• Total voters

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Please stay on-topic. :)

I absolutely died laughing when Adam rear-ended that car

Easily the best ep yet. The Adam / Leachman bit was the cherry on an overall hilarious show. 9/10.

I'd go so far as to say it was better than the original limo challenge.

One of the few TGUS episodes where I enjoy watching BSSC segment. 1:39, that vamp is quick !

I gave it a 9, too. Yes, the Adam / Leachman ride was great...smiling and waving in the beginning, cussing him out at the end after he got lost. Great episode, lots of laughs.

I couldn't breathe, I was laughing so hard at the sheer ridiculousness!

It may be just a repackaged version of the UK limo challenge, but I don't care. It was fantastic!
The silliness! IT HURTS!

The BSSC segment this week wasn't bad either. Still not my favorite bit of the show...

Oh the continuity! I can't believe that Rut used the same Rabbit as the one in the First Cars episode.

way better take than the UK version, plus, Cloris Leachman!

was it just me or did Moyer do some pretty bad corner cutting at the beginning of his lap (or at least the lap they showed)?

I find it ironic that Bruno was Tanner's celebrity, since starting next week Top Gear will be competing with DWTS' results show.

I know these old American Cars are said to be build like tanks, but NO damage from the Mercedes crash? Holy crap! o_O

Another cheap car challenge - but very enjoyable :)

YES!!! They used the same cars in the studio shots!

Poor Stig didn't get a martini...like he cares.

was it just me or did Moyer do some pretty bad corner cutting at the beginning of his lap (or at least the lap they showed)?
He did, and I initially called him on it, then I remembered that we regularly do the same. Only where we do that, there's no pavement off-line like that, so we're tossing crud on track and the track organizers complain at us about it... *cough* Sorry, bit of a tangent there. :)

I enjoyed it. I enjoyed it so much I paused it when I needed to leave the room - most shows I don't bother.

As an entertainment piece, it was fine, but it was way too slap-stick-ish/contrived to be enjoyed by anyone over the age of 10. It seemed like every gag was set up hours beforehand and there was no genuine surprise in the show.

Rut's breakdown was just the icing on the over-directed cake. He's in a car with two engines, and one of them breaking down causes him to forfeit. Really? REALLY?

There have been episodes this season which have been truly enjoyable for me, but this is sadly not among them.

I agree completely that this show should not be compared to the UK version, but when they copy it directly, comparison is unavoidable. Using the exact same challenges and having 2/3 of the cars based on the same ideas, it's bound to reek of staleness. I was waiting for Rut to say, "Here's an idea: If there's someone you don't like, rent one of these for about 35 quid a day, and cut their car in half." If they're going to go with the all-challenge approach (as seems to be the intent this season), then they can at least come up with some ideas of their own.

I know I'm in the minority here, judging by the comments above, but this will be one of the very few episodes of Top Gear (in any iteration) that I will not watch a second time.

Rut's breakdown was just the icing on the over-directed cake. He's in a car with two engines, and one of them breaking down causes him to forfeit. Really? REALLY?
I'm pretty sure that Tanner chewed Rutledge out in the beginning because he didn't use two engines. I remember him saying something about having "twice the weight and half the power" (Not in a place right now where I can listen to the dialogue again).

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that Tanner chewed Rutledge out in the beginning because he didn't use two engines. I remember him saying something about having "twice the weight and half the power" (Not in a place right now where I can listen to the dialogue again).
That was 'cuz he couldn't use both engines at once, not because one engine was removed/missing/non-functional (at the time). I don't understand why he didn't just turn it around and use the other engine (as done when he went down a one-way street).

Last edited:
way better take than the UK version, plus, Cloris Leachman!

Yeah, much less cringing from me vs. the UK take on it, for whatever reason. And yeah: Cloris! :D :lol:

I find it ironic that Bruno was Tanner's celebrity, since starting next week Top Gear will be competing with DWTS' results show.

At least there are only two episodes to go, so it shouldn't be too bad.

Poor Stig didn't get a martini...like he cares.

Some say "martini" has a totally different meaning on Stig's home planet...

I remember him saying something about having "twice the weight and half the power" (Not in a place right now where I can listen to the dialogue again).

Yeah, that's -- pretty much -- what Tanner said.