[01x08] November 17th, 2008

[01x08] November 17th, 2008

• Total voters
Season 1 really was a bumpy ride. It had it's ups and downs but the overall result was, decent. Hope they have a chance to make a second season and maybe improve. Maybe make it more aussie and stop copying the UK show so much

Hahaha. That's funny on quite a number of levels.:blink:

FYI: ABC2 are showing Peking To Paris at 10:30pm on Wednesday nights starting tonight. Starring Wazza! (without a mustache!!)

It's a beautifully put together show. ;)

Oh poo. I wish I read that last night. Better set the Foxtel thingy for next week :) I've really been wanting to watch it.

Not exactly the greatest episode to finish off on
As other people mentioned, TGUK already did a porch/lambo/aston drive on 'Great' roads. Seems a bit forced to me
WWTT was ok at the start of the series, but warren needs to calm down, it doesnt help when the audience is not engaging with him
Thankfully we have original TG to satisfy our needs...

I gave it a 5 which is my highest rating for the season.

The Tassie drive was rather dull. There was very little information on the cars, they could've shown a bit more of the Tasmanian landscape (they seemed to show more of Melbourne's) and they weren't driving fast enough! I was confused by the Antique shop visit - WTF?

The WWTT board was dead boring and I skipped through the star interview as I always do.

The Jaguar test wasn't bad, easily they're best review ever. I would've prefer a bit more information such as acceleration figures and power output but it was pretty good overall.

Ford vs Holden could've been really interesting but they did a rather poor job and left so much out.

-Why was the traction control on through the slalom?
-Why didn't they time the slalom test? We don't know which one was best!
-Their opinion on the build quality (and that ugly omega dashboard)?
-How spacious?
-No mention on safety features nor the Falcons five star rating (finally for a Australian car)
-No mention that the Falcon has a top speed of only 200km\h (the same as a 1.8 Holden Astra)?
-No mention that the Falcon wagon has leaf springs and a live axle?
-No mention of the acceleration figures or that the Toyota Aurion is faster, more powerful and uses less fuel?
-Space saver spare wheel standard in the Commodore?

It also could've done with a little discussion about the rather slow lap times. How could a 180KW 'world class car' driven by the stig be only 4 seconds faster than a 70KW, cut price Malaysian hatchback driven by a 'celebrity'?

Their braking tests really annoy me. At 100km\h you travel one metre every 0.04 seconds. The braking of each car only has to be one tenth of a second apart to get a (rather large) descrepancy of over two metres! And why didn't they give us a figure so we could compare it to other cars?

And like a few people already mentioned (a excellent point actually), despite Charlie's rant, they didn't give us any reasons for anyone to buy one of those cars (the shot of the Commodores tasteless silver centre console made me cringe).

For me it was the best (or if you prefer, the least worse) episode of the season.

nice show, shame about the presenters.

Initially I wanted to see cox be removed, but now warren annoys me more than cox and pizatti do, if one had to go I think it would have to be warren, he has gotten worse as the season progressed.

If I was the producer of the show I would sack the lot of them and replace them with Sam Newman, Glen Ridge and Shane Crawford, then we would have something that would rival TGUK.

If I was the producer of the show I would sack the lot of them and replace them with Sam Newman, Glen Ridge and Shane Crawford, then we would have something that would rival TGUK.

Each to their own but about the only one there who seems to have a genuine interest in cars and how they perform is Glenn Ridge, and even then IMO no.

Initially I wanted to see cox be removed, but now warren annoys me more than cox and pizatti do, if one had to go I think it would have to be warren, he has gotten worse as the season progressed.

Oh dear.

Jeez I hate to admit this....

But Sam Newman has almost the perfect left-of-field personality for the job. He can drive a bit and least he can talk to punters. It'd cause a shit-fight but it certainly wouldn't be boring.

Crawford can kiss my squirrel though.

;)

:lmao:

...I mean...you're joking, right?

...right?

:cry:

Well that lineup would certainly guarantee I'd never watch the show.

-No mention on safety features nor the Falcons five star rating (finally for a Australian car)
-No mention that the Falcon has a top speed of only 200km\h (the same as a 1.8 Holden Astra)?
-No mention that the Falcon wagon has leaf springs and a live axle?

FG falcons aren't available as wagons. Base model Falcons are limited to 200kph. Does anyone else think that its stupid that they tested the base model falcon and commodores around the track but didn't test the typhoon or clubsport around the track ? :?

Dave...what WERE you thinking??? Am I alone in thinking that Sam Newman must never be allowed in front of a camera* ever again?

And how did Warren become evil all of a sudden? Are YOU Glenn Ridge as well as Mr Vovo?

*speed cameras excepted

Love him or loathe him, but if it wasnt for Sam Newman the footy show wouldnt rate as well as it does, The footy show gets on average 1.071 million viewers a week.

Here are my reasons for selecting Sam Newman, Glen Ridge, and Shane Crawford

Why I would have liked to have seen Sam replace Cox, apart from his sense of humour and his reputation for being perhaps even more controversial than clarkson, Sam Newman can drive. He has raced Porsches competitively in the past. He has also owned several supercars, the latest being a Lamborghini Murcielago roadster. He is also one of very few people who can boast of driving in excess of 300kms an hour on Australian roads after taking his Lambo for a spin on one of the Northern Territories roads with no speed limits.

Glen Ridge would make a good foil for the other two presenters, and he has raced competitively in Rallies around Australia for over 10 years.

Shane Crawford has already developed an interesting history with Sam and can give as good as what he gets when it comes to making wisecracks. He may not have any driving pedigree but being a pro athlete he would have the hand/eye coordination required to be able to master the art of driving quickly.​

While a few people might be breathing a sigh of relief that I am not the producer, even if I was the above list would never happen, Sam Newman's salary alone would be almost as much as the current weekly budget of the show.

Anyone else got a wishlist of who they would like to see host the show? If so post them here with reasons for your choices.

And how did Warren become evil all of a sudden? Are YOU Glenn Ridge as well as Mr Vovo?

*speed cameras excepted

His jokes have gotten worse as the season has progressed, he is just not funny. Cox and Pizatti have developed a bit of a banter and work better without warren in their segments. The holden vs ford segment in the last episode being a good example.

And why would you think me, Glen Ridge, and Mr VoVo are the same person? is it because all three of us hail from adelaide?:think:

Here are the ratings for the whole season for those who are interested.

[01x08] Monday, November 17th: 662,000 viewers (+50,000)
[01x07] Monday, November 10th: 612,000 viewers (-41,000)
[01x06] Monday, November 03rd: 653,000 viewers (+218,000)
[01x05] Monday, October 27th: 435,000 viewers (-163,000)
[01x04] Monday, October 20th: 598,000 viewers (-70,000)
[01x03] Monday, October 13th: 668,000 viewers (-6,000)
[01x02] Monday, October 06th: 674,000 viewers (-259,000)
[01x01] Monday, September 29th: 933,000 viewers