[02x14] March 20th, 2012

[02x14] March 20th, 2012

• Total voters
5. I wish they'd expanded on the challenge and did something unique. TG Australia did it right with the armored car episode. This was just a blatant rip-off of the UK one with scripted hijinks.

Agree.
TGUS is a great show, but TGUK is f***ing awesome. If you do the same stuff, there will be comparison.

Agree.
TGUS is a great show, but TGUK is f***ing awesome. If you do the same stuff, there will be comparison.

Driving around stars was cliche. I could've thought of a few better ideas and made them even more American-centric:

Make a homemade limo and the surprise twist is that you have to use it to drive around teenagers to their Prom Night. Or guys/gals on their bachelor/bachelorette parties.
Buy an Old Limo (within specs, like no cheating and buy a 70's landbarge or a big-ass Mercedes from the 80's or that it has to be a coachbuilt stretched) and try to get the most fares at the Airport.

Last edited:
Driving around stars was cliche. I could've thought of a few better ideas and made them even more American-centric:
What's more "American-centric" than driving stars around? Our whole culture is based around celebrities and the limo was born here. Other than TG: UK doing it 5 years ago, it was a perfect fit for the US show. Your other ideas would actually be good for another episode and could in theory still be used but I don't think they would have been better in place of this episode.

Only negative I really had was that I wish they didn't copy the same custom limo ideas. Two cars welded together, super long limo with a seat that you have to pull up to the front with a rope. They could have been more creative in that realm.

Driving stars around is a hell of a lot more American-centric than it is British-centric. :nod: