[02x03] August 7th, 2011

[02x03] August 7th, 2011

• Total voters
The "BEST" (couldn't type that with a straight face) of AMC.

:lol: Love it! Actually, they did have some good cars (or at least as good as anything else you could buy then), but their image as cheap and cheerful has kept them from being on anyone's list of old time performance cars I suppose.

The segment needs to start with Rut, Adam and Tanner head banging to Bohemian Rhapsody while riding around in an AMC Pacer. Cuz when you think AMC, that is pretty much the only thing that comes to mind really, apart from exploding Pintos.

Oh! Just as TGUK abuses the Morris Marina, TGUK should have a whipping car! I vote Pinto!

Last edited:
Bryan, you do know that the Pinto was a Ford, right?

Kansas. Yeesh.

The "BEST" (couldn't type that with a straight face) of AMC.

Hey now, I love my '69 Rambler, aside from getting no help from elitist AMC groups on swapping the wiper system it's an awesome cruising car. I do think an all-AMC segment would be cool just to see them rip into one part being from Ford, one from Chevy, one a copy but slightly tweaked from Dodge, etc.

A for 2x03, I enjoyed it, there was a great entertainment factor and just watching them dick around in the dualies was pretty great, I mean who hasn't wanted to try pulling down a house at some point? IMO some people on here get the elitist mindset and don't just watch to enjoy it, relax and have some fun with it.

And I want to make a GIF of Tanner doing the dualie donuts yelling "America!! F&*k Yeah!!"

...didn't the FinalGear crew already deem the Ford Tempo to be the US equivalent of the Marina? (They should, it was a pig miserable hunk of shit that deserves to be crushed under large heavy objects at every opportunity.)

No, we were split between the Pinto and the Prius.

Kansas. Yeesh.

Ugh. Yeah, I did know that, but obviously forgot. Apologies. The saddest part? The car my parents owned when I was born was a Pinto. Again, apologies for that stupid mistake.

@Tromoly: My dad owned two Ramblers and loved them both. But they were also the only cars he's ever wrecked (incidentally, the only marks on my dad's driving record in 50+ years of driving).

Also, it was determined that Pintos didn't explode any more than any other car of their era. Over 2 million were built and sold and only 27 of them were known to burn down, which is a better record than most of our favorite supercars. ;)

Ferrari-360-fire-01.jpg

I know it's been two weeks since this episode but... 6/10
Once again feels too set up. In the Alaska episode Adam was in the Ford, Tanner in the Chevy and Rut in the Dodge. Now suddenly they had a change of heart in what they are partial to. But Tanner did mention he owned a couple HD Fords.
Stupid drag race - It's an HD truck challenge at least tow something while drag racing.
WOW how do you prove power, oh yeah do a burn out.
I did like the escape ramp challenge, still think they should have had been hauling something, at least payload wise.
Pulling challenge felt lame, I was more impressed by Tanner pulling that train than Ruts telephone pole or Adams house.
And no clear winner. just another bickering contest at the end.

8/10 from me, something about Rutledge saying "Chevy!" after pulling down the poles made me cry with laughter. x.x (Why the V6 version of the Ram? Was there a V8 available? o_O)

Why the V6 version of the Ram? Was there a V8 available?

It's a straight 6 actually, the Cummins Turbo diesel, Dodge's HD engine of choice since the V-10 is no longer available. It's about 4 years old now, the oldest design of the three (the Ford and Chevy motors are only about a year or so old). The Ram 3500 comes standard with the 5.7L V-8 gasoline engine, but the diesel is definitely more powerful. Incidentally, it is 6.7L in displacement, the same roughly as the Chevy and Ford diesels; the Dodge and Chevy engines produce about the same amount of horsepower, but a new design and better engine management mean that the Ford produces about 50 horsepower more than their rival's engines.

@nerfherder: I thought the train tow was the weakest part of the pull challenge. As I posted previously, the new Ford Ranger has done the same thing (different train though), and Dodge used the same challenge in their Dakota adverts from the 80s. Pulling a train on a track (where it already rolls) shouldn't be that hard for a HD truck like that Ford.

Last edited:
5 for me.

Rutledge, get your facts straight. The current Presidential Limo is based on the GMC Kodiak/Topkick platform, not the Silverado.

Loved the Rallyfighter vs. Airboat. Rest of the episode is meh.