[01x09] January 16th, 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quiky

Super relevant and trendy avatar
STAFF MEMBER
Tanner, Rutledge and Adam determine America's toughest truck in America's toughest state, Alaska.

Really looking forward to this episode.

Me too, although I'm kind of worried about it. The preview clips for the whole season made it look a bit campy. I wanted TGUK to do a 4WD challenge for the longest time and when they finally did it, it was absolutely epic. So I wonder how TG US will do it. A serious epic challenge? Or a bunch of campy jokes strung together?

That's true.

I also hope this isn't the only 4x4 challenge they do.

They need to do a cheap car challenge and either MOAB or the Rubicon Trail. (cheap Jeeps at rubicon anyone?)

any word on who the BSSC guest is. If not, I'm afraid we all know who it's gonna be (it is Alaska, after all).

any word on who the BSSC guest is. If not, I'm afraid we all know who it's gonna be (it is Alaska, after all).

Even though I've seen that the trip ends in/goes through
Wasilla
TLC is owned by Discovery, so I don't think we have to worry too much.

Wanna see a Nissan Titan or Toyota truck in this. And a Ford/Chevy Battle as well.

I'm pretty sure it's a Ford, a Dodge and a Chevy. Toyota didn't build a full size from the era that they bought their trucks from. (I think they are all late 70s and 80s trucks.)

Wow, probably be a good battle then. Although from managing an auto parts store, I've never seen anything but heartache and issues from Dodge trucks from the mid 1970s on. Chevy has a good engine setup for them if they can keep em running, but that time period had a lot of em down on power a lot, with iffy cooling and electrical components. Fords of that era were seriously built like boulders. Mebbe they didn't squeeze as much power out of em but they were damn near impossible to break. The resilience of the 300-6 is just stunning.
All in all it makes me miss my old early 70s Dodge Powerwagon. Was built for the army as a plow truck and had full-time AWD, a 7 speed and a modified 512.

Last edited:
Wanna see a Nissan Titan or Toyota truck in this. And a Ford/Chevy Battle as well.

the challenge is "America's toughest Truck", which means only Detroit's Big 3. Nissan or Toyota have nothing to do with this challenge.

i've been looking forward for this episode even before the show even premiered. for me, this either make or break the series and so far, this show is climbing higher each week.

the challenge is "America's toughest Truck", which means only Detroit's Big 3. Nissan or Toyota have nothing to do with this challenge.

i've been looking forward for this episode even before the show even premiered. for me, this either make or break the series and so far, this show is climbing higher each week.

Same, I'm really looking forward to this episode. I really hope they have some good challenges and destinations.

There is no BSSC guest on this episode. They mentioned to Brett Michaels that he was the last guest of the season.

The resilience of the 300-6 is just stunning.
Tell me about it. I happen to own one, and have had it for 13 years.....

If they do this challenge seriously, like the brazil TGUK trip, it should be great. If they do it more like some of the other stuff TGUS has done, it could be rather boring.....

Tell me about it. I happen to own one, and have had it for 13 years.....

If they do this challenge seriously, like the brazil TGUK trip, it should be great. If they do it more like some of the other stuff TGUS has done, it could be rather boring.....

On that note, I must say I enjoy the hooning. But I think top gears greatest moments are the ones where the presenters true character shines through, be it under stress or joy. That's one thing I loved about the brazil episode. It was very "real" feeling. I fear it's too early in TGUSA to hope for this, but if any episode can capture this, it's going to be this one. They could really have some epic challenges if they so desired.

Now is this going to be a test of sub $3000 beater trucks or is it going to be a new full-size comparison? I am hoping for some rusty old 80s and 90s trucks, not new "trucks".

Now is this going to be a test of sub $3000 beater trucks or is it going to be a new full-size comparison? I am hoping for some rusty old 80s and 90s trucks, not new "trucks".

n3ripy.jpg

:D

One of the trucks is actually from the 70's.

Status
Not open for further replies.