• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

[02x07] what car did stig wreck???

Sirocco

Car(s)
1977 Scirocco/1981 Scirocco S
Ok I just started watching this episode [02x07] and they mention that a car was wrecked I presume by the Stig.
They had a newspaper with the headline "Top Gear 'yobs' wreck (pound sign)1M car".
Ok, so I can't figure out how to do the symbol for pounds with my limited american keyboard/brain. :roll:
Another paper showed a picture of a C-type racer? with the title "Top Gear Hooligans"

What was the car they wrecked...anyone :dunno:

I tried a search but found no mention.

They didn't "wreck" the C-type, the owner told them to basically go nuts with it on the track, so they did. They burned off some rubber and fried the clutch a bit, and the media decided to have a field day pretending that they wreck cars for the fun of it.

Yeah, I thought it was the Maserati 250F which Jeremy drove.

c-type...

is that jaguar or mercedes? :|
anyway, don't remember anything of the stig crashing a car

Jag. If it were a Mercedes, it'd be a C-class. And BMW goes by n-series (3 series, 5 series, etc), and Audi, well, no idea what they call their classes/series.

I can see Jeremy making the Stig crash a C-class, but that'd probably be reserved for one of his DVDs. :p

Labcoatguy said:
Jag. If it were a Mercedes, it'd be a C-class. And BMW goes by n-series (3 series, 5 series, etc),

heh, never noticed that :eek:

did they ever test that jag? i dont remember ever watching them drive it

It was tested in 02x04. The story about the Jaguar Le Mans winner.

More info here. Looks like the owner wasn't so happy after he got the car back :)

Z102 said:
More info here. Looks like the owner wasn't so happy after he got the car back :)

Thanks Z102, glad they didn't actually "wreck" it.
Clutches and tires are consumables with these types of cars...rather expensive ones but consumables non the less. :roll:

A twisted driveshaft is kinda harsh but anyone that's owned/driven an older american muscle car with a little extra juice has experienced this before. 8)

To wreck a car requires rolling it up into a little ball so that not one body panel is recognizable....glad that's not what happened to that C-Type.

sl55 amg said:
It was tested in 02x04. The story about the Jaguar Le Mans winner.
thanks, i havent watched these old eps in a while. time to refresh my mind