[01x13] February 3, 2017

[01x13] February 3, 2017

• Total voters
I wasn't that excited but it was OK. Just one note: the window SHOULD have been cleaned by May and Ricciardo together! :)

On the other hand, it can be seen that the show was improving (despite the shows weren't presented in the same order as they were recorded) and they all seemed more comfortable.

Also this time I noticed more Top Gear names in the credits than usual...

Was James's "Oh Cock" at the end of the i3 v Golf segment the first one of the series? I can't recall another one. :D

Apparently the leftovers are better than the main course in TGT. Anyway, I did laugh to tears on the James segment. The electric car thing was spot on (sort of), it is still miles away from being perfect, but at least we are on the course. The dorifto piece was a bit overworked, but overall the episode was good. Felt like they weren't trying to mash one long film into a show, but a cleverly pieced puzzle. 10.

Good show I like James May to me he is the smarter of the three.
The programs he dose without Pinkie & Perky entertaining and informative.
I did not waste my time watching him fall over in mud the opening naff credit's was enough.
7/10 for the rest.

Really good. Lots of stuff in a single episode. No lame attempts at comedy. Just having fun.

Taking the i3 on a long drive is of course typical Clarkson-anti-electric nonsense. People buying an i3 know its limits. With its 22 kWh battery, it clearly isn't state of the art. The Chevrolet Bolt (60 kWh) would have made the 200 miles. A Tesla S would have made it easily and would have won the drag race.

You can also buy 3 GTI's for 1 Tesla S.

Last edited:
Really good. Lots of stuff in a single episode. No lame attempts at comedy. Just having fun.

Taking the i3 on a long drive is of course typical Clarkson-anti-electric nonsense. People buying an i3 know its limits. With its 22 kWh battery, it clearly isn't state of the art. The Chevrolet Bolt (60 kWh) would have made the 200 miles. A Tesla S would have made it easily and would have won the drag race.

But then the segment would've been over in two minutes ... it's television after all

Apparently the leftovers are better than the main course in TGT. Anyway, I did laugh to tears on the James segment. The electric car thing was spot on (sort of), it is still miles away from being perfect, but at least we are on the course. The dorifto piece was a bit overworked, but overall the episode was good. Felt like they weren't trying to mash one long film into a show, but a cleverly pieced puzzle. 10.

I'm confused, you say "it is still miles away from being perfect", and then give it a perfect score of 10/10. How does that work? :p

I'm confused, you say "it is still miles away from being perfect", and then give it a perfect score of 10/10. How does that work? :p

Because the rest of the show makes up for it.

You can also buy 3 GTI's for 1 Tesla S.
Neh, only about two. ? 36.000 for the GTI (according to the film), ? 73.000 for the S 75D.

I already mentioned the S would beat its direct rivals as well.

I'd be much more interested in the Bolt against the GTI. I guess the GTI would still be slightly better. But at this rate, things will be different in a few years. Battery density doubled in ten years. Another ten years and all day long driving without charging will be possible.

9/10...Probably my favorite episode so far. Even celebrity brain crash was kind of funny (although I seriously hope they ditch it next series). Couple that with no American, actual genuine moments of humor and a lack of forced comedic bits and you have a very solid episode. Even if it was just the leftover films, I thought they were all very solid. Good way to end this series and on to season 2!

I already mentioned the S would beat its direct rivals as well.

The only thing the Tesla has as a trump card, is its massive acceleration. But if you use that too much, it will also drain your battery very quickly. And the only scenario where a Tesla would beat its competitors in a race, would be a short race, say 300 km.

But people who buy large luxury barges, usually don't do short trips. If you were a business man and wanted to drive from Berlin to Munich, you wouldn't wanna have a Tesla, believe me. Would be interesting to know, though, how far you can get in a Tesla Model S at Autobahn speed, which for business men here is something between 160 and 200 kph.

Are we flying into the sun? That is going to have me laughing on my next flight.

I would like to see the smiley race car guy take over for the American. Daniel somebody?
(Brain still doesn't work right)

I just went back and watched all the behind the scenes videos on the xray thing. I would like to see a lot more of those.

Solid episode....this felt like, dare I say it, like proper classic TopGear, every segment was entertaining in its own way, nothing to big or spectacular but fun, and even the drifting thing felt like it had a purpose, banter was unforced and funny, James falling over :lol:
Loved it, maybee it's just because the rest of TGT was rather unfamiliar, lacking something somehow, but this one felt like it was all back, weirdly it seemed like they needed a season to find their footing, I quess we will know next season.
Only thing that could make even more 'classic' was a proper single car review but there are only 60 minutes in an hour, and I'm not even gonna mention celebrity brain crap anymore...

9/10

Last edited:
I fucking love Jezza and Jimmy segments.
It's gonna be bullshit isn't it?
Fuck me, you can get a Golf R for that?
Ugh here we go. <_<
14 year old reused-jokes, awesome.
James didn't make it, I'm fucking shocked.
That looks like the worlds most boring activity.
Fuck me, not one person likes this celeb shit.
Dammit, I laughed at the fan death. :(
Wowzers, Veyron... please win this you beautiful bastard.
I'm genuinely excited.
Hmmm, it was the base model...
That no armed drifter. Wow.

Fantastic episode

Last edited:
Best of the series. Doesn't mean it's amazing, just better than the others.