.

I think I worked out what the problem with the Tassie trip was ... they didn't actually go anywhere after they hooned around that closed road. If it was TGUK, they would have driven into a town at the end of the day and talked about the cars over a beer. That's what the Tassie film needed ...
Indeed, and doing that would have avoided that very awkward ending of playing the season intro again. There seemed to be about 5 minutes of filler at the end, which would have been enough to give the Tassie bit a solid conclusion.

Indeed, and doing that would have avoided that very awkward ending of playing the season intro again. There seemed to be about 5 minutes of filler at the end, which would have been enough to give the Tassie bit a solid conclusion.

Yeah it's odd. Maybe they did have an ending and something went tits-up in post production? Lost tapes or catastrophic failure maybe?

For everyone giving praise, ask yourself one question.

Would you pay $40 of your own money for the DVD of the series?

;)

At last it can be revealed...here's a photo of IcedVovo taken outside a Kia showroom.

glennpic.jpg

Now THAT explains everything!

At last it can be revealed...here's a photo of IcedVovo taken outside a Kia showroom.

SNIP PIC

Now THAT explains everything!

Hahaha. ;)

Curiously, I actually have a pic of me with Glenn Ridge. Which is odd when I think about it.

(So, does this mean my Rep will go up or down?)

Here's a thought, would Ridge really be worse than Cox?

^^ Yes!

-Tassie Road Trip lacked a little
-XF Review was good
-Falcadore review as good aswell
-SIABSC Meh like all of them in both UK & Oz versions (was it me or is CK getting less attractive as she gets older?)
-WWTT; season long it was ok, but they were obviously runnning out of material during the season (how can they do that with all the crap cars on the road? :???: ), and Warrens rants are just wrong & cringworthy.
-Charlies End Rant, funny in a wierd way but very true!

Yes.

Is there one coming out?

If so, when?

Bound to be. 2 Weeks before Christmas? ABC Shop?

I imagine it's at the offshore replicators as we speak.

- The only interesting thing about the Tassie trip was the sound of that Lambo :devil:
- XF review was boring.
- Holden V Ford was 'meh'. The right car won.
- SIABSC was boring. Talk about a terrible interviewer, Cox is useless. Does anybody else find themselves hearing the echo of the shed they're in?
- What Were They Thinking *shudder*. I hate this segment. I like Warren, but his theatrical intro makes me gag every time, and the "Booo" ranting is just plain stupid. I really hope they can this next season.

I wish that they would use a bit more contrast. Highlight the pros and the cons of cars more strongly, not just praise and whinge, but use some hyperbole and anecdotes. Make up stupid little tests to demonstrate and highlight the point they're trying to make.

Charlie Cox is just getting more and more annoying. He shouldn't be the host. He's no good at interviewing or reviewing, he has to use stupid arm gestures all the time, and is not interesting or entertaining in the slightest.

The pervasive Australian colloquialisms are killing me. If I hear Steve say "grouse" or the phrase "flat out like a lizard drinking" one more ... :mad:
Nobody talks like that. It's stupid. Stop it.

I did like the season as a whole and it's a good effort considering. The unscripted stuff has been fun to watch and the guys seem to gel well towards the end. Hopefully next season will be a lot better.

Thank God Top Gear UK is back!