Votes: 13 15.3%

Votes: 18 21.2%

Votes: 6 7.1%

Votes: 4 4.7%

Votes: 2 2.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
My perception is it appears to have turned into more of a sitcom than the randomness they use to show. Most of the time when a segment starts you can pretty much figure out how it is going to end fairly quick. Using the same pattern episode after episode is getting old as well which is not helping loose the sitcom vibe. They also appear to be going through the motions in the tent sequences and during some of the shoots which does not help the show feel authentic what so ever.

I didn't like it much. 6/10

I found myself thinking "What a waste!" far more often than I ever did during TG's late high-budget years.
And honestly, as a side note, we don't need any more glorifying of weaponry and machines of war... We have enough of that everywhere already.
That is all...

Still doesn't explain the complaining if you're so aware of it

This is a forum to discuss the good and bad of the show. everything not liked about a show is complaining or whining? How so?

Besides a few posts I have seen, most of the criticism has been just and warranted...no need to defend the show from every post that that doesn't paint this as flawless. And why still watch it? Many viewers like me have spent years watching these 3 chaps and aren't about to quit watching immediately if it doesn't meet our expectations. And I am not the only one who believes that CHM (plus the production team) are capable of putting out better stuff than what we have seen.

so far 3/4 through the first series, there has been some good moments and bad for me. Enough good to keep me intrigued about what's next but nowhere near good enough to recommend this to someone (whether they are familiar with old TG and CHM's brand of humor or not).

I genuinely laughed out loud for quite a bit of it. I wish there were more car reviews but oh well, can't have it all.

This is a forum to discuss the good and bad of the show. everything not liked about a show is complaining or whining? How so?

Besides a few posts I have seen, most of the criticism has been just and warranted...no need to defend the show from every post that that doesn't paint this as flawless. And why still watch it? Many viewers like me have spent years watching these 3 chaps and aren't about to quit watching immediately if it doesn't meet our expectations. And I am not the only one who believes that CHM (plus the production team) are capable of putting out better stuff than what we have seen.

so far 3/4 through the first series, there has been some good moments and bad for me. Enough good to keep me intrigued about what's next but nowhere near good enough to recommend this to someone (whether they are familiar with old TG and CHM's brand of humor or not).

I'm not complaining about criticism. I'm only trying to understand the love-hate relationship some people seem to have with the show.

Somehow it doesn't get into my head why people complain about the same thing every single week, knowing perfectly well that it will not change in a way they like it more. So instead of complaining on the internet every single week about the very same things over and over again, I'd honestly had something better to do in my life...

And that is MY opinion ;)

Good start with the NSX segment, then it went downhill very far during the SUV segment, only to go bounce back to watchable in the prepper segment.

So instead of complaining on the internet every single week about the very same things over and over again, I'd honestly had something better to do in my life...
And that is MY opinion ;)
That's ironic, because you Sir, complain about the complaints every single week.

6/10 for me. The first third was alright. It was actually a lot funnier and better than I remembered it from filming. The rest of the show was mostly boring and pointless.

While I believe everyone is entitled to their opinion, I don't see how people could have disliked this one. This may be the best one yet. Well, ok - "the American" remains extremely annoying and Celebrity Brain Crash has become more and more pointless, but overall a consistently good episode.

I was particularly pleasantly surprised by the "Top Trumps (bug-out edition)" segment.

Last edited:
Mr Wilman! If you're reading this, I'll buy the excellent! I might even give ?4,001! I actually want an early v8 disco with an auto, this is perfect because the body won't rot.

Last edited:
Solid TopGear episode, 8/10. Pacing felt much better than previous episodes, good mix of films, the tent bits almost had a point.

I have to say that, so far, I have enjoyed it. The tent parts are improving, they have had some genuinely great films..Trinity, GT40 etc, I enjoyed Namibia, the cocking about is no more scripted than it was before. The only thing I would want them to is to tie in what they are doing with where they are ( which I realise is next to impossible with the way its put together).

So for, fo me, its like a decent Top Gear Series and a solid base for the rest of the episodes.

It's a pity they had two 'building' segments in one episode, since I'm not a fan of those. For balance, a stunt segment or something would be better. (They haven't done racing against climbers/bikers/skiers/etc this season if I remember correctly.)

A good show overall; I enjoyed James' NSX, was entertained by the daft bits and wasn't annoyed by the unnecessary ones. What more could I wish? Great!

Hopefully EPs 3 & 4 would remain the only weak ones.

Last edited:
As close to the old Top Gear as they've gotten yet- it seems to creep a bit closer with every passing week. Some good laughs and great filming- that'll do for me.

Nsx was a good review
Conversation street wasn't bad tbf.
Discovery superleggera!!!
MGD a bit stupid... The Excellent was, well excellent.
Ugh fuck me, celebrity shite again.
Please don't be a stupid segment...
:lmao: dammit, I laughed when Jeremy whipped out the machine gun.
That last van was cool.
"...anyway"

I liked this episode.

I really enjoyed various portions of the show :lol: The builds were great.

Clearly Clarkson is tired from his job and therefore deliberately makes bullshit like this. I wonder why Mr. Wilman considers it OK. And I agree that James May shoud do all car reviews. His GT40 film was brilliant!

And why does Mr. Wilman think that killing people on the show is funny? Yes, they are not allowed to do "star in a reasonably priced car" thing, but why not tell that at the beginning of the show instead of "killing" celebrities in every single episode??

Clearly Clarkson is tired from his job and therefore makes stupid stuff like this. I wonder why Mr Wilman thinks this is OK. And I agree that James May should do all car reviews. His GT40 film was brilliant!