[02x08] September 18th, 2011

[02x08] September 18th, 2011

• Total voters

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Sorry for the thread creation delay -- I just got home. :)

Please stay on-topic by discussing the episode itself.

Holy crap, I wasn't expecting a return of the Members-Only Jacket from Season 1! I didn't even realize it was the same jacket until the end.

P.S. Rutledge gets bonus points for getting an ACTUAL Trans-AM

P.S. Rutledge gets bonus points for getting an ACTUAL Trans-AM

Minus points for the wrong generation. Seriously, no junkyards in California had NO 3rd gens in stock or being parted out? Even cannibalized ones?

Also, Rutledge was super annoying as fuck in this episode. Made you wanna punch him in the face and balls.....at the same time. We get it your superior, i'm not exactly ready to sacrifice a virgin for you.

Foust in the Subbie......It was great, just......I HATE the fact that when they switch from Outside shots to inside shots. The difference is so ugly and jarring, it was distracting. Also, DON'T FUCKING CUT TO A COMMERCIAL BREAK AT THE CONCLUSION OF TEH RACE!! FOLLOW THRU TO THE REVIEW AND LAP TIME THEN COMMERCIAL!!!

Meh to the rest.

Last edited:
Minus points for the wrong generation. Seriously, no junkyards in California had NO 3rd gens in stock or being parted out? Even cannibalized ones?

Also, Rutledge was super annoying as fuck in this episode. Made you wanna punch him in the face and balls.....at the same time. We get it your superior, i'm not exactly ready to sacrifice a virgin for you.

Foust in the Subbie......It was great, just......I HATE the fact that when they switch from Outside shots to inside shots. The difference is so ugly and jarring, it was distracting. Also, DON'T FUCKING CUT TO A COMMERCIAL BREAK AT THE CONCLUSION OF TEH RACE!! FOLLOW THRU TO THE REVIEW AND LAP TIME THEN COMMERCIAL!!!

Meh to the rest.

first, what the fuck are you saying here? do you know english?

second, from what i could translate i agree with you but there is a reason why they cut to commercial when they do, its smart.

anyways, fun epp to end the season, sure hope they do something really "epic" next season though. this one was fun but it was really the same thing over and over. At what point do you guys think they will be allowed to go abroad?

Apparently they are abroad now, shooting tests in England. Check the "Tanner Foust" thread.

Haven't seen this yet. Also, I was surprised to note that, had TG Australia had another episode, it would have had the exact same theme.

Apparently they are abroad now, shooting tests in England. Check the "Tanner Foust" thread.

Haven't seen this yet. Also, I was surprised to note that, had TG Australia had another episode, it would have had the exact same theme.

you must remember though that outside of this forum not many people in america even know that TG Aus exists.

Loved the messages on the front of Rut's Trans-am.

Just because it is called Top Gear doesn't mean it's any good. The Car Show has the cast that should have been TGUS and they have guests that have something to do with cars and automotive news. I am sick unto death of cheap cars every week, Foust and Wood are annoying and who is the third guy again?

TGR and TGA were superior as they offered insight into far away lands.

Last edited:
you must remember though that outside of this forum not many people in america even know that TG Aus exists.

...which is why I addressed my comments here.

The Car Show has the cast that should have been TGUS and they have guests that have something to do with cars and automotive news.

And they get like five viewers each episode right? :) Lets not bring this back up again please. We've talked this one to death...

I am sick unto death of cheap cars every week

We've talked about this before too. I'm sure the challenges are/were the best rated segments of the previous series, which is why we see so many of them. And if you're wondering where a particular segment is, well, take a guess. Sure, we fans are a little tired of all the challenges I'd say, but the show has to do well before it can do more. Give it time.

TGR and TGA were superior as they offered insight into far away lands.

Funny you should say that, as they weren't shows meant for international export, but for their market. To us, yeah, insight into far away lands; for Russians and Australians, well, many Aussies called TGAus "cringe-worthy" on their board and both shows are now defunct. Make of that what you will.

Also, being from Kansas, shows set in Cali almost seem to be about a 'far away land.' :)

Last edited:
Also, being from Kansas, shows set in Cali almost seem to be about a 'far away land.' :)
Certainly many Great England of Britain Lands can fit between the two :)

None of the challenges were especially dangerous. Other than when Adam went off the runway and his Duster got dusty, none of the paint was even in danger. I wish they had gotten actual cars used in the productions and rated them. A Batmobile challenge (60's vs 89 movie vs tumbler even though it wouldn't be close). I would squee like a little girl if they did a General Lee vs Black Beauty vs 60's Batmobile challenge.

Anyway, the point is the effort wasn't apparent to me.

Just got to watch the show last night as my wife was watching a soap opera on Univision when TG was on. Rutledge caught me off guard with the slapping in the face of Foust and Ferrara and I am not sure if they even expected that. Could this have been spontaneous? If so the show and its host are coming along might fine.
The reviews and the running of the Subaru Impreza WRX STI was impressive. Yet I cannot actually believe that there is not that much difference between the Rally WRX and the stock one. Even with that thought I enjoyed the race against the motorcycle. Once again it did show that Tanner can handle a car.
The Duster?s spinout appeared to be unscripted and I thought it added to the show.
All and all a very good show that makes me want more as the show appears to be strongly coming into its own.

I wish they had gotten actual cars used in the productions and rated them.

So would I, but you gotta remember, a working DeLorean costs well over 20 grand. And, like Adam said during the show, there aren't that many '69 Chargers around because the Duke boys kept destroying them.

1. For those who are still waiting for the torrent, history.com has the episode up in full.
2. Agree with those who think Rut needs a pie in the face, but really, that's the point. All the hosts get obnoxious when they win; it's that Clarksony thing that got them hired in the first place.
3. They really did a good job with the STI vs bike thing; excellent camera work.
4. Skipped the BSSC since I never watched The Sopranos.
5. First time UStig shows some of his character. Bit disappointing to see him aping UKStig.

Overall rating: call it a 7.

2. Agree with those who think Rut needs a pie in the face, but really, that's the point. All the hosts get obnoxious when they win; it's that Clarksony thing that got them hired in the first place.

But within the three, Rutledge is super annoying when he's winning. Tanner and Adam do have their moments, but it's not to the point where you want to clock the guy just to shut him up. Rutledge has show he's a poor winner in other episodes, but this particular one just threw it into the stratosphere.

9/10 A very solid episode. I thought the challenge was unique and entertaining. I also liked the fact that they didn't destroy the cars, which always annoys me. The STi test was great too.

Rutledge caught me off guard with the slapping in the face of Foust and Ferrara and I am not sure if they even expected that.
:lol: Yeah, that part surprised me too. I just had to skip back and watch that part over again.

Overall, I think the show is going great. The haters can keep on hating. Sorry, but it will never be TopGear UK. If you can't come to terms with that, then just stop watching.

At least the Duster was painted more accurately then they did in the movie Dukes of Hazards. It did have that big ole Confederate Battle Flag on the Roof like in the TV series. The movie removed the flag and renamed the car from the General Lee to the General, I guess so as not offend anyone.

At least the Duster was painted more accurately then they did in the movie Dukes of Hazards. It did have that big ole Confederate Battle Flag on the Roof like in the TV series. The movie removed the flag and renamed the car from the General Lee to the General, I guess so as not offend anyone.

If you're talking about the movie made in 2005, the confederate flag was still on the roof. They did a scene joking about how people would react upon seeing the flag.