[02x07] September 4th, 2011

[02x07] September 4th, 2011

• Total voters

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Please stay on-topic by discussing the episode and not any torrent.

Really good episode. Rehashed some ideas and made it their own, however, the flow of the segments were a bit odd. Jumping around through real track vs Forza 4 track didn't make much sense. Either way 8/10 for me.

Yeah, quite a good episode. Loved the drifting stuff. I wish they had made that slightly longer at a cost of a little bit of the Forza stuff. :lol:

Absolutely wonderful episode. They changed the borrowed sections enough to make them not feel like repeats. I'm used to nice, warm, low rez/low frame rate videos that I get from the torrents on here, so watching on TV made it a little odd, but even that didn't stop it from being one of my favorite TopGear episodes. It will definitely see a lot of replay action whilst I wait eagerly for season 3.

As for the Forza 4 stuff, definitely a lot of product placement, I really don't like it, unless it actually reduces ad time, but it didn't. It felt like they just added product placement for more money (what assholes they are for wanting money) without reducing the ad time to make up for it. The actual episode of TopGear was quite good though.

Last edited:
I enjoyed it too, wished they had the Stig take the Audi R8 and the Lexus LFA around the test track though. I think time constraints prevented them from getting lap times for these two cars. Tanner's Fiesta is one of a kind and should not be on the lap board IMO. This episode also gets bonus points because they featured a 1992 TMC RTS bus (the orange ex-LAMTA bus)! I am a big fan of the RTS, best bus ever!

Bad form for not letting Stig take the Audi and Lexus. Could've cut the "Tanner bullying" abit.

Absolutely wonderful episode. They changed the borrowed sections enough to make them not feel like repeats. I'm used to nice, warm, low rez/low frame rate videos that I get from the torrents on here, so watching on TV made it a little odd, but even that didn't stop it from being one of my favorite TopGear episodes. It will definitely see a lot of replay action whilst I wait eagerly for season 3.

As for the Forza 4 stuff, definitely a lot of product placement, I really don't like it, unless it actually reduces ad time, but it didn't. It felt like they just added product placement for more money (what assholes they are for wanting money) without reducing the ad time to make up for it. The actual episode of TopGear was quite good though.

The reason why they should Forza 4 so much is because Forza 4 and Top Gear have a partnership. The game has Jeremy Clarksons, voice, Top Gear Car Soccer, Top Gear Challenges, and more. Thats the reason why they did the segment.

I gave it a nine. A nice change of pace from all the cheap car challenges they had from the past few episodes.

This episode got a 10 from me.

I think they've arrived. The Big Star/Small Car segment, though not all that impressive driving-wise, was really good. ...and not because of the girl, but because of her interaction with Rutledge and it seeming like a genuine and interesting conversation.

The segments with the 3 were fun and you could really see the guys getting along and enjoying what they do.

Nice job, TG:USA

I thought the Pick on Tanner episode was very entertaining. Thought the segment for setting the Indoor high speed record was great, Also enjoyed the "I dare you to Drift This" segment.

In the meantime, us outside the U.S are waiting impatiently for the episode to go online on the darker sides of the Internet :D

First 10 I've given them. Felt completely different than the UK. Sure some items were similar but the basis of trying to trump Tanner were all American. I'm glad they are showcasing that they actually have a legit driver as a host. Hopefully they do more eps like this one in the future.
Was this the first time they introduced the Stig as their 'game's racing driver?

isn't the Fiesta a EU-Spec vehicle?

otherwise the episode was entertaining :) but the Forza part looked like an ad right off

Despite the fact that Microsoft clearly paid for the "Forza" segment it was still very fun to watch. Even the BSSC bit was entertaining :D

My favorite part? Hearing the LFA's exhaust note just as Tanner is entering the hangar to meet with Rut and Adam. I could watch and listen to this car all day long and I don't care about whether or not its worth the money. If I had 350K in my account the LFA is what I would buy hands down.

10 !!! top gear UK who ?

great super car challenge LFA... the host are all in their stride.
nice hosting/interviewing by ruttledge... hot celebrity too...

isn't the Fiesta a EU-Spec vehicle?

The (normal) Fiesta is now available in the US, has been since last year, I think?

As for me, I enjoyed every moment of it. And now I suspect future guests will now be saying, "As long as I beat Bridget, I don't care what my time is!" ;) I kind of figured she'd end up at the bottom.

Forget the cars, I want that Forza setup. 6/10, however. I'm tired of the "Tanner as driving god" storyline already.

I loved it, gave it a 9 (minus one for no power lap of the R8 and LFA).

Good BSSC (hot guest, good interview, nice little joke: "this is not the first time you've made an old man happy.")

Neat drift challenges, something new there.

Not one mention that TGUK set the first record?! Could have been a nice in-your-face moment: "What do you think of that old man?!"

Can Tanner's Fiesta really go on the Power Lap board? Is it street legal? If so, where can I steal the money to buy one?

Forza was a nice twist on the old Clarkson segment. So Tanner, the LFA was the first Japanese supercar? I guess the Honda/Acura NSX that Clarkson used in his segment doesn't count?

Best of all, no cheap car challenge, and Stig was there! Throw in quick highlight laps of the LFA and R8, this would have been a 10. If Bridget Marquardt had driven topless, woulda gone all the way to 11...

They should have challenged Tanner to a beard-growing contest. ;P

I think this was the most american episode so far, the whole idea of beating Tanner was very fun. Although you could say they were using ideas from TG if you look at Tanner's career they were very logical. i also thought the episode was very suspenseful something I really haven't felt ever on the original TG. Because of this I gave it at 10. It wasn't perfect but it brought a lot of new things to the top gear legend.