[02x16] April 3rd, 2012

[02x16] April 3rd, 2012

• Total voters
theiceisalie gave this episode more than 1.

:eek:

Let me know when the zombies start heading north. ;)

Great way tend the season. I laughed hard several times. Some great one-liners, plus Rut's genuine hatred for the Aztek.

"I don't think either of you have the fear that I do, which is rolling this piece of shit over."

I have to say though that Rut actually improved the Aztek with his mods (improving a car, Top Gear first?).

The review was excellent as well. I'd say this easily ranks with the best of Top Gear. Great from start to finish, felt well paced, entertaining while sneaking in tidbits of information. Loved it. In fact, I'm watching it again now.

Last edited:
I was surprised I actually enjoyed this episode from start to finish. Whether I'm slowly getting use to each presenter's own style of humor/acting or if it's actually that good of an episode.. I'll never know.

I especially enjoyed the BSSC segment with Kal Penn. Although not a car guy, he genuinely entertained the audience and watchers at home and that made it a very good immersive and entertaining segment to watch.

As for the Noble segment, TGUS definitely pulled in a favor from the UK crew with all the special effects. It downright has their signature "flare" to it or whatever you call it. If only TGUS had some of the UK crew working for them I would enjoy TGUS that much more.

Kudos,
Jay

Last edited:
Y'know, I'm pretty sure the TGUK haven't tackled this one -- but they probably will. Hammond in VW Beetle vs. James in Morris Marina vs. Jeremy in Toyota Corolla.

they could call this episode "Hated Cars", since the Beetle and the legendary Corolla aren't bad cars.

i like to think Hammond would be the one who gives Clarkson the Corolla since it's little know that Hamster's first car was a 70's Corolla coupe.

Not too long after I joined this site, one of my first suggestions in the relevant thread was that the UK boys do a "I Hate That (Cheap) Car!" Challenge. I'd still love for them to do that. That said, I also suggested that none of the cars should be a Beetle because (if you remember the Botswana special) it's the one car all three of them hate.

For Richard, in lieu of a Beetle, I'd go with a Nissan Sunny (assuming he still hates it).

?"It's like Khloe Kardashian ugh, she ain't, ain't the best Kardashian. But, at least shes a Kardashian."