[01x12] January 27, 2017

[01x12] January 27, 2017

• Total voters
Rather enjoyed the main feature. It had 3 great cars, great banter, and, what I couldn't say about the previous one - some actual purpose.

The review was weird, the cinematography was all over the place, with some shots being boring and with awful filters, and others being usual artsy business. Didn't get the animal thing - was there a controversy they're poking fun at, or were they edgy just for the sake of it?

The conversation street was boring, and they should drop the running gag of Hammond being awkward when talking anything involving sex. I think that the biggest problem this show has is that they are trying to make their own running gags and doing that in a forced and hamfisted way.

7/10, mainly because the SUV movie was great, one of the best segments of the first season.

I thought they spent too much time dancing around the fucking joke but for the most part I enjoyed that episode. Not sure what the exploding animals was about but I suspect it was an elaborate ploy to used the animals were harmed title card at the end.

Finally the boys are back. Not perfect, but almost!

9/10

I think the exploding animals joke was more to do with the car being n/a and not forced induction like most manufacturers are doing to help save the planet ie the ecoboost line of motors from Ford.

Enjoyed that very much, Clarkson, Hammond and May doing what they do best, for me the whole series until now is a solid 9 not sure if this is the last one but I do expect there to be changes for season two.

I enjoyed that! I even got a few out-loud laughs from the schoolboy still residing in the back of my brain :tvhappy:

Not bad, finally the cars were the main focus throughout the episode. Was this the last episode of the season?

9/10. Back almost completely to TG form. The main film needs to be uninterrupted! I enjoyed the brief launch control segment. LOL and man, that Bentley is fucking amazing. Jag made a brilliant noise but I'm not so sure about the looks. The Range Rover was its usual brilliance but the Bentley is my choice.

No real complaints from me, enjoyed this one .

Edit, I take that back , my complaint is that is the second to last episode :( for this series/season

Why do the TG/GT guys always pretend that Range Rovers were better off road than all the others?

Why do the TG/GT guys always pretend that Range Rovers were better off road than all the others?

Patriotism. It's an British thing I suspect. They are brilliant off-road but there are other off-roaders which are equally as and in a few rare cases better than the Range Rovers. :) I'm sure Europeans are about to flood in telling me how wrong I am in 3, 2, 1...

If they can't be bothered, then neither can I.

I wouldn't call this a tour and it certainly wasn't grand.

It's like JC said: the Jag and the Bentley are based of road car platforms, while the Range Rover was designed to go off-road from day 1.

If you wanted to make it perfectly fair, you'd put Hammond in a Jeep Grand Cherokee and May in a Mercedes G-Class, and send the lot to Montana in the dead of winter.

Why do episodes like the one from last week when they can do this? Fantastic!

Patriotism. It's an British thing I suspect. They are brilliant off-road but there are other off-roaders which are equally as and in a few rare cases better than the Range Rovers. :) I'm sure Europeans are about to flood in telling me how wrong I am in 3, 2, 1...
Which off-roaders with the luxury and speed of the Range Rover are you thinking of?