[02x01] December 8, 2017

[02x01] December 8, 2017

• Total voters
Just stopped watching the episode and it was better than I expected. The trio worked better in studio imho and also the whole past, present, future segment was good (almost TG good). Some segments were bit too long but this is a great start for the season honestly and now i'm having high hopes. Last season wasn't bad but it wasn't extremely good either. Now it feels more like the old TG and in my opinion that's better.

Great episode. Haven't laughed like that in ages! The wife loved it too. Frankly the only thing that let it down was the celebrity F off. While I like the idea since it is basically a celebrity lap thing the choice is car was putrid--not because it was specifically a Jag either because I like Jags. That Jag was slow and just felt out of place. Not knowing a lot about Jaguar's power trains I turned to my wife and said: "something's off with that Jag, it sounds like a shitty 4cyl". She agreed and asked if they don't do V8's anymore. I thought maybe they put the supercharged 6cyl in it and it just sounded bad on camera so I looked it up and wow a 4cyl turbo? In a Jag? Blasphemy. I almost deducted a point from my score just for that abomination. Fucking disgusting to see a 4cyl anything in a Jaguar.

Also note, those of you who are clamoring on about forced humor and such just sit back and enjoy watching these three blokes do their thing. Who knows how much longer they will.

There are reasons why Jaguar's sales are way down and their core customers have left, JCE. You just found some of them.

Spectre;n3541926 said:
There are reasons why Jaguar's sales are way down and their core customers have left, JCE. You just found some of them.

That's disappointing. I always had respect for Jaguar and loved their engines and styling.

JCE;n3541950 said:
That's disappointing. I always had respect for Jaguar and loved their engines and styling.

So did we, the core customers. :p

Also, if you missed it, Der Stig and CrazyJeeper now own the 1995 XJR with manual transmission that's floating around in the FG family. I'm sure they'd let you take it for a spin if you ask them. :D

Spectre;n3541954 said:
So did we, the core customers. :p

Also, if you missed it, Der Stig and CrazyJeeper now own the 1995 XJR with manual transmission that's floating around in the FG family. I'm sure they'd let you take it for a spin if you ask them. :D

I bet that thing is a riot! If I ever am able to get to another DFW meet I'd love to check it out. I like XJR the best out of the line up.

It was...better than expected. Claiming a 5-star hotel with a wine fridge for each appartment is some detox hell with only salad put me off a lot (again) because it is just so unnecessary, but it was filmed well and the pacing was right. Would have loved to get a but more insight on that NSX though, it felt like it was just there because well, they needed a third car and they didn't really care about it. 6.5 or 7 out of 10. Let's make it 7 I guess.

I liked it, mostly. The gravel track thing is way too new Top Gear. And, to be clear, the dirt part of the track in Chris Evans' Top Gear (I haven't watched any of the newer shows without him) was one of the worst parts of that show. If the track legitimately isn't finished, that's okay, but if you want the guests to do an off-road course, just have them do an entire off-road course. I'll give it an 8 out of 10.

This is like Home Alone 7.

At places so cringeworthy that I can barely force myself to watch it to the very end.

freefall;n3542064 said:
This is like Home Alone 7.

At places so cringeworthy that I can barely force myself to watch it to the very end.

I'm surprised - last series was truly painful through most of every episode, but I thought this first episode of series two was okay. Not great, but basically like the last seasons of CHM Top Gear.

No more 1080p for me. Jeremy is best viewed in lower resolutions. Don't smoke cigarettes, kids.

I skipped the celebrities playing in rocks. Enjoyed everything else. Love these dudes. 8/10.

No more 1080p for me. Jeremy is best viewed in lower resolutions. Don't smoke cigarettes, kids.

I skipped the celebrities playing in rocks. Enjoyed everything else. Love these dudes. 8/10.

James too. Don’t drink and smoke excessively basically.