[02x09] February 14th, 2012

[02x09] February 14th, 2012

• Total voters
Have you ever watched any incarnation of TG before?

This was the first episode of TGA I felt was stronger than the TG episode of the week (18x03). While some may have not like the show, I feel the chemistry between the three hosts is a lot stronger than it was in season one.

I really like how the hosts are starting to work out much better now. Wasn't a big fan of the truck challenge, but my dad, who was a trucker, was visiting & wanted to watch and it got better.

Awesome fireworks and almost burned down field, ha.

Oh and btw:
OPTIMUS PRIME!
AMERICA!!!

:)

8/10 for me.

Really solid episode, didn't realise until watching this episode just how much I'd missed Top Gear USA, the three have a great chemistry. Have to admit I did skip over the guest and worried a little bit with the car being hit, I'm assuming it was scripted although that comment at the end about a New Yorker made me think it was the couple they showed's car. Fireworks too were starting to push it abit, but they didnt dwell on the jokes/scripted bits as much as TG UK might do at times.

Actually enjoyed watching this episode more than last week's Top Gear with the stupid car chase piece. It's great to have both Top Gear back on TV at the same time though.

It was a fantastic show. The New Yorker scene was not scripted, The joke tanner made was about an audience member that being made fun of throughout the filming because he claimed "his" New Yorker was on of the best cars that has ever been made. Right after the joke you can see myself and my wife in the next frame. I am the guy in the back looking at the camera. Not the better looking guy standing next to my wife. They moved all of us around, but i have to admit. She was the cutest audience member.

The New Yorker also had a space-saver spare tyre on the left rear. It was probably a non-runner.

http://img822.imageshack.**/img822/9871/screenshot20120219at956.png

Funny thing is that that car was not the crews and that part was not planned. It was a sweet lady that owned the car. Tanner talked about how he met a new "friend" that day.

I live in Oregon and people think those tires are for normal daily use.

As a former Michigander (screw that Michiganian stuff), I just wanted to give a shout-out from out here on the East Coast.

Both Michiganian and Michigander bother me, but both are technically correct.

Mdracer, learn how to use the multi-quote. ;)

If I was 9 I may have enjoyed it a lot more. But seeing how I'm not, this was the very least they could do with the setting. The very least.

Okay, now that I found enough free time to catch up on all my Top Gear this weekend, there was one thing that really bugged me about this episode:

The way their label for Kalamazoo on the map graphic was off by 25 miles and placed exactly where rdfox described - near the home of Kellogg's in Battle Creek. Anyone who's driven from Detroit to Chicago or vice versa knows that Kalamazoo is located further left on the map, at the kink where I-94 stops being an east-west highway and more of a northeast-southwest one.