[02x05] August 21st, 2011

[02x05] August 21st, 2011

• Total voters
More facepalm than lulz for rut's choice. The other two were alright but more explanation about the Chevuar would have been good. Also, Hot Lap for the GT2RS and serious discussion of what really makes a luxury car fit for the hamptons would have been good.

wow, loved this episode!

Funny Lines
Great dream car challenge
I love that they don't just state the obvious as much anymore "We're driving to our next challenge... we arrived at our next challege... we finished our latest challenge" DUH We see that, but they didn't do that as much this time, but rather had something more entertaining to say!
I think they're much more comfortable now as hosts and the chemistry between the 3 is now much better.

9.5/10 for me since Porsche wasn't lap tested, but 10 otherwise :)

You insensitive bastard! You forgot Cameraman's Curve, named in honor of all the cameramen they expect to lose throughout the shows history.

I'm really more desensitized than anything. And how did you know I was born out of wedlock? :D

Yeah, I forgot about Cameraman's Curve. Which one was that again? Hard to tell it from all of the other bastard corners. And were they expecting to lose those cameramen through simple employment attrition because the SIARPC hasn't been particularly dangerous. They need to bring in a star with nothing to lose, like Lyndsay Lohan, who might also be on crack and let them wreck. Remember, there is no such thing as bad press!

The show is called "Top Gear" so I gave it a 7 if it had been named anything else I'd give it a 9.

No stig, no power lap and the voice over for the BSSC lap very disapointing. Otherwise the rest of the show was great. I still get the feeling that with the TGUS episodes that the BSSC the driver gets no instruction on how to get the best lap time. Is this supposed to be a different formula? Is it to show just how bad a driver they really are? I'm ok with them being introduced outside at the car and all that but it reminds me more of Jay Leno's bit on his old show where he had a star drive the electric car around his goofy track.

Use Megaupload (or something similar). Upload it there and share the link in the appropriate thread in the Video Offers section.

ok.Thank you!

does anyone know what airstrip they were at in long island?

Almost certainly Calverton. Runway 5/32 is shut down, and that is very likely the one they used.

As to the lack of a track time with the GT2, I suspect they simply didn't have enough time to do it in the time slot. Between doing a lap and making the LA sequence longer, I'm glad they did the latter.

Last edited:
Wow, I really loved this episode. The GT2 RS film was fantastic! All you guys bitching about the lack of the Stig and a powerlap and I didn't even notice that they were missing, to be honest. I really don't care about the Stig anymore. Maybe they did put in a power lap, but didn't have time to show it. Maybe we'll just see it on the big list the next time we see it. Who knows?

But anyway, the cheap car challenge was pretty good. Even though Rut's choice was a bit strange, it actually made the 3 cars very interesting. Tanner had a Jag with a Chevy motor. Adam had a bone stock Rolls. And Rut had a Ferrari replica. That's an interesting line up. I enjoyed the segment. The cocking about was minimal, with only 1 intentional bump, iirc. Even the final challenge wasn't that bad and the cars survived largely intact.

This was the first BSSC segment that I actually enjoyed. I agree with some about the voice-over of the lap, but I thought Adam does a much better job than any of the others at interviewing guests. He just seems more comfortable, natural, and honest up there.

9/10. I would have given it a 10, but I think TGUS could do better. Just gotta wait and see.

Gave it a 7 solely because of the stupid move by Rutledge to buy that stinking Kit-car.

Other than that I found the episode really entertaining, I wish I was drifting in the city at night.:cry:
And oh yeah, skipped the guest again because of lack of knowledge. Shame I don?t watch that many U.S TV-shows.

And oh yeah, skipped the guest again because of lack of knowledge. Shame I don?t watch that many U.S TV-shows.

You've just caused the Doctor Who Provisional Army to put you on its death list for calling Torchwood a "US show". They may spare your life because it's now a US co-production, though.

Torchwood spoiler below

I just wonder why BBC/Starz sent the actress of the character who the show already killed off? She's not in it anymore, since a week or 2.

Is there a trick to watching this Ep? I usually DL the SD versions to save time, but since this is only available in HD at this point. I have DL'd it and tried to watch it in Divx and Media player. Any suggestions.

Thanks!:cool:

Didn't Tanner say all the GT2RS' have been sold? Well don't fret. Looking through September's Dupont Registry there is a a few for sale in there. But even better there is an FXX in there!!!!!

the gt2 rs downtown closure was the first time i got that "damn, that's cool" feeling from TGUS. respect and hope for more in the future.