[01x08] November 17th, 2008

[01x08] November 17th, 2008

• Total voters
Here are the ratings for the whole season for those who are interested.

[01x08] Monday, November 17th: 662,000 viewers (+50,000)
[01x07] Monday, November 10th: 612,000 viewers (-41,000)
[01x06] Monday, November 03rd: 653,000 viewers (+218,000)
[01x05] Monday, October 27th: 435,000 viewers (-163,000)
[01x04] Monday, October 20th: 598,000 viewers (-70,000)
[01x03] Monday, October 13th: 668,000 viewers (-6,000)
[01x02] Monday, October 06th: 674,000 viewers (-259,000)
[01x01] Monday, September 29th: 933,000 viewers

So we'll call it a 650-ish overall.

It'll be interesting to see what TGUK rates on Monday.

The ratings for last couple of shows only went back up... a bit... once the highest rating show of the night, Border Security (YUCK!), finished its current series. The question is, would the TGA ratings plummet again once that was back on? I suspect they would and will.

As for possible replacement hosts, surely there must have been some other worthwhile options among the 4000 submissions? And I'd much rather see a new face than some hack from The Footy Show or Getaway. In fact, that would seal it for me. I'd give up on the show for good if they went for someone like that.

The other thing is, SBS should be focusing more on personality and natural charisma than worrying about trying to find anyone who can say "I'm a racing driver too!" I'd much rather be entertained by a non-racing driver who's genuinely funny than be bored to tears by an ex-racing driver and commentator who isn't funny at all.

And how did Warren become evil all of a sudden? Are YOU Glenn Ridge as well as Mr Vovo?

Maybe one of the mods/admins could check the IP addresses of Dave and Vovo. Wouldn?t be surprised if they?re on the same IP address, with said IP resolving to *.nine.com.au ?

Maybe one of the mods/admins could check the IP addresses of Dave and Vovo. Wouldn?t be surprised if they?re on the same IP address, with said IP resolving to *.nine.com.au ?

To paraphrase Life of Brian.

"I'm Glenn Ridge and so is my wife..."

I'm amazed at what people will neg rep you for on this site. And mostly anonymously too.

FYI: I've never actually repped anyone + or -, so you're taking shots an unarmed man.

Note to TGA, stop with the ridiculously long rants, nobody finds them funny and everyone loses interest very quickly. Also, stop with the WWTT board.

Love him or loathe him, but if it wasnt for Sam Newman the footy show wouldnt rate as well as it does, The footy show gets on average 1.071 million viewers a week.

Here are my reasons for selecting Sam Newman, Glen Ridge, and Shane Crawford

Why I would have liked to have seen Sam replace Cox, apart from his sense of humour and his reputation for being perhaps even more controversial than clarkson, Sam Newman can drive. He has raced Porsches competitively in the past. He has also owned several supercars, the latest being a Lamborghini Murcielago roadster. He is also one of very few people who can boast of driving in excess of 300kms an hour on Australian roads after taking his Lambo for a spin on one of the Northern Territories roads with no speed limits.

Glen Ridge would make a good foil for the other two presenters, and he has raced competitively in Rallies around Australia for over 10 years.

Shane Crawford has already developed an interesting history with Sam and can give as good as what he gets when it comes to making wisecracks. He may not have any driving pedigree but being a pro athlete he would have the hand/eye coordination required to be able to master the art of driving quickly.​

While a few people might be breathing a sigh of relief that I am not the producer, even if I was the above list would never happen, Sam Newman's salary alone would be almost as much as the current weekly budget of the show.

Anyone else got a wishlist of who they would like to see host the show? If so post them here with reasons for your choices.

But Dave...Sam is a GOOSE..haven't you noticed? as for Glenn being a foil for anyone or anything, I'd limit it to covering sausages on a Weber.

Dave is in front for the award for the loopiest lineup proposal so far...in order to beat him, I'd have to suggest Bert Newton, Rhonda Burchmore and Peter Costello.

Any challengers?

I'm amazed at what people will neg rep you for on this site. And mostly anonymously too.

FYI: I've never actually repped anyone + or -, so you're taking shots an unarmed man.

Well I don't have any reps anyhoo, and personally I find Mr Vovo's comments very entertaining. Long may he post. In fact he WAS the most negatively surprising person here until Dave2003 blew him out of the water with his Sam Newman suggestion...I'm still chortling over that one.

Anyone who thinks it's ok to drive a luminous orange cheese wedge into the Channel 9 carpark in Melbourne is a few bhajis short of an Punjabi picnic. Goose.