[02x13] March 13th, 2012

[02x13] March 13th, 2012

• Total voters

simbaleo

Car(s)
Lots of loud things.
8 overall. First half of the reviews and "granny racing" were hilarious. BSSC was meh. Trump segment was fun, though my favorite was the example of just how truly horrible E-gear is in city traffic when driven by someone unused to it.

Down with flappies.

Initial_B

Car(s)
2006 Toyota Corolla Xrs (a 4-door Lotus)
enjoyed the episode. i usually do watch BSSC, but the guest had me wondering where i seen him before, but i just don't feel like searching. but hey, it's not a talk show. the challenges are brilliantly funny, and i have nothing against Trump, personally. hell, he might give, or given the show some sort of cred.

8/10

Leadfoot866

Car(s)
'12 Ford Focus hatch, '06 Nissan Sentra sedan
First segment of the supercar comparison was great.
BSSC was not very interesting and I kind of wondered off.
Second segment of the supercars was good. Those flappy-paddle gearboxes really are hopeless in normal driving conditions.
The segment with Donald Trump was great. Somehow I knew he was going to pick the Bentley as soon as Adam arrived at his building.

Overall it was a good episode, though I do have to deduct points for the BSSC.
Still, it's a solid 8/10.

NotFastNough

Car(s)
2004 Acura TSX & 2013 Honda Accord Sport
I enjoyed this episode and liked how the 3 took those super cars in the challenges, especially the granny race. I did enjoy the boardroom segment as the boys pitch the cars to the Donald. The part Adam and Rut picks at Tanner and gets Donald to reply is just hilarious. The chemistry definitely is showing during this season and thats what keeps making it get better. The BSSC I thought was boring since I don't know who that person is. Wish they had a car review or something.

Overall an 8/10

Last edited:
That was actually pretty good. Right up to the moment Trump appeared. That self promoting lump of (inappropriate words) made me want to give the episode a 1. Then I remembered I could just crop off the end of the show.

Rossco

Car(s)
05 Saab 9-5, '99 Yamaha XVS650A, '07 Suzuki DL650
I think this is the first time one of the Top Gear shows has filmed in New England! :D

You think the Granny challenge was filmed here?

Love how Adam got the old lady to say "Balls out!" :lol:

Solid 8

d798

Car(s)
had a few in the past year lol
omg lol...was laughing all the way through the episode.

nice!

gave it an 8

neyzen00

Car(s)
No car.. Only bike: Triumph Street Triple
nice episode... very entertaining. 9/10

I can easily say now that Top Gear US is another show altogether, i.e. I am no longer comparing them in my head or even bringing up memories from Top Gear UK. It feels different and fresh. The australian spin off always felt like it lived under the same umbrella as the UK one, but this.. they're onto something here.. it's a keeper for sure.. :D

theiceisalie

Fail episode. A poorly contrived challenge that ultimately results in the dud at the end of the episode.

I mean seriously, the show has degraded to the point where it's not both equally entertaining and informative. The last episode was a clear-cut example of this. All they did was spout out factual inaccuracies of the cars "sorrid" pasts. It felt like I was watching a Ralph Nader propaganda film.

Even the promos for this episode was ridiculously deceptive and lackluster. What do you think would've been a better draw: The boys must evaluate cars for a "certain unnamed rich client" or watching three guys harass and scare to death Grandma?

avanti

Forum Addict
Car(s)
5 cars + 8 motorcycles
theiceisalie has sand in her vagina...

I thought it was a awesome episode; great cars, great locations and great laughs, what more do you want?

Burn

Car(s)
'02 VW Golf GTI - '89 W124 200TE
Could be worse Rutledge.

Sorry for OT, but: 95% of the youtube commenters don't get that that's no manual and are going on about the driver...

God I hate stupid people :mad:

A.J.

That was probably one of the funniest episodes of TopGear US so far.

So, if Trump wants the Bentley, does this mean that he'll get the one Adam drove, which is the older-generation one, or the new-generation? They had one of the newer ones in the studio segment.

biggie

Car(s)
2x-'93 Nissan 240sx V/C, '03 Infiniti G35 C
8 for me, pretty funny at times.

pates03

Car(s)
03 MSProtege
That was probably one of the funniest episodes of TopGear US so far.

So, if Trump wants the Bentley, does this mean that he'll get the one Adam drove, which is the older-generation one, or the new-generation? They had one of the newer ones in the studio segment.
I believe they filmed that back in Sept but I could be wrong.

Burn

Car(s)
'02 VW Golf GTI - '89 W124 200TE
I'm really getting annoyed of Rut always being sick, who wants to see that? Even if it's real, they could cut that out...

Other than that, great episode, new ideas in there, just fun to watch. :)

NotFastNough

Car(s)
2004 Acura TSX & 2013 Honda Accord Sport
I believe they filmed that back in Sept but I could be wrong.
I saw one of the NYC taxis had an advertisement for the movie Real Steel, which was released last October, so you are correct that it was filmed last September.

I'm really getting annoyed of Rut always being sick, who wants to see that? Even if it's real, they could cut that out...

Other than that, great episode, new ideas in there, just fun to watch. :)
I don't like them showing that either, wish they would stop.

pepitko

Car(s)
Audi A5, Ducati M796
Excellent episode, one of the best they've done so far, 9/10 easily. The challenges had good ideas and there were moments I was laughing my ass off. Also kudos for getting Donald Trump on the show.

That's a very good question. I'd be interested to know if he really got that car or another one from a showroom floor or whether he orders his cars fully tailored to his preferences, for instance for the wood trim to match his yacht or whatever.