[01x13] February 3, 2017

[01x13] February 3, 2017

• Total voters
8/10.

It's coming good. I'd be interested to see what segments don't make it to S2.

Bye bye CBC, it's transparent that they hate it themselves.

Best episode of the series. 8/10

The electric car review was very unfair and biased of course. The i3 isn't any good at traveling across the country. That's not what it was made for. It was made to be a commuter vehicle that you charge up at home (and maybe at work) and then keep it in its accessible range. And it's pretty good at that.
But then of course, you certainly can't expect a fair electric car review from The Grand Tour.

I didn't expect to like the drift-segment, but I did. It was quite entertaining. And I think Hammond did allright, up to the point of his spin.

The winching segment... I think the bigges fault with this "send James to do stuff he doesn't like" is the introduction of the segment. If there was any point to it, I'd probaly like it more.

Shame they didn't have a Veyron SS. Maybe Porsche didn't want to race that?

I have to say this one was really good. Liked almost all of it. Less cringe and more flow than most episodes. 9/10
Credit where credit is due, the guys even somewhat acknowledging the brillance of french people was refreshing. Shows they still got it on a good day.

8/10. Loved the episode apart from the mud racing bit. Really enjoyed the Golf GTI vs BMW i3 race. Perfect balance of information and entertainment. But I felt it was unfair to the i3 as its not made for highway trips, its made for short city trips (which it is good at). The 918 vs Veyron race was cool but too short. Being Dubai, the capital of ballers in hypercars, I wish there were more supercars in this segment. The drifting film was brilliant as well. The cinematography was superb and watching those cars was like eye candy!

Last edited:
Got back from my holiday and finally watched it... I thought this was either the best or second best ep of the show so far. I liked how nothing really dragged on, crisp and clean. I was a little perturbed that the Veyron wasn't even in 'super speed' mode as the giant back wing was still up and out... but I suspect that it would have either been too close to call or beaten the Porsche outright had they closed the wing down, and that would look kind of eggy on Porsche having their prize supercar being beaten by a decade old 'last generation' top of the pops.

But minor 'spoiled result' (like the Lotus vs Mustang on the never otherwise used 'short circuit' back in TG, or the tiny motorbike vs the 1st Ariel atom) the episode was really enjoyable. That's definitely a re-watch.

I just watched the latest season of Top Gear, and I can't believe what I'm about to say.
Season 24 of Top Gear is so much better than The Grand Tour. Even one single segment of this season's of Top Gear is miles ahead of what the entire Grand Tour was.
The cinematography, the writing, the reviews, the cars, the humor, the soundtrack, the dialog, the setting, the challenges, every single aspect is so much better.
Even though I don't really like the hosts for Top Gear (Thank God, whatever his name is gone), I enjoy them.

I like Jeremy, James and Richard, but if they don't turn it up with next season then they're over.
Drop The American, drop the unfunny tasteless jokes, drop Celebrity Brain Crash, drop all the phony acting.
And make a good product because they've been beaten by almost totally unknown newcomers.

Last edited: