[02x06] August 28th, 2011

[02x06] August 28th, 2011

• Total voters
I'm beginning to like TG:US more than the last two series of TG:UK.
The CTS-V review was good, and while the cheap car challenges are getting a bit dull this one was overall good, I will always approve of a 400,000+ Crown Vic, those things are tanks. I also liked how Ferrara broke into Fousts car.

STOP THE CHEAP CAR CHALLENGES ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please please please please stop the cheap car challenges!

As much as they are trying to distance themselves from TGUK they sure seem to just copy a lot of their episodes. I keep trying to enjoy it but this season has just been awful.

Thought it was a good show, challenge was interesting and gave me a few laughs. The CTS review was great.
One thought, Glad that TGUS is on the History Channel and I get it in HD, unfortunately when I watch TGUK it is on BBC America and there is no HD BBCA on Uverse.

Hey, did anyone else notice the 'estimated fuel economy' readout on the CTSV's instrument panel during Rut's review? It said "1 mpg"! Now that is awesome!

That is normal for a V-8 anything if you flog it hard.

Hey, did anyone else notice the 'estimated fuel economy' readout on the CTSV's instrument panel during Rut's review? It said "1 mpg"! Now that is awesome!
That was "Instantaneous Fuel Economy." If you watch the fuel economy gauge on any car that has an instantaneous one, you'll see it drop down into the single digits while accelerating away from a stop, then rise again when you settle down to a steady speed. It's just the nature of the beast, because you're making a lot of power to accelerate, whereas the engine's loafing along in steady-speed cruise (usually between 20 and 40 hp needed to maintain 70 mph in a big American car).

It's like how NASCAR machines, before switching to E15 this year, got about 4 mpg under green-flag conditions, but roughly 20 mpg under caution, or the Prius-versus-M5 economy race in TGUK. They were showing the gauge when Rut was doing a drag race launch with his foot on the floor; of COURSE it's going to show fuel consumption that might be better measured in gallons per mile.

They were showing the gauge when Rut was doing a drag race launch with his foot on the floor; of COURSE it's going to show fuel consumption that might be better measured in gallons per mile.

:nod: at its maximum power output and 20% efficiency it would need to burn about 240l per hour. At that time he was doing maybe 50km/h, so it's more 0.5mpg that 1.0 :lol:

If you watch the fuel economy gauge on any car that has an instantaneous one, you'll see it drop down into the single digits while accelerating away from a stop, then rise again when you settle down to a steady speed.

Thanks guys, but I know all this. I simply meant (and said) that it is awesome!!!

The only thing I have to say is that a Merc, in the United States, is a Mercury. Tanner got it wrong.

* Rutledge, you admitted you flipped cars back in the day. So explain to me why you failed in the car dealer challenge back in Season 1? Lost your edge? Also, are you a closet furry? Gators.....not too common in the Furry Fandom.
* The challenge was.....interesting. I knew from the start the Crown Vic would beat both, short of something catastrophic happening.
* Tanner, if your gonna be a germaphobe, get the right mask. Russian gas masks (A Russian/German M-10-M Protective Mask to be exact) is rubbish. Only good for satisfying a latex or gas mask fetish.
* Rut failed in the review and the interview. Ugh, advanced thru those parts.....

I liked it but, I skipped both BSSC and the CTV wagon bit. I hate Cadillacs. They all look like they're designed with a ruler and it has a corvette motor. Whats the point? If I wanted a corvette, I'd buy one. What ever happened to Caddy's Northstar? 4.6L and 300HP!!

I really liked this cheap car segment. For once, Adam didn't kill his Ford.

Personally I love the cheap car challenges. It's always fun to see cars you'd actually see on the road being tested. I knew the Crown Vic would win. Those things are tanks. My family has a 94 Grand Marquis with 200k on it, runs like a top....less dirty thankfully. I do like that reviews are coming back.

CTS-V review was great, especially since it featured the three body styles...love the wagon. I wish TG UK would give the CTS-V a proper review as well.

The presenter's personalities are really showing through now, and the chemistry is good as well. They look like they're genuinely having fun.

I like all of the presenters but Adam takes the cake for having funny one-liners.

9/10 for me.

I like all of the presenters but Adam takes the cake for having funny one-liners.

He was the weakest point in season one, but he`s probably my favourite presenter now.