[02x05] August 21st, 2011

[02x05] August 21st, 2011

• Total voters
No joke... she was the only highlight of the show however...

Personally, I got a semi with this episode. Torchwood: Deep Space Nine!

I gave it a 6. Highest I've ever given a TGUS episode. Still think fat-glasses-dude is retarded. But anyways.

Now where is my $5000 1970s Roller?

I found a std rip of the eps

Top.Gear.US.S02E05.Luxury.Car.Challenge.HDTV.XviD-EMBER.avi

The high def only works on my computer. The avi works on my xbox...

I watched it and it works. Please let the powers that be know so they can include the std def link for this eps.

Thanks

nothing really

nothing really

I gave it a 9, downing it for no Stig lap in the 911 (which seems to be a common complaint here). The cheap car challenge, while amusing in places, was for me let down by Rut's choice of a kit car r/t buying an actual high-end car. What, no old Cadillac Limos for sale?

What I did like:
1) The 911 film was epic (though I really didn't need to see Tanner's tongue so much; I'll let the Hot Asian Chick be the sole enjoyer of that...). Like someone above said, it felt very Fast & Furious, and was definitely not something that we've seen from TGUK before. Will the British constables not shut down a couple of city blocks for them to film?

2) I actually liked the BSSC/SIARPC of this episode. The guest was very vivacious and really seemed to enjoy it. I would have appreciated the map of the track at the bottom of the screen to show progress because I haven't yet got the track memorized. Also, they need to start applying better names to portions of the track to familiarize the viewers with where the camera view is; apart from The Teardrop, there really isn't a landmark on the track.

3) I thought the electromagnet idea was brilliant, as good as the filling-it-with-water idea, though less visually stimulating (probably why Tanner threw the can at it). But when something came off, it By God came off!

I agree with you, apart from that, all of them are 10 to me! man, do you have any idea about a season 4?

4) Adam did get some awesome lines ("because he has a small penis!" :lol: )

But back to a familiar gripe: GIVE US MORE STIG!! I really don't understand (apart from time constraints) why they don't use the Stig more. His appearance is iconic and guaranteed to sell t-shirts, coffee cups and calendars. I love the outdoor studio, but we no longer even get to see the Stig on the wall to remind us he exists. In an era when merchandising a show can potentially be much bigger business than mere advertising revenues, I just cannot understand how the producers could leave out the most merchandising-friendly aspect of the Top Gear franchise.