03:57 - 05:21 - R?yksopp - Eple
06:16 - 06:43 - Badmarsh & Shri - Mountain Path
11:44 - 12:10 - Badmarsh & Shri - Mountain Path
17:18 - 17:53 - The Prodigy - Narayan
18:13 - 18:23 - The Prodigy - Narayan
34:13 - 34:36 - Urchin - Unspoken
34:45 - 35:24 - Urchin - Unspoken
42:10 - 44:11 - Faithless - Tarantula

found by going to: www.extrememusic.com.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are a few to get this thread started... (times based on JW crappy quality 45 min rip but with the BBC2's originally intended music :) ) If anyone has a BBC2 version that is close to 60 min long.. let me know!

06:16 - 06:43 - Badmarsh & Shri - Mountain Path
11:44 - 12:10 - Badmarsh & Shri - Mountain Path
17:18 - 17:53 - The Prodigy - Narayan
18:13 - 18:23 - The Prodigy - Narayan
34:13 - 34:36 - Urchin - Unspoken
34:45 - 35:24 - Urchin - Unspoken
42:10 - 44:11 - Faithless - Tarantula

The torrent for the 60 min. version of this episode is up, so getting it shouldn't be a problem.

I would make a contribution to this thread, but I haven't a clue what any of the songs are (they're completely different from the ones listed above).

Okay, if the music is different than what I listed above then it is not the version i'm looking for. I'm trying to get the 60min BBC2 version w/ original music still intact. (in other words, the original broadcast) :)

Last edited:
Well, I'm looking for the music from the BBC Prime rip. :D

Maybe a separate thread is in order.

if anyone has any of the music to the segment with the golf R32 -focus RS-seat cupra R comparo, i would be VERY appreciative, theres a song i have been looking for forever..its a slow song, from memory comes in around 4:30 into the segment but dont quote me on that, sorry i cant be more specific but i dont have the ep and cant find that comparo on youtube or anything

look in the first post of the thread;
u can read there:
which covers your timestamp, is that song the one ur looking for?

oops sorry i should have mentioned ive already tried the songs and they arent it :( although eple IS a good song :))

the one im after is a slow song, and its used either during or JUST after he compares the R32 with the original gti...thanks for the assistance though

23:22 - 23:55 - unknown song
25:10 - 25:33 - same unknown song

It was used extensively in Season 1 and subsequent seasons of TG, and was also used on one of the episodes of Hogan Knows Best. Anyone have any idea what it is?

23:22 - 23:55 - unknown song
25:10 - 25:33 - same unknown song

It was used extensively in Season 1 and subsequent seasons of TG, and was also used on one of the episodes of Hogan Knows Best. Anyone have any idea what it is?
"Jive Turkey" by Phillmore Oakes (from Extreme Music's disc #63 "Funk")
The original broadcast used different music, later broadcasts used this production music.

"Jive Turkey" by Phillmore Oakes (from Extreme Music's disc #63 "Funk")
The original broadcast used different music, later broadcasts used this production music.

Wow, a response in less than two hours--I must applaud Final Gear's responsiveness and dedication to customer service! Thanks for your help.

I thought that when we got a torrent, we were downloading the original broadcast. Is that not true for the earlier episodes? Do they change the music for rebroadcasts because of royalties or some other reason?

I thought that when we got a torrent, we were downloading the original broadcast. Is that not true for the earlier episodes? Do they change the music for rebroadcasts because of royalties or some other reason?
Some rips are the original BBC2 broadcast, but if they say "BBC Prime" they are re-broadcasts. Top Gear did not have the budget that they have now, so the first two seasons have music changed on the BBC Prime versions. For Season 3 forward, it doesn't matter if you have a BBC Prime or an original BBC2 rip, the music is the same.

Last edited:
Anyone knows the song at 06:17 when Jezza is presenting the Volvo XC90? There's also at [01x05] 19:40 when Jason Dawe presenting Peugeot 206 and at [01x07] at 01:55 Richard presenting Saab

7:19, 21:05, 23:01 does anybody got any idea what song is that? i'm searching for weeks and still nothing.

Last edited:
Looking for name of song played SBS top gear s01e09 at 0:46:00 (hatchbacks start) nice chorus.

So, turns out SSReverb is correct. The song that's playing from 6:17 to around 12:00 is from extrememusic.com. I knew I'd heard it somewhere before! If you've ever watched the Adult Swim programming line up you will have heard this song. For those not familiar with Adult Swim, it's an American programming block on Cartoon Network that plays adult-oriented cartoons. http://www.bumpworthy.com/bumps/1840 That link will take you to one of Adult Swim's "bumps," where you can get the name of the song and artist, as well as watch a short video clip to confirm that this is the song you're looking for.

Looking for name of song played SBS top gear s01e09 at 0:46:00 (hatchbacks start) nice chorus.

I know I've heard this before...pry on another episode of Top Gear...anyone able to tag it? (please) ;)

If it's the jazz horn easy listening it's the show music mixers knock off of a Vangelis bit from Blade Runner I believe.