[02x16] April 3rd, 2012

• Total voters

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Please stay on-topic. :)

One of their best episodes that didn't include some type of epic road trip.

The most "uncool" car challenge was ripe with entertainment. Great choices for cars, I cringe every time I see an Aztek and sadly that is every morning as my neighbor has one. The amount of gas Tanner was losing on the race track, holy cow. Plenty of little challenges with good laughs. They even drove my commute to Manhattan Beach in the segment of them driving to the auction house.

The BSSC segment was finally solid. Good energy from both even though Kal Penn isn't a car guy.

Excellent camerawork on the Noble M600 segment. I wonder if they pulled in some Top Gear UK crew for that... The Noble looked a lot more insane in the hands of Tanner than it did with Hammond earlier this year. He also got it 10mph faster BARE FOOT! It also looks like the same one Hammond got as a replacement, just different wheels on it. Interior is the same.

Pretty solid second half of the season. I don't care about all the haters. I'm loving both UK/US and hope we keep getting more.

No way...I think I was there when they filmed the uncool car segment. I remember the 3 supercars, Lambo, Ferrari, and Lotus. I even have vid of them.

A good episode. I was particularly impressed that the BSSC part wasn't terrible like it usually is. I'm not sure if Adam is just better at interviewing or Kal Penn was just more interested than the normal guests.

And that is how you end the season on a high note! Loved the Noble segment - that was some awesome camera work.

excellent episode to end the season. not a down moment in this one, and the Noble review was the best i've seen in this series.

season 3 will be something to look forward to, hopefully, later this year.

Definitely a great end to a great season. What I found funny was thinking the Noble was cool but hurry up and get back to the worse car bit. Might have something to do with not actually having to be in one of them in public. The star lap is still the weak point for me but was better than others.

I can't recall if TGUK has done the buy the worse car possible for someone else or have they? If not it would be interesting to see them do it.

Another solid episode. Gave it an 8. I'm hooked! Can't wait for next season.

Excellent Show, Excellent Season....
The series just keeps getting more entertaining. There wasn't a dull moment in last night's show.
Perfect picks for the three most uncool cars too

VERY well put-together. The Noble segment was fantastic. I wish they could have done more challenges with the uncool cars, but this tightly-packed episode was worth it.

That Noble segment was solid, gotta say I prefer Tanner to Hammond, that drift to start the high speed run was awesome.

No way...I think I was there when they filmed the uncool car segment. I remember the 3 supercars, Lambo, Ferrari, and Lotus. I even have vid of them.

It's funny how frequently some of those guys attend track days. It could have been any one of 20 track days at Willow and you might have seen those exact 3 cars out there. It was also hard to tell in the show - at the time I wasn't really playing close attention - but it appeared as though the TG guys were running on Streets of Willow not Big Willow (as in your video - for those that don't know there are 2 tracks there.)

Tanner certainly has skills...and balls. Drifting a figure eight around and with 3-quarter of a million dollars worth of super cars would certainly have me a *tad* nervous. It didn't look like he made it easy, either. The Lamborghini and R8 weren't that far apart.

One of the best if not the best. Solid 10. The show keeps getting better and better!

...at the time I wasn't really playing close attention - but it appeared as though the TG guys were running on Streets of Willow not Big Willow (as in your video - for those that don't know there are 2 tracks there.)
Ummmm....no...my vid was at Streets of Willow. I know the difference since I've been there several times. Note the title of the vid and the opening of the vid. Also, note, in the vid, they were going counter-clockwise. I've never seen Big Willow do counter-clockwise. I've only known them to do CCW at Streets and Horse Thief.

And, lastly, if I remember correctly, they had a small film crew.

I'm not saying I'm 100% sure they were filming for this ep, but, between the timing (Aug 2011) and the other handful of coincidences, it could be. :mrgreen:

Ummmm....no...my vid was at Streets of Willow. I know the difference since I've been there several times. Note the title of the vid and the opening of the vid. Also, note, in the vid, they were going counter-clockwise. I've never seen Big Willow do counter-clockwise. I've only known them to do CCW at Streets and Horse Thief.

And, lastly, if I remember correctly, they had a small film crew.

I'm not saying I'm 100% sure they were filming for this ep, but, between the timing (Aug 2011) and the other handful of coincidences, it could be. :mrgreen:

No worries. I obviously flubbed that up. For some reason I was thinking the green wall was only next to Big Willow. (and I skimmed your video, didn't watch the whole thing). Did you notice if they jumped into a Speed Ventures day or was it a different org doing the track session?

This is not a car for the timid. It's not much heavier than Linsday Lohan, but it's ten times as volatile.

Who says Adam gets all the good lines?

I thought it was one of their best yet. Gave it a 9.

Excellent camerawork on the Noble M600 segment. I wonder if they pulled in some Top Gear UK crew for that...

I was almost thinking that myself. That segment and the Morgan segment from the first season both gave me a Top Gear UK vibe.