[02x02] July 31st, 2011

[02x02] July 31st, 2011

• Total voters
Am I the only one who was a bit disappointed to see a rare VW caddy destroyed just for a few laughs?

Yes. They were terrible.

That occurred to me, since I was raised in the Philly area, where my city friends didn't have or need cars, but he said in the segment he grew up in Long Island, where you would need a car, as opposed to Manhattan. They also introduced the segment saying that all three got their first cars in high school. Like I said, it was probably just a screw up with the writers not really paying attention.

Yeah, they screwed up somewhere.

Of course, if you had friends or family with cars on Long Island, you didn't exactly need one of your own, per friends that have lived there.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who was a bit disappointed to see a rare VW caddy destroyed just for a few laughs?

Yes.

Did that corvette have full slicks on for the lap or is it just the tread getting blurred out on the SD encode?

I just watched the Ferarri vs Corvette. That was a perfect segment. As good as the UK in terms of look and feel. And they reintroduced the stig with as much flamboyance as it deserves!

They are definitely putting a unique spin on things and not just reusing old TGUK setups which is great. And here I was thinking Killer Kars had finally gone extinct and were just a bad memory. Guess it could have been worse, "your challenge is to make your Kar cool". K on 20's with flames?

The Vettte vs Ferrari was a bit bland? Like both cars but this was sort of a non event. Don;t know why but it just "wasn't".

I've never watched Pawn Stars, so the interview was a little bit lost on me. The rest of the episode though, oh my. All of the segments were entertaining. Overall, by far the best episode of TGUS so far and isn't put to shame by its parent series either. Thumbs, and toes up.

50mph/ish crash

50mph/ish crash

That crash wasn't equivalent of a 50mph since one force eliminates another, but, the crx wasn't going on the opposed direction, that's the second reason why it got totaled, the first was due being between both cars.

about the rest, they spent too much time with bla bla bla and not so much with cars.

final comment, I HATE GoPro on real pro things, like tv shows, use some real camera, with 3 CCDs. use that money u have!

final comment, I HATE GoPro on real pro things, like tv shows, use some real camera, with 3 CCDs. use that money u have!

So what? TGUK use them. Those GoPros get comparable image quality to Canon DSLRs, they're inexpensive and mount pretty much anywhere. Good luck getting a big 3CCD broadcast quality camera to sit ontop of a car at high speeds and not have to worry about bashing them up in accidents!

Not bad, 8 for me.

Wished they would do more challenges with older cars like the "first car" piece.

"over 31 Formula1 titles"
if you had "The right stuff",you had a Stingray
giant mini-me
this is a cassette player...they had these before ipods
kid,get out now!every instinct that tells you to dress like him

Overall It was Okay.

Bad:
Still needs Work. The chemistry is starting to Build however I still find Rutledge Kind of annoying...but still he can be funny. The First Car Segment was good but I wish there was more to it as well as the ZR1v458 Segment. The interview and lap was way to rushed and they need to work on their interviewing skills with more thought out questions. Anyone Notice that they were pretty uncomfortable in the interview? Also The crash really was not that clear, NO slow motion or anything?

Good:
I enjoyed the ZR1 Vs 458 Segment. The 458 in the warehouse was awesome! Reminded of Batman Begins with the Tumbler. Go Vette! Tray Doughnuts were awesome lol.

7/10.

Last edited:
This was actually pretty good episode.
It exceeded my expectations, and had a few funny parts.

I liked the Stig jumping from the C130, that was unique and funny.

Funniest part of the show: When Adam said, "When the rich kids went away, that's when we would steal their cars."
I know I knackered that quote, but I actually laughed out loud for that one :lol:

I still think that Tanner should be the leader of the "crew" and I'm still not sure that Adam and Rut belong on the show

I don't understand why the Pawn Stars were the SIARPC.
I wouldn't consider them "Stars" or "Big Stars."
Just because the title of their show has "Stars" in it doesn't make them famous.

I also think the TGA test track can be much better than it is.
I don't like it at all

I voted 7/10

Last edited:
Just because the title of their show has "Stars" in it doesn't make them famous.

Um . . . Pawn Stars happens to be a History Channel series. Cross promotion.

They're about the same level as Discovery Channel's Mythbusters, or the Jersey Shore kids, or the Deadliest Warrior evaluation team.

1. Pawn Stars is a History Channel show, so it is natural for History to promote it on another History show.

2. Pawn Stars is currently the highest rated show on ad supported cable television in the United States. The Nielsen ratings report 6,995,000 viewers for July 26, 2011.

To put in perspective, The O'Reilly Factor is the highest rated news program on cable with 3,240,000 viewers on the same night. Fox News pays Bill O'Reilly $10 million per year, so it is easy to understand why Chumlee drives a Maserati and why he and Rick appeared on Top Gear America.

Pawn Stars is NOT on the same level as Mythbusters which reported 1,775,000 viewers on July 22, 2011.

Pawn Stars' audience is four times larger than Mythbusters'.

Last edited:

Yes. They should have involved fire in some way, as well.

Pawn Stars is NOT on the same level as Mythbusters which reported 1,775,000 viewers on July 22, 2011.

Pawn Stars' audience is four times larger than Mythbusters'.

Yeah, Mythbusters may seem popular, but it's more like a cult favourite overall.

Last edited:
Overall it was an enjoyable episode. I didn't even know there were VW Rabbit mini trucks! I'm sure it is horrible but I kinda want one now.

Cool challenge and I love the no studio intro.
Tray sliding, there's something I haven't seen on the internet in about 8 years.
Whats with the Vaseline soft focus?
Where was Rutledge with the supercar?
The supercar cinematography was fantastic.
"Molten lava" Which is lava? :blink:
That was a Fast and Furious drag race, 30 seconds edited to 15 minutes. :lol:
Tanners track voiceover is awful.
Rutledge Jr. :lol:
"I'm gonna be honest, we're probably not gonna win."

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/as/astonmartin/2011/08/01/hthth.jpg

The CRX took the full force of two cars.
Great episode a solid 8.

Last edited: