[02x07] September 4th, 2011

[02x07] September 4th, 2011

• Total voters
Does anyone have any information on the xbox setups used? I've been toying with the idea of a racing seat/wheel mount for F1 2010 and Forza, and their stuff looked pretty nifty.

The controllers the were using was an Xbox wheel mounted in a nifty housing with a seat and TV. I took a seat out of a car from the junk yard made a mount for the wheel and pedals. I can plop it down in front of my 47" TV. I kept the seat track so I can adjust my seat to how ever I want it.

The controllers the were using was an Xbox wheel mounted in a nifty housing with a seat and TV. I took a seat out of a car from the junk yard made a mount for the wheel and pedals. I can plop it down in front of my 47" TV. I kept the seat track so I can adjust my seat to how ever I want it.

Post some pics Herc! Let us see!

The Big Star/Small Car segment, though not all that impressive driving-wise, was really good. ...and not because of the girl, but because of her interaction with Rutledge and it seeming like a genuine and interesting conversation.

The editors did a pretty decent job with this interview I was at the filming for that segment and it was awful.

Excellent episode, the segment ideas weren't new by any means, but the show still felt fresh and entertaining. The chemistry between the hosts has definitely matured. Some great driving from Tanner, as usual. I'm actually starting to prefer TGUS to TGUK, because somehow TGUS feels more honest, managing to strike a better balance between a car show and an entertainment show.

Okay, now the Ford Focus racecar is a "Production Car."

Jeez, if Ford was gonna do this, then why delay the announcement by a few weeks? Saved us the hassle of bitchin' at each other over whos right and who's wrong. Also, would've been a great promotional tie-in of sorts (I mean, they constantly try to throw the Ford Raptor into situations on Ice Road Truckers.....)

Okay, now the Ford Focus racecar is a "Production Car."

Jeez, if Ford was gonna do this, then why delay the announcement by a few weeks? Saved us the hassle of bitchin' at each other over whos right and who's wrong. Also, would've been a great promotional tie-in of sorts (I mean, they constantly try to throw the Ford Raptor into situations on Ice Road Truckers.....)

Because the producers asked them not to until they had aired this episode, just to stir up controversy on this and other forums. Remember that all press (throw internet buzz into this) is good, even when it seems bad.

Because the producers asked them not to until they had aired this episode, just to stir up controversy on this and other forums. Remember that all press (throw internet buzz into this) is good, even when it seems bad.

Don't make me [citation needed] image you again.

When has any corporation ever thought up a rationale idea?

"I know.....let's have one of our works drivers flog our race-prepped overpriced econoboxes on a bad rip-off of a British TV show that ranks 17th in overall ratings on some basic cable network, get in on a lap time board nobody cares about, rattle some no-name sites with controversy, and THEN we'll announce Joe Schomoe with $100K to burn can get the same car as Tanner Frost drives!! How great is that idea?!"

Mere driving by "drivers" Ken Block and Travis Pastrana in some podunk rally event attracts more attention than TGUSA!!

Last edited:

NO PLEASE!

No citation, that was going to be part of a large bullshit/joke post, but I was helping kids with homework, was tired from my own work, and just wasn't feeling it. So it got truncated, and I forgot to edit the first sentence. Mea culpa.

I must say I am VERY pleasantly surprised on how good the Top Gear US is becoming. My girlfriend and I very much look forward to each new episode.

Last few episodes have been VERY entertaining.

I really hope TGUS is here to stay, because it is now one of my favorite shows.

When has any corporation ever thought up a rationale idea?

"I know.....let's have one of our works drivers flog our race-prepped overpriced econoboxes on a bad rip-off of a British TV show that ranks 17th in overall ratings on some basic cable network, get in on a lap time board nobody cares about, rattle some no-name sites with controversy, and THEN we'll announce Joe Schomoe with $100K to burn can get the same car as Tanner Frost drives!! How great is that idea?!"

Mere driving by "drivers" Ken Block and Travis Pastrana in some podunk rally event attracts more attention than TGUSA!!

why y'all gotta be a hatea?

why y'all gotta be a hatea?

Cause I hate the idea that if your gonna promote something and not even offer it for public consumption, then why even bother?

I like the idea that IRT are using Ford Raptors and I can go to my local Ford Dealer and pick up one the same day I walk in. I hate the idea that I can't walk into my local Ford Dealer and pick up a race prepared Ford Fiesta (the previous link I did a few posts was the wrong model) unless I have "credentials." I can buy the other cars on the board (if I have the cash), but not the Ford Fiesta that is kitted out with $500,000 in stuff crammed into it. Thats what irks me.

The board, like the UK one, needs to stick to cars where anyone can buy the car (if they can afford it) without restrictions. No need to have a special license, no need to have a race team behind you, and especially not a car where it's specially tuned for a specific cause.

Last edited:
^^aren't you getting panties wad up for no good reason?

I liked this ep. TGUS is getting better and better!

But Tanners "all-American" Fiesta is actually built in Sweden...

...and then shipped here where they barely sell. 14k+ FJs sold last year = not many sales at all. Wonder why they bother with that one?

Oh well, didn't mean to derail the thread. Carry on!

Ironic part is, they only started to release the FJ Cruiser in Japan just last year!! To replace the Hilux Surf.

I don't see why the Fiesta Rallycross wouldn't be allowed on the lap board. I'm sure there are a few tuned cars on TopGear UK's board, most recently the Impreza Cosworth. TopGear US allowed that tuned SVT Raptor on, and it looks like there's enough ground clearance for the Fiesta to make it over a speed bump.

Making Rutledge sick was hilarious (though probably not for him). Eight.